View File

I've been asking around this website and others for someone to make a wristwatch mod for Fallout 4, and finally somebody did using already existing assets. This mod includes a wearable wristwatch item for your female character. The watch only works for CBBE (Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition) female body. The watch is worn on your left wrist to go along with your character's wedding ring, therefore the pipboy remover is a requirement for this mod.

The original watch mesh is "The Division Watch" by Koncept.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11113/?

==INSTALLATION==
Drag and drop the "data" file contained in the winrar into the following directory computer/localdisk/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Fallout 4/Data

Make sure to activate the esp file "watches.esp" using whatever mod manager you are using.

==REQUIREMENTS==
Pipboy Remover
Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition

==HOW TO USE==
Open the console in-game by pressing ~ and type help silver 4, then find the item "silver watch" and type player.additem (item number) 1, and then it should appear in your inventory.

==PLEASE RE-TEXTURE THIS WATCH==
The person who made this mod for me misunderstood me when I asked that I wanted the watch to be silver and covered the entire mesh with a single silver/metallic texture. If you are a skilled texture artist, please feel free to re-texture this watch and give it a watch face! Or you could replace it's textures with the textures contained in the division watch mod.

==RECOMMENDED MODS==
Heathyr Hoffman looksmenu preset
Silver Wedding Ring

• 4 weeks later...

So, does it tell time?

It seems odd that in a post nuclear world there are no watches that function. never mind EMP, where's the mechanical ones, the ones that work by winding up a mainspring? Why don't the Power Armor HUDs include a time display?

I would imagine after 200+ years they were either broken in various way or simply worn out over time, you do find pocket watches as junk items though.

And no it does not tell the time, its just decorative, though I did make quick and dirty pip boy re-placer using it, though it still uses the original pip boy when you do anything that requires animations.

So, does it tell time?

It seems odd that in a post nuclear world there are no watches that function. never mind EMP, where's the mechanical ones, the ones that work by winding up a mainspring? Why don't the Power Armor HUDs include a time display?

I would imagine after 200+ years they were either broken in various way or simply worn out over time, you do find pocket watches as junk items though.

And no it does not tell the time, its just decorative, though I did make quick and dirty pip boy re-placer using it, though it still uses the original pip boy when you do anything that requires animations.

Oh, no problem if yours doesn't. My question was more general.

Look, I don't believe that every last mechanical watch has been lost, broken or destroyed. There are functioning automatic pistols found in safes and computers still running in underground labs, so it goes against logic for every last watch to be broken. If you can step into a set of power armor that's been exposed to radiation and the elements and it will fire right up, then why wouldn't a mechanical wristwatch found in an underground bunker work after giving it a cleaning and winding it?

I wonder if ti would be worthwhile for people to start asking Bethesda to fix this.

I have a problem with this mod that another modder made and sent me. Whenever you equip the watch, it removes your character's underclothing and the only clothes that you're left wearing is your head/leg/arm/chest armor pieces.

The watch is worn on the left wrist and thus the pipboy remover had to be incorporated into it. I'm assuming that the watch is equipped in the same slot as the underclothing/full body armor.

Also, the watch is all one solid texture and does not have a watch face, so would you replace the textures with the original ones from "the division" watch?

Could someone please fix these two problems with the watch?

LL and nexus modder neo9 fixed this problem for me and even uploaded a screenshot of it to the mod page, but never sent me the fixed version of the file.

He also won't respond to my private messages inquiring about that.

I have ZERO knowledge with coding/programming/scripting.

Well what you want to do is pretty simple, you might have to grab FO4Edit or GECK and start learning.

The watch is using the same armor slot as underclothing/full body armor, which is why that gets removed every time you equip it.

How do I revert to the default watch textures?

Could you walk me through this? Or could you do the favor yourself?

Well what you want to do is pretty simple, you might have to grab FO4Edit or GECK and start learning.

The watch is using the same armor slot as underclothing/full body armor, which is why that gets removed every time you equip it.

Open FO4Edit find the watch in the esp, replace slot 33 with a different slot, probably the one for a ring or 56-59.

Open FO4Edit find the watch in the esp, replace slot 33 with a different slot, probably the one for a ring or 56-59.

Could you go into more detail?

The watch is on the left wrist and the pipboy remover is being used, so can I still use the slots you recommended?

Also, I want my female character to wear both her watch and her ring at the same time.

The watch is on the left wrist and the pipboy remover is being used, so can I still use the slots you recommended?

Also, I want my female character to wear both her watch and her ring at the same time.

The Characters body is Slot 33, which is

Wedding ring is slot 51 so you can't use it then.

54, 55, 56, 57 & 58 are spares unused by anything Vanilla so you will need to change it to one of them.

Open F4Edit, find your esp and open it by clicking the little + sign and your item should be the only thing under the Armor category.

It should look something like this and where the I have circled it probably only has 33, click that bit and change it to just 56 and hit x to close and it will save the change.

post-12141-0-34826100-1473416765_thumb.jpg

54, 55, 56, 57 & 58 are spares unused by anything Vanilla so you will need to change it to one of them.

Open F4Edit, find your esp and open it by clicking the little + sign and your item should be the only thing under the Armor category.

It should look something like this and where the I have circled it probably only has 33, click that bit and change it to just 56 and hit x to close and it will save the change.

attachicon.gifFO4Edit.jpg

Where do I download the FO4edit program? I found a place to get it but it turned out to be the skyrim edit program, and I no longer have skyrim installed on my machine.

If I give you my file, could you please fix it for me and then send the fixed version back to me?

Also, could you please revert the file back to it's original textures from the division watch?

Yourwatch.rar

Where do I download the FO4edit program? I found a place to get it but it turned out to be the skyrim edit program, and I no longer have skyrim installed on my machine.

If I give you my file, could you please fix it for me and then send the fixed version back to me?

Also, could you please revert the file back to it's original textures from the division watch?

Nope, your learning to do this yourself.

FO4Edit is on Nexus. There are U-Tube videos on how to use it, its nearly exactly the same for FO3,FONV and Skyrim versions.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D2737%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D3452490&pUp=1

After you install it you need to rename the exe to FO4Edit.exe

Nope, your learning to do this yourself.

FO4Edit is on Nexus. There are U-Tube videos on how to use it, its nearly exactly the same for FO3,FONV and Skyrim versions.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D2737%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D3452490&pUp=1

After you install it you need to rename the exe to FO4Edit.exe

Where do I extract the files to?

Create a new folder somewhere nice. I just put mine straight in the FO4 folder myself, I don't think it matters where you put it as long as you can find the exe and create a shortcut to it. Google and ye shall find...........

I extracted it into the Fallout 4 folder itself, but TESSedit won't let me do anything with Fallout 4.

What did I do wrong? Don't I have to rename something?

73e196503881867.jpg

Create a new folder somewhere nice. I just put mine straight in the FO4 folder myself, I don't think it matters where you put it as long as you can find the exe and create a shortcut to it. Google and ye shall find...........

I extracted it into the Fallout 4 folder itself, but TESSedit won't let me do anything with Fallout 4.

73e196503881867.jpg

Yes rename TES5Edit.exe to FO4Edit.exe

Then create a shortcut for it and put it on your desktop and click it and away you go.

The CK works pretty well too, but I think FO4Edit is less confusing to start with myself. You will need both when you start getting into modding. Both tools are better at some things than the other and find bugs the other doesn't.

73e196503881867.jpg

Yes rename TES5Edit.exe to FO4Edit.exe

Then create a shortcut for it and put it on your desktop and click it and away you go.

The CK works pretty well too, but I think FO4Edit is less confusing to start with myself. You will need both when you start getting into modding. Both tools are better at some things than the other and find bugs the other doesn't.

What kinds of mods can I make without having to have knowledge in programming/coding/scripting?

And how about making models in 3Dmax?