MoreNastyCritters not Working - No CreatureFramework menu, "CreatureFramework API Reference not found"

I know how to go about the removal/install process. I'll do that tonight, and get back tonight or tomorrow on if it works out.

(And I'll wipe the directory between uninstall/reinstall, since saves are elsewhere and I have a mods folder)

I understand, it's just that right now it's not something that's likely to come into play (I don't use Automatic Variants or Wryebash, or intend to) and I prefer to have a unified Steam games directory because I work with a lot of different games and it's nice to have them all a single command away.

I've reinstalled Skyrim and all of the mods, but the same "No animations installed or enabled" issue persists, even after FNIS and registry. This issue happens EXCLUSIVELY with creature animations, despite CreatureFramework and SexLab seeming to register successfully (creature animations are readily available in SexLab menus).

(Also added in HDT Physics and BBP, and am not using ANY mods outside NMM except for SKSE).

Mods: https://i.imgsafe.org/83f1608297.png

Load Order: https://i.imgsafe.org/83f165d39f.png

Papyrus.0.log

hahahaahah...more nasty critters 9.3 fomod file. has Nude Creatures (3.4.RC6 included; don't dick with any updates outside of mnc) Creature Framework (RC12 included; up to date) JContainers (3.2.5 included; 3.2.6 available)

• the FOMOD allows you to uncheck options for hentai creatures, creatureframework, and JContainers. that's what i did myself, since i'm more happy controlling the latter two in mod organizer just in case there's updates to them both.

and i'm not sure if it's necessary but sexlab aroused should be metatag edited in LOOT to go after creatureframework.

well, hopefully this will allow you to select 'answered' for this thread:

The reason for the "creature framework API reference not found" message could be a missing SexLab Aroused / SexLab Aroused Redux. While the creature framework download section clearly states that SexLab Aroused is not mandatory you won't get the creature framework mcm menu without a SexLab Aroused installation. Had the same problem myself and it can easily be reproduced. Add SexLab Aroused and start a new game - no missing API. Keep SexLab Aroused out of your load order -> missing API and no mcm menu.

~Moopheus

btw, make sure you downloaded the correct sexlab file...it's 68.4MB. "SexLabFramework_v162_FULL.7z"

I had this same problem and fixed  it by loading Creature framework before Selab. I have no Aroused installed. sometimes you have to reset the creature database in CFW and re-register animations in sexlab if junk is not showing.

Ruff!

EDIT: I do still get a random CFW not found or loaded when loading a saved game, but then can re-load the same save right away and no issues...( shrug ) but 99% of the time no issues with CFW loaded before Sexlab.

whatever, dude

the author of nude creatures had the solution formulated a year ago :

As for the CF API error... which version of the mod do you use? fomod or normal one? Also do you run MO or not?

In my case: Tried it with fomod (both from ll and mega (hag thingy)) and normal (from ll) and is using MO. Also tried installing CF (RC12) and jcontainers (3.4) separately (both tried having them overwrite mnc and not including them in the mnc install (only with fomod versions)).

This is with sl 1.6 hotfix 2 and using both a "cleanish" (uninstalled mnc, cf, jcontainers and used save cleaners) save and just upgrading from 8.33 to 9.0. Still haven't tried it on a fresh game (like new game with just sl, mnc and their dependencies). Only permanent way to get rid of the API-thing for me so far has been to use aroused.

I'm using MNC 8.5  normal  and I run MO ( but sometimes use NMM when MO doesn't work ( rarely) .
I haven't tried installing RC12 since i saw the problem still persists even with it
but when i first installed MNC 8.5 without RC  it had that API problem and I thought ihad to install the RC framework as well so i separately installed RC 11 then but still came with the same error :P
I am still using SL 1.59 because I am afraid of big changes :P
I am by no means gonna  try a new game because I don't wanna start another char :(  and I'm pretty sure the game will crash when I start a new game due to integrated mods

That was a clean save/character made specifically for this issue though.

Made a new, clean save/character again. On first game restart and save load I got the API error pop-up.

MNC 9.0 with Hag, and SexLab 1.60 hotfix 2. Made sure everything was functional, registered and re-registered before saving.
Load order:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
CreatureFramework.esm
SexLab.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
SkyUI.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

If I'm stubborn enough, playing russian roulette with the error is an option, as I can reload the same save until CF is functional again.

I cannot reload the save if this happens neither can i make a new save game
i always have to close the game and then reload and MAYBE it might not appear and i can play normally
but it happens often :/ 3/5 times
also if i manage to save the game via console when the API error appears that new save game becomes corrupt when i try to load it
( so i just delete it afterwards and here we go again :/ )
I dunno what to do :/ and to be honest this .. is my main character , everything was goin' well so far while i was on MNC 8.33
The only two problems i have now are the API one and the animal mansion dialogue glitch "Oh my god, look at that... that's incredible" .

I currently have an issue involving Creature Framework. After installing it, running FNIS, modifying my load order to match this one, I get an error message when I load my game stating "Creature API reference missing." (Either that, or something very similar to that), and I believe this prevents the erections from happening on the creatures. Any suggestions on how to fix it? (I'm tried reinstalling Creature Framework several times already.)

I am running out of ideas to solve the problem. Every log related to that problem I have seen so far contains lines with "Unable to link types associated with ..." and "... the object is flagged as invalid" mentioning CF scripts. Judging from these messages it sounds like a linker problem, but since I didn't develop the Papyrus VM and have no access to its source code, I don't know the exact context which causes these lines to be emitted. That I am not able to reproduce the problem on my system does not help either.

I hoped that the problem is caused by leftovers from older versions and can be solved by doing a clean save, but apparently it is also occuring with new games. The last thing which comes to my mind is that user stepanBo said something about a script limit he thinks he has encountered. Maybe his and your problems are somehow related. @MannySauce: Did you enable all your mods when starting a new game? If yes, could you try again with a minimal selection of mods?

When someone else may have some ideas what is causing these problems, please tell me.

Well i had the same problem with the API thing, seemed randomly. I installed aroused redux and the save game started without error message. Maybe it is a requirement now. Have to see how it works on my next load

So.. We got three people able to solve the API issue by Installing aroused so far. Anyone who installed the damn thing with no effect on the "API missing"?

Well i had the same problem with the API thing, seemed randomly. I installed aroused redux and the save game started without error message. Maybe it is a requirement now. Have to see how it works on my next load

well I USED to have SL aroused ( not redux) in my modlist ... but that was a loooooooooooong time ago and it didnt pose a problem till now..
I don't really like it because my save is already kinda script heavy and this mod might pretty much go overweight if I install it as well
btw guys I will link the papyrus log I get the next time because I had forgotten to enable papyrus logging till now XD
so I didnt have one :P
@lordescobar666 ty bro for requoting my post , I thought ppl went past our problems for a bit and got worried it won't be solved and that we're just a minority :/

I do not like having it installed either, but since it seems like it's either MNC 8.33 and no aroused or MNC 9 and aroused atm (for my install at least): it's a matter of preference and what you got saved on your harddrive (i use redux with pc set to perma -2 arousal in a possibly futile attempt to minimize script impact).

Edit: quoting got funky.

i have over 150 mods installed some script heavy like wet and cold ,campfires, bathing in Skyrim, And sexlab and I run sl aroused redux with no problems, I have some script lag but that is due to the age of the cpu of my computer and I get 20 to 50 fps it depends on if there are a lot of npcs or not on if I have 20 fps or 50 fps

I investigated the "API reference" problem further and can now reproce it: I created a new minimal profile with USKP + skyUI + RaceMenu + Alternate Start + SexLab with Creature Pack + MNC, and got the "API reference not found" message every time i start a new game. The strange thing is that installing any mod (Aroused, ZAZ, Falskaar or SexLabUtils where the ones I tested) on top of that minimal profile caused the problem to go away, at least for a while. I need to restart the game a lot to get the error message again (restarting MO seems to increase the change of getting the error again. Can anyone confirm this?). The more scripts I have installed the more seldom it seems to occurs.

My best guess from the evidence so far is that the problem is caused by a rare race-condition when the Papyrus VM builds the type table. CF references the class slautilscr from SexLab Aroused, and when this type is missing, the types defined by CF seem be not correctly created sometimes for some still unknown reason. The higher the number of other types the more seldom the race-condition is triggered.

To solve the problem we need to avoid that race-condition, but how to we do it? There seem to be two possible solutions according to my observations: (1) install a lot of script-heavy mods :D, or (2) install SexLab Aroused (Redux). Actually you only need the script folder of SexLab Aroused. So if you don't want to play with SexLab Aroused, just disable the SexLabAroused.esm and you are good to go.

The author of MNC talked about it a week later:

Aroused is not and never was a requirement. CF currently has a bug where a racing condition with checking the presence of Aroused MAY cause these issues.

Also you dont have to activate Aroused, only install it.

All other things required to run MNC are included except the prerequisites which still are SL 1.57+ (and ITS requirements) and FNIS Creatures.

And the author of the Creature Framework mod nailed said coffin shut:

To settle this for good (hopefully):

As you'll see if you read the "Known issues" section on the Creature Framework page, the problem occurs only when SexLab Aroused is not installed. It doesn't happen for everyone (I haven't been able to reproduce it myself), but it does happen. You can simply install SexLab Aroused/Aroused Redux, but not activate the ESP/ESM for it if you don't want to use it.

Also, I generally encourage everyone to update Creature Framework to the latest version. It's still labelled as a prerelease, but it should be stable.

Archived