Windows 10 Anniversary Update...

Slammer64

To all my friends using Windows 10, be very, very careful with the new Anniversary Update out today. I'm a SysAdmin with 10+ years of experience and while I was able to install it fine, it gave me a BSOD on next reboot with no explanation as to why. So, out the door it went till M$ fixes it. You HAVE been warned!

Looks like Amazon no longer ships Windows 7 internationally, so I'll have to either search for a crack or something for my next build... or I'll have to switch to Linux and stop playing games on Windows... I have no intention to pay a hundred bucks for a piece of shit botnet...

Looks like Amazon no longer ships Windows 7 internationally, so I'll have to either search for a crack or something for my next build... or I'll have to switch to Linux and stop playing games on Windows... I have no intention to pay a hundred bucks for a piece of shit botnet...

ebay?

^ You monster! *points up*

Amazon.de still has various versions of Windows 7. :o Dunno where they ship though and it'd probably be a German copy, but should be no problem to change the language to English and to whatever else later on via Windows update.

As for the aniversary update: I've been using my Windows 10 today, it didn't ask me to update yet. I was hoping it didn't. So I rebooted and loaded Windows 7 on my second HDD again after I was done. I'll probably leave WIn10 untouched until it is save to update. I'm afraid that my parents' computers automatically update though and I'll be called to emergency to fix it again. ó_ò°

and everyone this is why im staying with windows 7 :) why fix something that doesn't need fixing :)

Until MS issues an EOL on W7 and it wasn't flawless either just like every other OS, just less buggy probably. Two service packs albeit they didn't call the second one a service pack.

I don't trust Win 10, what if in the future they decide to have a monthly subscription? You don't get rich by giving things away.

Anyway, when 2020 rolls around I'll just switch to linux full time.

Pretty sure Microfuck has been giving Windows 10 away cause they stand to make more money off people's personal information then they would just selling the OS.

Did the update a couple of hours ago.

It went just fine. No problems reported.

I am using Win10 Pro.

And, just as small notice. Don't blame a Company. They do not steal. Of course they make money, but right now money is no more generated by an OS but by the collateral services.

Stealing your info? Commercially useless.

Upgraded 3 of my 5 machines to Win10 and only 1 went without some kind of constant or random BSOD even with all the prep works.  Took me forever to figure out what the problem was as Win10 has all kind of problems so it's hard to filter out what exactly went wrong with my machines over googlefu.  It turned out that I needed to update the firmware for HDD and SDD.  Win10 screws around with power state to save electricity but unable to wake them up without new firmware.  HDD or SDD shipped before 2012 pre-Win8 likely to have this problem.  Last time I had to worry about HDD firmware was in the early 90s.

dad wants to update my laptop to windows 10 BUT my concern is with my programs :( everything i install was windows 7 what will happen to em wont it all get deleted :(

Nothing gets deleted, after all it's just an upgrade. Everything still works fine. (except the stuff that just doesn't work on Win10 at all, but that are exceptions. It's not like every second program would stop working. I didn't have any problem with programs not running anymore after upgrading except for XPS, which still isn't working at all, while it did on WIn7. (And does on my newly installed Win7 again. :D

And after upgrading you still have 30 days to go back to your previously installed WIndows without loosing anything except the stuff you installed after the upgrade. But yeah, time's up for a free upgrade, and staying with Win7 isn't all too bad at all. :P

Archived