[Sims 3] Favourite world for KinkyWorld mod

What is your favourite world for Kinkyworld? With lot of expansions I was struggling with lag issues in most worlds, especially in the larger ones.

For example Isla Paradiso was unplayable as the gameplay in this world is very laggy even witout extensive modding. I was testing it with 0.2.5a, so I don't know, if the sittuation is better now.

Currently I'm using Wincherster Farming Community from mysimreality. The world is relatively small and it includes features from several expansion packs, so the gameplay there is interesting although I think the world is not very beautiful.

Guest INKkan

I'm currently using a world by Quailhogs (but emptied of all sims except my own). If you haven't tried out his worlds I recommend them! They're beautifully crafted.

Difficult to say which world is "best".

I usually start a new sim in Bridgeport because it's full of stylish sims that I want to bed ... then get tired of the damn elevators. 

Next I'll start a game in the town that comes with Supernatural, then spend two hours adding all sorts of bars in case I ever make it as far as Callgirl .. then I get frustrated of my sim cancelling action queues because of the damned ghosts move out.

So Jolie Rouge's world is actually one of the best, even if most of the buildings are nearly empty.

In my last game, I spent hours individualizing the houses a bit, adding stereos and furniture almost everywhere ... then giving up because I didn't like the auto-generated sim and didn't feel like spending another two hours creating custom households. *sigh*

Another world that's mostly lag-free and full of stuff to find, even if you do need to add bars and stuff, is "Cornucopia" (should be easy to find, it's among the most popular maps of all time on the Sims web site.)

kinkyworld is probably one of the best lagfree worlds i have tried. It is plain and a bit dark..perfect for kw :)

Got some new pics?????

Wish I had.   I have not been playing much. Had some time last week, but back to normal again now :/

• 1 year later...

Old post, but as i tend to have crazy map lag problems I will mention 3 that I have little or no stop, and go problems. Because some one might be googling for Idea's.

<<<>>>>>

Note i have most every Nraas Override ( Disable Clean up Outfits, and Disable Stuck Check Auto-Reset. ) controller, Traffic,

ErrorTrap: Install the DisableDereferencing package if you want to keep this mod (http://nraas.wikispa...rrorTrap Tuning). ( from front Page Kinkyworld )

I have a bat file that wipes the cache files with each start of the game. 

I have the folder " FeaturedItems " rigged so EA cannot keep loading it up with junk.. I have like a gig, and a half or better of crap in there from EA when I finally realized what a Hump job it was doing to my game.. Just make it UN-writable with windows properties.

Also took the time to fix My vid card, and get it recognized by the game, where the DeviceConfig.log showed the " Texture memory:  4096MB <<OVERRIDE>> " correctly, it use to say 32MB which was pretty sucky.  The game only use's like 800MB Max I think, but hey its nice to see that now the game knows I have enough.

Also the game did not realize I had a card that would play the game at 2000 + FPS, so be sure to get FPS limiter, and 3booter.exe, expect your virus software to puke on it though.  I had to set and exclusion on it to use it.

The game no matter what will play at 30 FPS period, you can get the FPS to show faster, but the game will ignore all that, and still make effective use of only 30 FPS.

Also set these in the GraphicsRules.sgr like this

seti cpuLevelUber 4
seti cpuLevelHigh 3
seti cpuLevelMedium 3
seti cpuLevelLow 3

and a half dozen other tweaks, and fat fingers to help  improve a very poorly designed game.. including using 4 GB patch.

<<<<<>>>>>  ..

any way these first two I suppose are the only EA that seem pretty well optimized, not saying there are not others that sort of play okay, but these first two do very well for me

1. Lucky Palms

2. Dragon Valley, it seems to run very well for me.

( third party modded, or made maps,  I have a lot of those that play really well, it seems that modders have a better understanding of the game than EA :-/ )

3.  But one I like very much is Brooklyn_Heights, I am sure a "sim's 3 Brooklyn_Heights" google should find it.

I have had good luck out of quite a few third party map's. but that is one, that I have in game modded, and had really good luck out of.  as far as smooth game play.

4. On a newer system, it takes a lot of tweaking to get this buggy sim's 3 game to play well, but once you do I think you will find it is light years ahead of the Beam me over here, now I want to cross the street, so beam me over there Scotie ( loading screen to go any where ) Sim's 4.

I've had good luck with Strangetown, a town I found online at thesimscatalog.com  It's huge, but doesn't have the lags that comes with the Maxis worlds, and it has recreated sims of the Strangetown residents from the computer and DS versions of Strangetown.   Ziwa Bonde, an African world I found also works pretty good too, as does a Pleasantview recreation I found on the exchange by psychedelicsim.  Pleasantview is unpopulated so you'll have to move some people in, but its a nice recreation of the original.

• 2 years later...

Archived