Okay, I need help now. I've gotten to a point where I'm confused as to how I'm doing this wrong. I'm defining the property the same as Rats in the Wall and as suggested in the original post, as well as applying the amputator function the same as rats in the wall and as suggested. Here's my script, which is attached to a referencealias for the player in order for the OnHit event to register properly. I know everything but my function calls are running properly due to the debug messages appearing as intended.

Scriptname combatamputate extends ReferenceAlias

{comments are in curly-que brackets}

Event OnHit(ObjectReference akAggressor, Form akSource, Projectile akProjectile, bool abPowerAttack, \

bool abSneakAttack, bool abBashAttack, bool abHitBlocked)

int AmpChance = Utility.RandomInt()

If(akSource as Weapon)

If abPowerAttack == 1

If abHitBlocked == 1

Else

debug.notification("You've been hit! AmpChance =" + AmpChance as Int)

If AmpChance >= 50

CombatAmputate()

Else

EndIf

EndIf

EndIf

EndIf

EndEvent

Function CombatAmputate()

int LimbSelect = Utility.RandomInt(1, 6)

int SideSelect = Utility.RandomInt(1, 2)

If SideSelect == 1

If LimbSelect == 1

debug.notification("Your left foot has been cut off!")

AMS.ApplyAmputator(playerref, 3, 2)

ElseIf LimbSelect == 2

debug.notification("Your lower left leg has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 3

debug.notification("Your left leg has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 4

debug.notification("Your left hand has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 5

debug.notification("Your lower left arm has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 6

debug.notification("Your left arm has been cut off!")

EndIf

ElseIf SideSelect == 2

If LimbSelect == 1

debug.notification("Your right foot has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 2

debug.notification("Your lower right leg has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 3

debug.notification("Your right leg has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 4

debug.notification("Your right hand has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 5

debug.notification("Your lower right arm has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 6

debug.notification("Your right arm has been cut off!")

EndIf

EndIf

EndFunction

AmputatorMainScript Property AMS Auto

Actor property playerref auto

I don't understand where I'm going wrong.

Did you fill the AMS property and/or the playerref property in the CK ? 

Okay, I need help now. I've gotten to a point where I'm confused as to how I'm doing this wrong. I'm defining the property the same as Rats in the Wall and as suggested in the original post, as well as applying the amputator function the same as rats in the wall and as suggested. Here's my script, which is attached to a referencealias for the player in order for the OnHit event to register properly. I know everything but my function calls are running properly due to the debug messages appearing as intended.

Scriptname combatamputate extends ReferenceAlias

{comments are in curly-que brackets}

Event OnHit(ObjectReference akAggressor, Form akSource, Projectile akProjectile, bool abPowerAttack, \

bool abSneakAttack, bool abBashAttack, bool abHitBlocked)

int AmpChance = Utility.RandomInt()

If(akSource as Weapon)

If abPowerAttack == 1

If abHitBlocked == 1

Else

debug.notification("You've been hit! AmpChance =" + AmpChance as Int)

If AmpChance >= 50

CombatAmputate()

Else

EndIf

EndIf

EndIf

EndIf

EndEvent

Function CombatAmputate()

int LimbSelect = Utility.RandomInt(1, 6)

int SideSelect = Utility.RandomInt(1, 2)

If SideSelect == 1

If LimbSelect == 1

debug.notification("Your left foot has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 2

debug.notification("Your lower left leg has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 3

debug.notification("Your left leg has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 4

debug.notification("Your left hand has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 5

debug.notification("Your lower left arm has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 6

debug.notification("Your left arm has been cut off!")

EndIf

ElseIf SideSelect == 2

If LimbSelect == 1

debug.notification("Your right foot has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 2

debug.notification("Your lower right leg has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 3

debug.notification("Your right leg has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 4

debug.notification("Your right hand has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 5

debug.notification("Your lower right arm has been cut off!")

ElseIf LimbSelect == 6

debug.notification("Your right arm has been cut off!")

EndIf

EndIf

EndFunction

AmputatorMainScript Property AMS Auto

Actor property playerref auto

I don't understand where I'm going wrong.

Did you fill the AMS property and/or the playerref property in the CK ? 

I filled the playerref, it won't autofill your property.

Here's the .7z. It's dependent on zaz and your framework. realistically it doesn't need zaz but it's your dependency so no harm done.

EDIT: duplicated your quest with an alias for the player and attached my script to that alias, removing all the scripts from the framework. It still doesn't function. next I might just add it to your script on the playeralias and see if it fires properly then.

CombatAmputationV05.7z

• 2 weeks later...

Please forgive the ignorance of a noob here but does anyone know why Mod Organizer won't recognize this mod archive?

I've downloaded and installed quite a few mods from this site and most of them work but this one (and a few select others) wont show up in my "Install mod from an archive" list even though I see (through File Manager) that it is in the folder.

When you use File Manager to view the file what extension does the file have? (Should be .rar (you may have to turn on file extensions to see this))

When you use Mod Organiser to try to find the file does the search for file of extenstion type, the line on the very bottom right of the search window, just above the Open Cancel  buttons, contain .rar as well as other file types? Should be something like

Mod Archive (*.001 *.7z *.fomod *.rar *.zip)

what is that joke?

Amputator solitairetheme... I can't find it in my download folder, because it's a theme for a game of cards... 1st april is on april, not in january :D  :D  :D

This is a Loverslab related bug, I don't know why this happens... just try to redownload the files.

Please forgive the ignorance of a noob here but does anyone know why Mod Organizer won't recognize this mod archive?

I've downloaded and installed quite a few mods from this site and most of them work but this one (and a few select others) wont show up in my "Install mod from an archive" list even though I see (through File Manager) that it is in the folder.

Try to open the archive, export the files, repack the archive... maybe that helps.

I'm looking for the helmet thing in this image. I can find the prosthetic with AddItemmenu but not the helmet.

You have to download my resource mod, the mask is not in this mod.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Hæretic, could I make a request?

I wonder if you could add a modevent, so that I can lop off limbs without making this a strict dependency. It's for a potential future CCAS scenario, but I can see it being useful in several different mods, for people who want to add amputation as an optional extra.

EDIT: And could the modevent have a yes/no option for adding and equipping the prosthetics?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There may be some sort of clash with FNIS sexy moves, Many of the NPC females begin to do the Bunny hop when I install this mod.

I have no Idea why, but uninstalling it makes that stop happening.  I am running FNIS 6.3 & sexy moves 6.1

EDIT >>> Another Question, did you mess with the Jcontainer ?

Reason I ask My Jcontainer was corrupted after installing this, I had to re install Jcontainers to fix the issue otherwise my game crashed during any save load.

Thing is I was also installing Slaverun Reloaded version 2.0b to test and you mod was one of the optional install's. I installed both at same time, so not sure which one might have corrupted my Jcontainrs.

I am just asking, not complaining. Have always loved what you do very much.

There may be some sort of clash with FNIS sexy moves, Many of the NPC females begin to do the Bunny hop when I install this mod.

I have no Idea why, but uninstalling it makes that stop happening.  I am running FNIS 6.3 & sexy moves 6.1

EDIT >>> Another Question, did you mess with the Jcontainer ?

Reason I ask My Jcontainer was corrupted after installing this, I had to re install Jcontainers to fix the issue otherwise my game crashed during any save load.

Thing is I was also installing Slaverun Reloaded version 2.0b to test and you mod was one of the optional install's. I installed both at same time, so not sure which one might have corrupted my Jcontainrs.

I am just asking, not complaining. Have always loved what you do very much.

The JContainer/Savegame corruption sounds not very good I am sorry if amputator is the cause, although I doubt it. I haven't used JContainers in any way, the mod basically consists of a few scripts and a quest entry. Did the corruption happen after amputator was used or after it was installed?

Edit: Have you tried just installing amputator? Maybe there is some kind of problem with Slaverun+Amputator?

About clashing with FNIS Sexy Move, that very well might be the case. Amputator applies alternative animations which is exactly the same thing sexy move does. Why npcs start bunny hopping, on the other hand, I have no clue, isn't that an animation from DDe?

I am not saying it is the cause, all I know is with your mod installed many of my NPC begin to do the Bunny Hop, and my save got corrupted or rather my JContainer installation, and I think My XPMSE skeleton was corrupted. I re installed Naturalistic HDT jiggle because he makes very minor changes to the skeleton, and so I had to install it over XPMSE.

I have for now solved my Problem.. By re installing Jcontainers, and my XPMSE skeleton, and my Naturalistic HDT jiggle. pretty much in that order, and removing amputee Mod. all is good with Slave-Run now.

I wonder if maybe you're using a newer Jcontainers, I have had good luck with JaContainers-3.2, and have not updated because of that.

But I may try JaContainers-3-3-0-RC-3, and see if that helps

Anyway Slave-Run is working fine now that I have removed Amputee, and re installed Jcontainers, XPMSE, and Naturalistic HDT jiggle

Please I love your stuff, I am just trying to understand why or what might be the Problem

I am not saying it is the cause, all I know is with your mod installed many of my NPC begin to do the Bunny Hop, and my save got corrupted or rather my JContainer installation, and I think My XPMSE skeleton was corrupted. I re installed Naturalistic HDT jiggle because he makes very minor changes to the skeleton, and so I had to install it over XPMSE.

Okay, so the bunny hopping issue might be caused by amputator if the hopping npcs are affected by it, had they lost any limbs? 

XPMSE skeleton corruption is absolutely impossible because this mod doesn't replace it and there is no other way to fuck it up.

JContainer is also veeery unlikeley that it is caused just by this mod because there is absolutely no use of JContainers.

I have for now solved my Problem.. By re installing Jcontainers, and my XPMSE skeleton, and my Naturalistic HDT jiggle. pretty much in that order, and removing amputee Mod. all is good with Slave-Run now.

If Slaverun alone isn't causing it I suspect maybe its Slaverun+Amputator, so please if you have the time make a small test with only amputator installed without Slaverun, just to be sure.

I wonder if maybe you're using a newer Jcontainers, I have had good luck with JaContainers-3.2, and have not updated because of that.

But I may try JaContainers-3-3-0-RC-3, and see if that helps

Anyway Slave-Run is working fine now that I have removed Amputee, and re installed Jcontainers, XPMSE, and Naturalistic HDT jiggle

Please I love your stuff, I am just trying to understand why or what might be the Problem

Don't worry I am not pissed just because you suspect this mod to cause a problem  ;) 

I just think it's a bit unlikely because I know that it doesn't touch JContainers, the skeleton or any HDT files.

I absolutely agree it makes no sense, I am only reporting what my problem was, and what happened, and how i fixed it.

I really don't feel or see any way that your mod could mess things up like that. The animation yes, I can see that

But the bunny hopping is a problem I have seen happen with some combinations of FNIS sexy moves, and DDI. it was removed for sure when your mod was uninstalled.

Normally it happens to me or my character, but this time it was the NPC that I saw the bunny hopping on.

I am looking at it, and I will try to install you mod on a clean save. I was actually lucky to stumble onto the Jcontainer corruption, it was just a guess ( with Papyrus Log :blush:  ), but that did fix the problem, and I mostly re- installed XPMSE, and Naturalistic HDT, as as precaution. because I was shutting down before being able to even load a save game.  I could not ever COC to riverwood it would crash at riverwood. Papyrus log always stopping at "[CF][Framework] JContainers 3.2 is installed".

After re installing, and removing your mod from the load order, everything pretty much went back to normal. >> The NPC bunny hopping for sure stopped with the uninstalling of your mod.

I now have JContainers 3.3 is installed, and am testing it. So far so good.

NOTE >>> I want to point out that the corruption to the JContainers did no happen until I removed your mod, and Slaverun, and tried to return to a save before I installed any of it.  This was when the "I can not load my game event" occurred.

Edit >> And that is when I discovered the Jcontainers problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm reworking skeever in the wall, but this time, amputator will be optionnal.

So, I try to do this :

Function CheckAmpute()
    If Quest.GetQuest("AmputatorMainScript")
    int roll = Utility.RandomInt(1, 2)
        If roll == 1
            Quest.GetQuest("AmputatorMainScript").ApplyAmputator(playerref, 1, 0)
        ElseIf roll == 2
            Quest.GetQuest("AmputatorMainScript").ApplyAmputator(playerref, 4, 0)
        EndIf
    Else
        playerref.DamageActorValue("Health", 80.0)
    EndIf
EndFunction

Of course, it's not working... how I could make it functionnal whitout adding amputator framework as a dependencie ?

Hi

I'm reworking skeever in the wall, but this time, amputator will be optionnal.

So, I try to do this :

Function CheckAmpute()

If Quest.GetQuest("AmputatorMainScript")

int roll = Utility.RandomInt(1, 2)

If roll == 1

Quest.GetQuest("AmputatorMainScript").ApplyAmputator(playerref, 1, 0)

ElseIf roll == 2

Quest.GetQuest("AmputatorMainScript").ApplyAmputator(playerref, 4, 0)

EndIf

Else

playerref.DamageActorValue("Health", 80.0)

EndIf

EndFunction

Of course, it's not working... how I could make it functionnal whitout adding amputator framework as a dependencie ?

I have done it in slaverun this way (SLV_Amputee.psc)

Function SLV_AmputeeActor(Actor NPCActor, int bodypard)

if MCMMenu.skipAmputee

return

endif

if Game.GetModByName("Amputator.esm") == 255

return

endif

AmputatorMainScript  AMS = Quest.GetQuest("AmputatorMain") as AmputatorMainScript

AMS.ApplyAmputator(NPCActor,bodypard,0)

Utility.wait(2.0)

EndFunction

and it seem to work quite well, without a hard dependence,

of course for compiling the script in CK the amputator mod must be installed

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there. 

Does this mod actually introduce some craftable or buyable prosthetics into the game? Or is one doomed to crawl around after losing a limb?

Hi there. 

Does this mod actually introduce some craftable or buyable prosthetics into the game? Or is one doomed to crawl around after losing a limb?

I believe the mod novels adds a amputation questline as well as adds prosthetics. You can also lose a limb from stepping on a bear trap.

@Hæretic

I noticed the mod Combat Fatigue doesn't work with this mod because when you're forced into crawling animations from this mod as soon as you're injured it overwrites your mods animations for a brief period the problem is it never reverts back.

I was wondering is there some sort of keyword I could use to make combat fatigue to not trigger when this mod is running? For instance I also have it disabled for armbinders

ActorRef.WornHasKeyword(keyword.GetKeyword("zad_DeviousArmbinder"))

any help would be appreciated!!

lol we need a mod that adds getting chopped up to regular combat, and requires a high-level restoration spell or a temple healer to regenerate the body part, and maybe vampires can regenerate over time.

Maybe like an add-on to wildcat that adds a % chance on wound to actually lose the limb and receive a health and stamina DOT.

It'll be like the 90s arcade game bloodstorm, except with fucking.

....omfg imagine it used along with Death Alternative or SD+.