[Idea] Fallout Shelter's settler reproduction in the new Vault Tech DLC

I bet everyone has played fallout shelter and knows you can get more settlers by pairing them up and let them have sex. Since the Vault Tech DLC is pretty much bringing Fallout Shelter into Fallout 4, I think this feature has to be in it as well.

Instead of just waiting settlers to come in, you gotta make them in house. This will be a great chance to test out the sex framework and animations when they are done.

I never really got the idea that Fallout Shelter involved any genetics. I.E., two high perception dwellers wouldn't necessarily produce a very perceptive baby. It would be nice if a Dweller Reproduction mod did take some genetics into account. For example, maybe not in statistics, but some stuff like hair and eye color would be nice. A more elaborate reproduction framework could possibly even investigate facial features and the such. Theoretically it should be possible to hook into the customizer and blend headmeshes, but it might involve some serious hacking to access such stuff.

I've been waiting for a mod to make settlers in-house since release. My Fallout Shelter science experiment was just one really large, elaborate breeding program. Possibly the most elaborate thing you can do with a vault: try and see how many generations you can go by and still keep straight who can get with whom without causing a genetic tantrum spiral...

Still, fingers crossed!

Closed off vaults are just silly. You will get bored within 10 mints unless you have some mystery novel level of a quest chain in there.

While F4SE is not advanced and while sex animations are not here there are no sex-oriented mods which won't make player bored quickly, indoor or outdoor :)

As everybody, waiting to see where FO4 goes ... 

If Vault Tech isn't exploited as a base for breeding mods, then I'll know modding for FO4 is well and truly dead. The potential is just too great and too obvious even to those who "don't like adult mods" (*cough* Howard and Hines *cough*). I'm actually surprised this made it. Anyone who knows about Lovers Lab has to realize we, it's sick, twisted, dirty little pervert members, would run with this given a chance. Oh well! We got a new way to simulate those things 'Muricans are so squeamish about!

Disclaimer: I am not a 'Murican. I'm a Norwegian lemming. Even though I can't actually speak a word of Norwegian.

That's not the only feature from Fallout Shelter I would like to see in a mod for this DLC, I want to see NPC's S.P.E.C.I.A.L and a use for them as well as sending them to missions and even control one of them during the said mission, so much potential... I guess I wanted too much from a 5$ DLC, mods will have to finish the job.

But F4SE needs to improve, personally I'm stuck from finishing anything without it, things will begin to get awesome after the release of Nuka World I foresee.

That's not the only feature from Fallout Shelter I would like to see in a mod for this DLC, I want to see NPC's S.P.E.C.I.A.L and a use for them as well as sending them to missions and even control one of them during the said mission, so much potential... I guess I wanted too much from a 5$ DLC, mods will have to finish the job.

But F4SE needs to improve, personally I'm stuck from finishing anything without it, things will begin to get awesome after the release of Nuka World I foresee.

Yeah I want to send a team of NPCs to go get the Aluminium the Eyebot finds :P
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived