Male Spriggan (Follower and playable) I need help. :(

Okay, I am hereby declaring my defeat... ;) 

I'm obsessed with humanoid plants and after I found VectorPlexus' male spriggan mod on the web (Thank you for that one :D) I wanted to have a MALE spriggan follower. 

So I went into CK and followed a guide on how to create your own followers. I did everything the way it was advised, race, disposition, factions, even combat style and all that stuff. I gave him spells. (the spriggan ones) and stuff, excluding weapons and armor as he's still a kind of creature and spriggans wearing clothes look stupid... Anyway... I placed him into Eldergleam Grove (I think that's the correct name) saved, and went to check it ingame...

First of all, that guy didn't even show up. God knows why, because I put him there! So I went to the console and got his ID, and used player.placeatme command to check if he was even working.

He showed up, even by the name I gave him, trying to attack me on sight, but then seemed to notice that I'm not his enemy. Then he stood thee, still in casting pose and stared at me. I tried to talk to him, to make him follow me, but there wasn't even an option on him. I couldn't speak to him, I could only hit him, but since I set him to essential nothing happened, only that he didn't fight back.

Then I noticed that his leaves were spinning around in circles, around his head and in front of his chest. Not to mention the annoying buzzing sound. Using the puppet spell made him follow me, but that's not how I wanted it, and with those crazy spinning leaves even less.

I wonder what I did wrong? I don't know how to assign a certain voice. The mod SolarPlexus made seems to have a preset or something, using a default male voice from the game, which would do the job, if I knew how to attach it. Next thing is, I can't change the appearance of the spriggan in CK, it doesn't even seem to have a tab for facegen data, but that may be due to him being a creature, and doesn't matter too much.

I just can't figure out why he doesn't want to talk to me, let alone show up. (Stupid pile of firewood, really!)

So if anybody could give me some advice, tips or anything on how to get this to work, I'd gladly appreciate it. I wouldn't say now if someone would try to add him themselves, as I'm not really sure about all the errors CK is giving me every once in a while. (missing texture missing shader missing whatever else... for whatever reason, because there IS nothing missing!)

Next thing is, I found a mod that lets you play as a spriggan (custom race) - female only. As Bethesda changed a lot from Oblivion to Skyrim, I really don't know how to add a custom race, or better, the 'missing' gender. I can create a custom race within a few minutes in Oblivion, but Skyrim kills me here. :( Does anybody know a good guide or has some ideas on how to add the 'missing' gender (and player voice!) to the mod? I'd love to play as a tree just for fun. :lol:  

Anyway, I've spent the whole night trying to get anything to work but everything I came up with was the incomplete and weird spinning thing that didn't even want to talk to me. :( AND gave me the FootIK crash asap on loading my save with my mod-attempt set as active plugin, so I assume that I must have done something terribly wrong. *sighs* 

Duh... I'm not using Sexlab creature stuff, I don't want to get fucked by a tree xD 

I have a mod that changes some of the game's spriggans from female to male, VectorPlexus made it. (They don't have penises even, but that's just fine. :P) There are mods that add peens to creatures, but as they use the default creatures from the game, they only make female spriggan available for sex, but do not change their gender, nor add peens to them, considering you'd approach one of the male ones running around somewhere. But well... I'm not into creature sex at all and it doesn't solve the issue I have. xD 

Because I do have male models, as well as the default female ones, I just don't know how to put it all together to make a working follower. (or add a male version to the playable race) 

Archived