0SEX/OSA and SexLab - trajectory?

gooser

I would not say that consensual stuff is covered with AA. AA is written clearly with a male PC in mind, so most of the AA stories don't work well when you play a female char. Especially when lesbian animations are missing. ( at least I don't get any when playing AA with a female char )   AA does not take arousal/speech checks etc into account, if you prefer mods where you can not always get what you want, and a NPC can  say "no". And prostitution mods for OSex are missing too.

However, if Skyrim 64bit is really such a big change it might make sense to wait for it to be out and adapt to this.

Now that you mention it, lesbian sex IS kinda missing from OSex... well, full on scissoring etc. is, at least, the rest can be done with male/female animations too. I guess even the consensual stuff could be expanded on.

How well do OSA/OSex and Sexlabs play together? I asked cause I really like some of the mods for SexLabs but enjoy the more hands on free flow approuch to scenes Osex offers (plus I can end the scene whenever I want, I still havent figured out how to do that with Sexlabs when it drags on to long/glitches out)

The problem is, finding mod authors willing to make the adaptations for "old mods". Which is why an early start for a newer game would be a very good thing for OSA.

A hidden request for OSex for Fallout 4? wink.png

The short answer is yes. OSA can be integrated in every mod out there for SL.

I made a small request in the Being Female thread and got an answer,  exactly this

but OSex lacks orgasm animations to play in to the things you are describing.

is what seems to be missed and what some guy there is waiting for.

that was the exact answer

Yes, the author said this back in February

"About the 0Sex Mod.... this is something the modder needs to do.

He just needs to raise 1 single command when the sex scene is done, or the orgasm even should be called:

MaleActor.SendModEvent("AddSperm","", FemaleActor.GetFormID())

or

FemaleActor.SendModEvent("BeeingFemale", "AddSperm", MaleActor.GetFormID())

I was thinking of adding it myself, but then I saw that ceo took the orgasms out of osex for the moment, so I was gonna wait until they put them back in, whenever that is.

You can think of binding scenes to a hot key and player control like a utility the player can opt to use. Scenes can be planned to play out without player control automatically by the api. A scene can be fully automated, partly automatic then hand it off to the player, or you can restrict certain navigation options, for example if it's not time in the quest for full sex yet, any combination of those 3 work. OSA tracks everything down to every single sex thrust, OSA persona is meant to respond to these things, so it knows everything that's happening but OSex lacks orgasm animations to play in to the things you are describing. On the note of aroused, OSA has a different scope and some of these things are built into OSA, mainly it's persona system.

Do I understand it right, OSex has already it's own arousal system? Where exactly can I find those values? Where do I find them in game and how can I make a check on them, when writing a quest in creation kit. How does it work? Is there a tutorial for this? ( I  only found  tutorials about making animations when I followed your links, did I missed there something?  )

You say a scene can be semiautomatic. so can someone make a scene where you can only control the PC and can only react on what the NPC is doing ( and vice versa ) ?

To be fair, many mods that deal with, basically, the same things could be rolled into one library... basic sex is already there and works quite well in AA, so what's left are, say, two more for non consensual and bestial stuff.

...and, yes, the OSA still needs SKSE, so I don't see it working easily in the Special Edition either.  sad.png

I would not say that consensual stuff is covered with AA. AA is written clearly with a male PC in mind, so most of the AA stories don't work well when you play a female char. Especially when lesbian animations are missing. ( at least I don't get any when playing AA with a female char )   AA does not take arousal/speech checks etc into account, if you prefer mods where you can not always get what you want, and a NPC can  say "no". And prostitution mods for OSex are missing too.

However, if Skyrim 64bit is really such a big change it might make sense to wait for it to be out and adapt to this.

Are you kidding me? I play strictly female characters, and when ANY sexlab scene pops up, AA or not, consensual or not, 9.9/10 times it is strictly lesbian.

It's actually a little annoying at times because I have HDT physics enabled, but I want the scenes sometimes so I don't disable them entirely. My character has done so much trib that I'm suprised she hasn't rubbed her vagina into gooey paste.

Are you kidding me? I play strictly female characters, and when ANY sexlab scene pops up, AA or not, consensual or not, 9.9/10 times it is strictly lesbian.

It's actually a little annoying at times because I have HDT physics enabled, but I want the scenes sometimes so I don't disable them entirely. My character has done so much trib that I'm suprised she hasn't rubbed her vagina into gooey paste.

In Sexlab there are lesbian animations, but we talked about the 0Sex version of AA - and my female char was there acting as a male char.

In Sexlab there are lesbian animations, but we talked about the 0Sex version of AA - and my female char was there acting as a male char.

That's because OSex does not have lesbian animations. That's not a fault of AA, it's a limitation of the sex framework.

Apologies regardless. I thought you were referencing the SL version of AA and saying it doesn't give you any lesbian sex animations. I still have to disagree in saying that AA is written with a male character in mind. Every bit of dialogue is gender-neutral. The only real argument you could make toward that would be mentioning the clear lack of male NPC love interests, which Fox has clearly stated he's not interested in doing whatsoever.

Would be more accurate to say that AA is written with straight men/lesbian women in mind.

I wouldn't know why they'd discriminate against SexLab but not OSex. I mean, OSA is clearly Nexus fit. But I actually wondered as well how I was able to get OSex on Nexus, but there are plenty adult mods on there, just not SexLab, for.. whatever reason. I'd really love to know.

Put simply, Sexlab supports rape (and creatures, although I'm not sure there is an actual rule against that). I may be working on outdated information here, since I haven't followed the LL-Nexus drama since Sexout, back when even mentioning Sexout mods on the nexus was a bannable offense, but the stated reason then atleast was that the nexus has a ban on rape. It can be implied, it can be in the story, but you can't let the PC participate in it. Animated prostitution has been on there for years, and the pre-sexout Tryout mod for New Vegas is still there I think.

On the subject of this thread though...

I REALLY like Osex. To me it is clearly the superiorly animated system, but it doesn't fit into my game. Part of this is simply that it is new. It needs plugins, just like Sexlab by itself is pretty useless it needs plugins for arousal and orgasm, gameplay effects, prostitution, defeat and rape etc. Maybe a more streamlined interface as well where you can define a sexscene before starting and then just activate and see it play out. Custom scenes would play very well for things like rape and prostitution mods as well.

As it is now... well, it's pretty to look at, but it's not integrated enough into the game. Which is why I don't use it. If I could get pre-defined scenes and a few plugins I'd migrate withouth a doubt.

Personally I'm not concerned about creature and BDSM or other fetish content, I run a pretty vanilla Sexlab-selection, but I guess that might be in it's future too.

So, question; Can you like have both OSA and Sexlab running at the same time? I got curious about OSA and decided to install it over manager, and BOOM. Asked me to replace stuff over sexlab, hit it no and I went full-in panic mod and uninstalled the mod.

Assuming they cannot run at the same time, here's another question; Can you safely remove Sexlab from a pre-existing save-file, or it makes your safevile go full cancer? 

Thanks.

So, question; Can you like have both OSA and Sexlab running at the same time? I got curious about OSA and decided to install it over manager, and BOOM. Asked me to replace stuff over sexlab, hit it no and I went full-in panic mod and uninstalled the mod.

Assuming they cannot run at the same time, here's another question; Can you safely remove Sexlab from a pre-existing save-file, or it makes your safevile go full cancer? 

Thanks.

Lots of people are running both together. The only caveat is that you don't want to start sex with any actor that is already active in sex through a different system. It's not usually fatal but the actor does strange things until both let go of the actor again.

For me the issues I have had besides the futa not always working has been a lack for me seeing A response I find interesting.

For example my protagonist is involved with a female and other than the immediate action there isn't much besides the canned moaning.I would like more.I would like the female to act like the ones we see in the animated gifs.All the trembling, shaking, gyrations, etc.That is missing and I would like to see it.

I like OSA/0sex a lot but I dont use it because mods like beeing female and spouses enhanced dont work with it.

If more mods start supporting OSA/0Sex I will switch from sexlab.

Yep, me too. That's exactly the thing with 0SEX. To me it's animations are hands down better than SL, but it lacks the same amount of content and maybe flexibility.

And it has a huge potential.

And from a gay POV, SL has much more. Now, given time I'm sure gay animators will deal with this. But for now, I'll stick with SL.

But I do like the fluidness of OSex. It just seems more natural. But it's doesn't feel part of the game. It's almost like I'm playing a mini-game.

• 11 months later...

Well, I think it's been said already, but they serve different purposes.

Right now I am using both. OSex is pretty much what I use whenever I want to enjoy a visually appealing sex scene with an actor of my choosing. SexLab and a few additional mods are pretty well integrated into my actual skyrim experience, because I kind of roleplay my characters through video recordings (and no, only my close friends who enjoy watching me roleplay in first person view get to see that). So until OSex can be triggered through in game events, I don't see myself not using SexLab anymore.

However, to think about the future. I do believe that OSex could very well be the end of SexLab, for me at least. Because once modders start picking it up (I haven't tried the amorous adventures mod yet, but I have the sexlab version) and integrate it with their mods. More modules like rape, femdom, device bondage, just more variety, get added. That's probably when I won't see a point in using SexLab and all it's friends anymore.

Until a mod like SexLab Defeat comes out with OSex integration though, SexLab Defeat stays one of my most important mods for me to enjoy my game. 

-----------

@CEO

I am interested though, how possible is it that OSex could be used for mods that focus on sexual immersion, because so far, unless you're a married couple, the immersion isn't really there. What would need to be added would be different start positions depending on the situation. But let's say someone did want to make a immersive rape mod with OSex integration, that would be possible? Or is OSex pretty much bound to be quite seperated from the game? (by that I mean not being able to really be integrated with quests, crime systems, stealth, sex journals, etc)

hello currently i am using a laptop and i don't have a numpad how can i use OSA and OSEX? and can't we merge OSA with SL? i understand both systems use different things but is there anyway at all to be able to enjoy both of them? or do we have to keep installing one and uninstalling the other? 

most of my mods are based on SL because it has many more mods and i only have a single mod for OSA which is simply OSEX

so for SL 

i have: ASX, AP, scent of sex, lovers comfort, arousal, submit, attraction, romance. 

and for OSA 

OSEX and that's it 

is there a way to merge all SL mods together into one big overhaul? 

indeed having OSEX is neat, but i don't have a numpad on my laptop keyboard, still the animation is quite smooth! 

what advice would you give me? i'm utterly confused about what to do! 

Archived