Being a Guard

I have a question about something in the descriptions page:

"SkyHunks or Masculinized Level Lists (not both)"

Why not both? 

I've been using them both for quite some time now.

It's no problem to use them together, however (copied from OP of Skyhunks):

This mod also includes the functionality of Masculinized Level Lists. This means that generic NPCs such as guards, soldiers, bandits, etc, will now all be male, and you don't need that mod if you use this.

Thus making the mod obsolete when having 'Skyhunks' installed (and saving you 3 esp-slots in the process).

Guest ffabris

Good mod. I just wonder that....do you have plan for re-working Skyslave mod? 

Thanks! :)  And no, no plans for that. I tried picking up a mod a while back and got burned for it, so I'm not likely to do that again.

Guest ffabris

Have same problem, finished The Best Cheese and the next quest doesn't start :(

Part7 just needs one guard in Rorikstead. Plus the Captain and Ulrorn. So some other mod is messing with the guards at Rorikstead.

Veeeery interesting mod. lol .. great idea ffabris... i wish it will also be available for hetero and bi Players (optional). ;) but.. I respect the way it is made. :)

Guest ffabris

Veeeery interesting mod. lol .. great idea ffabris... i wish it will also be available for hetero and bi Players (optional). ;) but.. I respect the way it is made. :)

Glad you like. I had fun doing it, and "poking" at gamers and modders and Bethesda. :D

As for a straight version, I'll leave that to other modders. Plenty of straight mods available. :)

Another person who cannot get Part7 to start. Yeah, I've read the thread. At first I thought it might be because I'd never been to Rorikstead in the game I was playing (started new) - thinking that maybe no guards had been spawned yet so there were no NPCs to fill the aliases - so I went back to Part5 and visited Rorikstead, but that didn't fix it. I deliberately ran this one with a bare bones mod setup, and have zero mods that touch Rorickstead specifically. Same issue as the rest: captain says he has another task, dismisses my boyfriend, the "Best Cheese" ending label pops up, then you can't interact with the captain at all to start the next quest.

Below is a screenie of a guard in Rorikstead. As you can see he's just a generic NPC from Skyrim.esm with standard tags. I'm puzzled because if I in theory 'did' have a mod that touched the Rorikstead guards, it would also effect all the other Whiterun guards and I would have had issues with previous parts of the quest. When are the aliases for the rorikstead guards checked and filled? It may be I have to go back further.

Also, you can see the stages of Part6 in the console in the screenie.

post-187838-0-44192100-1470508004_thumb.jpg

Mods:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp (ver 3.0.5)
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
EFFCore.esm (Extensible follower framework)
SexLab.esm (ver 1.62)
SexLabAroused.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
SkyUI.esp
BedUndressDLC.esp
Helemts Begone.esp
Eyes of Aber.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
Beards.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
NonSexLabAnimationPack.esp
M2M_Animations.esp
SOS - Male Vanila Armor Cloths Conversion Custom.esp
SOS - Revealing Armors.esp
SOS - Revealing DLC1 Conversion.esp
SOS - Revealing DLC2 Conversion.esp
EFFDialogue.esp (Extensible follower framework)
SexLabTools.esp
NoNakedComments.esp
SkyHunks.esp
Being A Guard.esp
UIExtensions.esp
XPMSE.esp
FNIS.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Is there a way to force-start Part7? - setting the quest stages doesn't work. If not, can I skip to part 8? Anyway, enjoy what I've seen thus far and would love to finish it.

Guest ffabris

Another person who cannot get Part7 to start. Yeah, I've read the thread. At first I thought it might be because I'd never been to Rorikstead in the game I was playing (started new) - thinking that maybe no guards had been spawned yet so there were no NPCs to fill the aliases - so I went back to Part5 and visited Rorikstead, but that didn't fix it. I deliberately ran this one with a bare bones mod setup, and have zero mods that touch Rorickstead specifically. Same issue as the rest: captain says he has another task, dismisses my boyfriend, the "Best Cheese" ending label pops up, then you can't interact with the captain at all to start the next quest.

Below is a screenie of a guard in Rorikstead. As you can see he's just a generic NPC from Skyrim.esm with standard tags. I'm puzzled because if I in theory 'did' have a mod that touched the Rorikstead guards, it would also effect all the other Whiterun guards and I would have had issues with previous parts of the quest. When are the aliases for the rorikstead guards checked and filled? It may be I have to go back further.

Also, you can see the stages of Part6 in the console in the screenie.

Is there a way to force-start Part7? - setting the quest stages doesn't work. If not, can I skip to part 8? Anyway, enjoy what I've seen thus far and would love to finish it.

Guards actually in Whiterun have a faction of their own, on top of the default one. So when working with guards in Whiterun, I check for that special faction. For all others (Riverwood, Rorikstead), I am checking for the generic one. And that seems to be lacking for some in Rorikstead. Why, I have no idea, the guards there should have it.

You an skip to part 8 by doing the following in console

setstage g__part8_pre 0 

(Note the "_pre). You then have to wait till noon of the following day.

I can "fix" this issue people have with Rorikstead in one of two ways:

• relocate the quest to Riverwood
  • have the quest use any male NPC in Rorikstead, rather than a guard.

Preferences?

Guards actually in Whiterun have a faction of their own, on top of the default one. So when working with guards in Whiterun, I check for that special faction. For all others (Riverwood, Rorikstead), I am checking for the generic one. And that seems to be lacking for some in Rorikstead. Why, I have no idea, the guards there should have it.

You an skip to part 8 by doing the following in console

setstage g__part8_pre 0 

(Note the "_pre). You then have to wait till noon of the following day.

I can "fix" this issue people have with Rorikstead in one of two ways:

• relocate the quest to Riverwood
  • have the quest use any male NPC in Rorikstead, rather than a guard.

Preferences?

Honestly whichever is easier for you. Both have potential downsides. I will note that anyone who made it to this bug has already dealt with a guard in Riverwood successfully. Making it a specific NPC can introduce conflicts of other sorts.

Thanks as always for providing support for the stuff you make so promptly.

When I went to make a merged patch to see if I could sort out any potential conflicts in TES5Edit I didn't see any conflicts there with your mod - just the usual conflicts with the old SoS armors, the conflict caused by your helmet mod, and a few conflicts between the latest Unofficial Legendary Edition Patch and your SkyHunks mod - which was built off an older ULEP. They've updated the ULEP since you made it and there's a few NPCs you man-i-cured who've had bug fixes applied since. Screenie below. Dunno if it helps or not.

post-187838-0-31539300-1470516351_thumb.jpg

Guest ffabris

Honestly whichever is easier for you. Both have potential downsides. I will note that anyone who made it to this bug has already dealt with a guard in Riverwood successfully. Making it a specific NPC can introduce conflicts of other sorts.

Note that I said *any* male in Rorikstead, not a specific one. :)

Both are easy to do. To me, the advantage of Rorikstead is that it is a different location - given that you get sent to Riverwood twice already.

When I went to make a merged patch to see if I could sort out any potential conflicts in TES5Edit I didn't see any conflicts there with your mod - just the usual conflicts with the old SoS armors, the conflict caused by your helmet mod, and a few conflicts between the latest Unofficial Legendary Edition Patch and your SkyHunks mod - which was built off an older ULEP. They've updated the ULEP since you made it and there's a few NPCs you man-i-cured who've had bug fixes applied since. Screenie below. Dunno if it helps or not.

Doesn't help much, no. Besides, I use Skyhunks as well, the same as the one that's available here. Skyhunks just changes appearance really ... and sex/voice on a few housecarls.

• 2 weeks later...

If you really wanted to, you could always alter the dialogue for yourself in the Creation Kit to use gender neutral language.

Sure, it wouldn't be a good idea to change the dialogue in such a way as to negate the biological sex of the participants of the quests since they wouldn't make a lick of sense if you did (even in a comedic sense), but tweaking a pronoun or two wouldn't hurt anything. Just find the Quest section and look the quests with asterisks. That's where you're going to want to start.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't expect - wonderfull mod!!!

Absolutely immersive, moreover, I find it lore-friendly  :)  Great idea to use original game scenery. None of those ugly, boring interiors most of adult quest mods provide (non-adult as well). Dialogues are smart and witty. Animation triggers properly. No crazy holdups.

What fun - I have this mod installed for a month now, and all the time I've been running around Whiterun kept buzy with other stupid objectives. Then just accidentally started dialogue with my gorgeous Commander Caius, noticed an "unusual" branch (though, even these two dialogue branches look so friendly and natural in Skyrim that it is easy not to notice them at all), and there you go (what is the past tense?). I have totally forgotten what I've come to Guard Barracks for.

Unfortunately, SL failed first animation (sure it's not "Being a Guard"'s fault). "Initiation" as well. Who the hell knows why - my follower's presence maybe. The action started up down in prison only, but it was highly immersive  :rolleyes: . Too long I was frustrated not daring leave such a prisoner's cage (see below).

Longing for new adventures, though not sure I've completed all the quests. Thanks to the author.

i9699373.jpg

i9699366.jpg

i9699367.jpg

i9699368.jpg

i9699369.jpg

i9699370.jpg

i9699371.jpg

i9699372.jpg

Guest ffabris

VERY glad you enjoyed it. :)

If sex fails, papyrus log will show why, if you're interested to find out.

This mod ends at the campsite beyond Riverwood - if that helps.

"Also note that some choices made in dialog will lead the entire story to terminate - such as a negative response to the captain asking if you're sure you want to ..."

Now I see why this mod is tagged as "humor". Very funny - to have no another opportunity to start it from zero. Merely I wanted to put a facelight spell on my dear Commander, so that to see his face when making love, that's why I broke the dialogue...

Though I love being played a fool, when it's done in such a refined manner  :)