View File

Amputator Framework

This is a framework mod that tries to cover everything related to the removement of bodyparts. It can be used without other mods but is designed so other mods can use it easily.
I used Node scaling to remove the bodyparts by scaling them to zero, this has several advantages.
It is compatible with all bodytypes and clothes, it's easy to manage , and it can be easily done for all scaleable bodyparts on both sides seperatly.
The downside is, the end where the node is scaled to zero looks a bit weird on some bodyparts. This can be covered up with slavetats, the included prosthetics or normal clothes.

Currently it is in beta state and some features are missing or are getting improved, so please feel free to share problems you encountered or make suggestions.

How does it work

For Users

Press the Editor Key (Default F1) while facing the actor you want to edit. Alternatively press the Editor Key while facing no actor to edit the player.
Choose which bodyparts you want to remove and which side.
To use the included Items add them via console or use this mod: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/64905/?

For Modders

Add the Amputator script as a property to you script like this:
AmputatorMainScript Property AMS Auto

Call this Function to edit an actor:
AMS.ApplyAmputator(Actor akActor, int morphType ,int bothLeftRight)

morphType determines which bodypart to remove, the codes are:
0 = Heal all Amputations
1 = Feet
2 = Lower Legs
3 = Upper Legs
4 = Hands
5 = Forearms
6 = UpperArms

bothLeftRight determines which side to remove
0 = Both sides
1 = Left
2 = Right

Currently Included

Options are included to slow the actors down, use new animations , disable player controls and adjust jumping height.
You can use the editor menu to remove actors and see which actors are affected.

3 alternate animation sets for 3 different circumstances are included.
When the actor has no lower legs it moves on all fours using the existing animationset from DarkAngel1265
When the actor has no lower legs and forearms it uses a new animation set done by Zaz. (not completely finished)
When the actor has no limbs it currently uses the first animationset as a placeholder. I am hoping to get a new movement animation set for this circumstance too but this might take some time.

There are also a couple of prosthetics included most of them use textures from the Zaz Animation Pack and come in 2 variants (MetalRedRust & MetalBlackRust)
I am planning to add more over time.

Requirements

Zaz AnimationPack and all its requirements.

Racemenu or NIOverride

(IMPORTANT !!!)
To use all of the included alternate animations you have to use the new fnis v6.3 xxl version. Fore included the npc_turn animations in this version, if you use another version the npc will stand up while turning. The mod will work without it but it is recommended to use it.

Credits

Zaz for making the new animation set and beeing so helpfull.
Fore for making the new fnis version.
DarkAngel1265 for the crawling on all fours animationset, and Cocein for making a version with fixed camera height.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/30/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    Zaz Animation Pack , Racemenu or NIOverride
  • Special Edition Compatible

Edited by CPU

I knew this would eventually happened, as soon as i saw that dwemer bikini i was like "soon"

Gj man, pretty interesting mod

Actually I started this mod some weeks before the dwemer bikini came out so this is just a coincidence ^^

I just scaled the bones to zero, the dwemer bikini is a whole new body. I think the method used for the dwemer body has its advantages, like you can make the cuts pretty much anywhere when you make a new body and you can make it look a bit better.

But I would need to make a new body for every missing bodypart combination. So for the features currently covered by this mod something around 100 bodys ^^

now we just need animations for everything :D seriously though, good job. Gives the term ankle bitter a whole new meaning

At the moment only a crawling animation set is missing for when all limbs are missing or both upper legs are gone.

The new animationset for no lower legs and forearms from Zaz is pretty much done. There are only some minor improvements currently worked on and the turn animations are missing.

Will this be a dependency for Slaves of Tamriel before long?

I have not worked on SoT for little while because of this mod and other stuff I am working on. But now that it is released I want to shift my focus back to Sot a bit more so the next update does not take too long.

For that reason the next update will probably not yet use this mod so no dependency then.

After that I want to add this mod as a (possibly soft) dependency yes. But you will have an option in SoT to disable this content if you dont want to play it.

I am not quite sure if you want amputator features in SoT or are against it?

But either way I hope this answers your question.

THIS IS AMAZING. I might not be original but if someone can add the bionic arm from metal gear solid phantom pain, THIS WOULD DRIVE ME INSANE. (i player two characters, bigboss, and female version of him. but i always wanted venom snake.

Well I will maybe try to make a prosthetic arm sometime but nothing bionic for sure, I try to stay lore friendly...

But you can try to extract it from the game files of metal gear and get it into blender with working uv's etc. From that point I would take on the work and try to bring it into the game for you.

Wow you did it absolutely amazing! I saw there was a heal all amputations is there a command to just heal maybe body part?

Thanks , I am glad you like it  :lol:.

You mean an option to heal just one bodypart so you dont have to reapply all other amputations?

If so, no it is not in there yet, but I can write this on the list of things to add.

I was thinking about an option like that but for testing it wasn't realy necessary and I wanted to finaly release this thing ^^ 

THIS IS AMAZING. I might not be original but if someone can add the bionic arm from metal gear solid phantom pain, THIS WOULD DRIVE ME INSANE. (i player two characters, bigboss, and female version of him. but i always wanted venom snake.

Well I will maybe try to make a prosthetic arm sometime but nothing bionic for sure, I try to stay lore friendly...

But you can try to extract it from the game files of metal gear and get it into blender with working uv's etc. From that point I would take on the work and try to bring it into the game for you.

Wow you did it absolutely amazing! I saw there was a heal all amputations is there a command to just heal maybe body part?

You mean an option to heal just one bodypart so you dont have to reapply all other amputations?

If so, no it is not in there yet, but I can write this on the list of things to add.

I was thinking about an option like that but for testing it wasn't realy necessary and I wanted to finaly release this thing ^^ 

Amazing all the same can't wait for that to be implemented :D

It seems that the  left shoulder assets does not works

Try to take of everything else except the prosthetics. Every left arm prosthetic uses slot 58, I believe some clothes cover that slot.

You can try to change the slot of the armor you are wearing with tesv edit.

If this is a big problem maybe I change the slots of the Prosthetics but judging from the official slot management these are the right ones to use.

Thank you for the offer but unfortunately I'm a bit new so I do not know how to do a lot of things when it comes to modding :P , and i do not own a copy of Metal gear on my PC, but hey Im not going to be too concerned about that  :blush: . Anyway this mod is really amazing, i dont know what got me so attached to this mod, maybe its because i like to give imperial/stromcloak soldiers wounds after a long battle, or perhaps give some bandit chiefs a missing arm to brag about? i dont know :D . Even if you decide to change your mind and not add a lore friendly prosthetic limb i still think this mod is pretty awesome.

Ill repeat myself, I have minimal experience with modding, so i cannot even comprehend how hard and time consuming it must be to create complex mods such as yours but i just thought i should give you some brain food:

+ Perhaps later down the line IF you want, you could have it so npc's such as bandits, forsworn, injured imperial/stormcloak soliders (the ones in the tents), etc would randomly have missing limbs where appropriate (having a bandit chief crawl with no legs makes him/her hard to be feared  :lol:) just to show how harsh skyrim could be to a person.

+ This I believe is near impossible to do without it being consumed with bugs (but then again what do i know about modding, im just a fan :s). since i dont think the Skyrim engine works like the Fallout engine but maybe if possible, do you think it could be possible to implement some method so that during combat the npc could lose a limb when he/she dies? Im not really trying to suggest that you should do it, but i genuinly wonder if it possible because it makes me question in the first place why didn't Bethesda have this sort of feature in the elder scrolls game like they do on their fallout franchise.

I know i wrote quite a lot and i dont blame you if you could be bothered to read through it all, but regardless, im really looking forward to what happens with this mod. 

Im a bit new so I do not know how to do a lot of things when it comes to modding :P , and unfortunately i do not own a copy of Metal gear on my PC, but hey Im not going to be too concerned about that  :blush: . Anyway this mod is really amazing, i dont know what got me so attached to this mod, maybe its because i like to give imperial/stromcloak soldiers wounds after a long battle, or perhaps give some bandit chiefs a missing arm to brag about? i dont know :D . Even if you decide to change your mind and not add a lore friendly prosthetic limb i still think this mod is pretty awesome.

Ill repeat myself, I have minimal experience with modding, so i cannot even comprehend how hard and time consuming it must be to create complex mods such as yours but i just thought i should give you some brain food:

+ Perhaps later down the line IF you want, you could have it so npc's such as bandits, forsworn, injured imperial/stormcloak soliders (the ones in the tents), etc would randomly have missing limbs where appropriate (having a bandit chief crawl with no legs makes him/her hard to be feared  :lol:) just to show how harsh skyrim could be to a person.

+ This I believe is near impossible to do without it being consumed with bugs (but then again what do i know about modding, im just a fan :s). since i dont think the Skyrim engine works like the Fallout engine but maybe if possible, do you think it could be possible to implement some method so that during combat the npc could lose a limb when he/she dies? Im not really trying to suggest that you should do it, but i genuinly wonder if it possible because it makes me question in the first place why didn't Bethesda have this sort of feature in the elder scrolls game like they do on their fallout franchise.

I know i wrote quite a lot and i dont blame you if you could be bothered to read through it all, but regardless, im really looking forward to what happens with this mod. 

Those are great ideas but the goal of this mod is just to be a framework for people who want to do the type of things you're suggesting ^^

Im a bit new so I do not know how to do a lot of things when it comes to modding :P , and unfortunately i do not own a copy of Metal gear on my PC, but hey Im not going to be too concerned about that  :blush: . Anyway this mod is really amazing, i dont know what got me so attached to this mod, maybe its because i like to give imperial/stromcloak soldiers wounds after a long battle, or perhaps give some bandit chiefs a missing arm to brag about? i dont know :D . Even if you decide to change your mind and not add a lore friendly prosthetic limb i still think this mod is pretty awesome.

Those are great ideas but the goal of this mod is just to be a framework for people who want to do the type of things you're suggesting ^^

Oh my bad, I feel really stupid right now. I just let my imagination get ahead of me. Still though cant wait too see what happens with this sort of mod.

It seems that the  left shoulder assets does not works

Try to take of everything else except the prosthetics. Every left arm prosthetic uses slot 58, I believe some clothes cover that slot.

You can try to change the slot of the armor you are wearing with tesv edit.

If this is a big problem maybe I change the slots of the Prosthetics but judging from the official slot management these are the right ones to use.

When i was nude,it works! Thanks for help,but when i wear any armor,the left shoulder assets disappear again. = =!

Oh my bad, I feel really stupid right now. I just let my imagination get ahead of me. Still though cant wait too see what happens with this sort of mod.

It's alright it's good to discuss the possibilities :D

so does new fnis have 360* movement animations support, or still only forward/idle?

fnis has full 360 movement support for quite some time, I think almost since alternate animations started.

For some reasons it does not get used very often, I can only think of 3 other mods that use alternate animations.

The animations that are now included in the _mtturn group are the npc_turn and npc_turntowalk animations.

I am not 100% sure but I believe they only get used by npc's when they turn to a direction, the player has its own turn animations which already where supported before.

Thank you for the offer but unfortunately I'm a bit new so I do not know how to do a lot of things when it comes to modding :P , and i do not own a copy of Metal gear on my PC, but hey Im not going to be too concerned about that  :blush: . Anyway this mod is really amazing, i dont know what got me so attached to this mod, maybe its because i like to give imperial/stromcloak soldiers wounds after a long battle, or perhaps give some bandit chiefs a missing arm to brag about? i dont know :D . Even if you decide to change your mind and not add a lore friendly prosthetic limb i still think this mod is pretty awesome.

Suggestions are welcome don't worry  ;)

About not lore friendly prosthetics, I would implement them if given a ready to use blender file, but I will not make one myself so it is up to the people who want something like this.

About your other suggestions, aareyn is right about that features like this would not be implemented into this mod, but it is possible to make a mod like this using amputator as a master. Maybe I will even try to make this on my own someday if nobody else is doing it ^^

At the moment the maximum number of supported actors is 128 but this is only an artificial limit that could be expanded.

This limit exists only because I stored every affected actor in an array, so users can easily manipulate them or delete this mod without papyrus errors.

But I dont know if it is even good to have that many actors affected at the same time. This is why I released this as a beta first so things like this can be tested.

When i was nude,it works! Thanks for help,but when i wear any armor,the left shoulder assets disappear again. = =!

Yeah like I said armor seems to cover that bodyslot for some reason. 

If someone has better suggestions how the bodyslots should be used please say so.

I used the slots like it is suggested so for the shoulders and elbows I use:

• 58 - arm secondary or undergarment or left arm
  • 59 - arm primary or outergarment or right arm

And for Pelvis and Knees I use:

• 53 - leg primary or outergarment or right leg
  • 54 - leg secondary or undergarment or leftt leg

so does new fnis have 360* movement animations support, or still only forward/idle?

fnis has full 360 movement support for quite some time, I think almost since alternate animations started.

For some reasons it does not get used very often, I can only think of 3 other mods that use alternate animations.

The animations that are now included in the _mtturn group are the npc_turn and npc_turntowalk animations.

I am not 100% sure but I believe they only get used by npc's when they turn to a direction, the player has its own turn animations which already where supported before.

eh sorry, i mean animation override, the last time i looked few weeks ago at 6.2 fnis/ sexy moves scripts it was only for forward/idle

eh sorry, i mean animation override, the last time i looked few weeks ago at 6.2 fnis/ sexy moves scripts it was only for forward/idle

I am not quite sure what you mean with animation override but sexy move uses alternate animations I believe.

To see which animations are supported go to your fnis folder tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users and open the Alternate_AnimationGroups.txt.

Everything that is in a group can be used with alternate animations, everything else just can be replaced the oldschool way.