Skyrim 64bit Special Edition Announced

Ok,

I'm tired of closing threads that seem to pop up constantly, so I'm posting this and pinning it.

1.  No, we don't have a freaking clue if mods will work or not.  No one on staff here has a alpha, beta or "whatever".... so how could we possibly know?

2.  No, we don't know if it will come out on the advertised release date.  Seriously.......we are talking about Bethesda here...... :s

3.  No, we don't know how long it will take to "fix" mods if the new version breaks things.   

4.  No, we don't have any interest in "speculating" if things will work or not.  Waiting until the release is pretty much all we can do constructively, unless Bethesda comes out and releases some pertinent information.  Since they never do this, pretty much count on us finding out after release.

5.  No, we don't have a timetable to "test" things to see what works and what doesn't.  This is an excellent opportunity for folks to jump in and help test when the game is released.

All of this really should be common sense, as NO ONE here (staff, visitors or members) has a working crystal ball (that I'm aware of anyway).

Edit:  Feel free to "speculate" or discuss anything about Skyrim SE here.

Cheers,

Greg

I'm not worried. This is more about console users than anything else. We have ENB, Skyrim Reloaded, and tons of amazing texture packs; Bethesda isn't giving PC users ANYTHING that we don't already have in spades. Speaking of which, how great is Skyrim Reloaded?! SO great, that's how great it is.

General rule of thumb..

EXPECT HARDLY ANY MODS TO WORK.

Especially if they use SKSE, Animations, Textures, Meshes, Scripts, etc.

At least that's what I am going with.   That way if a mod doesn't work I won't be surprised.

yes.. I am going with the general rule if it can't or wasn't created edited or managed by the CK then it won't work with the new system. All the mods that most people use won't work. It is possible that they will try to make the new Skyrim compatible with the mods created using only their tools. However even that isn't a sure thing.

i love skyrim, i bought it 3 times! the 1st came with my 1st console ever, a 360.

the second was to get a bargain on overpriced dlc.

and lastly was my pc master race conversion a little over a year and a half ago- with that said i have no plans to touch skyrim 2016

Have they said that the effect that they added can be disabled?

It's a different executable. A new SKSE will be needed, and it is almost certain that every SKSE plugin will have to be recompiled for it.

That will be a huge pain in the ass lol

with that said i have no plans to touch skyrim 2016

If you have bought all DLCs piecemeal and/or bought the Legendary Edition, SE is for free.

:lol:

What we know this far:

• Those who bought all DLCs and/or acquired the Legendary edition will get a copy for free.
  • Improved visual effects
  • DX11 support
  • 64-bit Windows support
  • Mod downloading and installation from within the main screen
  • PS4 and XBox One versions
  • Separate from "classic" Skyrim (much in the same way as FO3 and FO3 GOTY Edition, which are installed in separate directories)
I'll wait on 64bit Skyrim.

But I have no great hope of real improvement.

(Compared to + Skyrim + mods today)

An understanding of the important parts of the game is also not well known.

The game itself is not an .exe, but actually 3 independent ... Layer.

Game engine (then 64bit)

Havok (???)

Papyrus (???)

And ultimately ENB.

Havok, papyrus and ENB are dependent on frames.

Absolute.

So far, there are some problems in mixing 32bit and 64bit (Havok and ENB)

I wonder what will happen. Probably for consoles interesting but effective (the present state) nothing really new.

But, let's hope. ;)

My concern is that the animation system will basically be the same as FO4. Until there's a working animation system for FO4 I don't think we'll see one for Skyrim 2016 64bit.

Really doubt FINS is going to just 'translate' over to the 2016 version.

There's no reason to think the animation system will change. Bethesda has indicated that it's just a new rendering engine, 64 bit executable (so it can use ALL your RAM, not just 4gb), and some new textures.

FNIS will probably not need to be changed at all. This should only affect SKSE (and its plugins like HDT), ENB, and MAYBE save game editors, if the save format gets an update. Nothing else should be affected unless Bethesda does more than they have already states.

hd edition will have a separate steam slot, so this means we can run both games with different characters, i guess.   that means we can play the hd version and keep playing the old one so long as it takes to fix skyui, skse, fnis, etc to the hd version. however, i disbelief that all tools will be ficed, such as uiextensions, jazons positioner, sky ui away, show racemenu pre cache killer, etcetc.

the hd version will get its own mods, probably more beauty, more solid, but not that many and not that deep and longtime developed.

Elder scrolls 6 is far away, fo4 is not that popular for modders and gamers, so the new edition might bring a new start of mods, hopefully.

with that said i have no plans to touch skyrim 2016

If you have bought all DLCs piecemeal and/or bought the Legendary Edition, SE is for free.

:lol:

What we know this far:

• Those who bought all DLCs and/or acquired the Legendary edition will get a copy for free.
  • Improved visual effects
  • DX11 support
  • 64-bit Windows support
  • Mod downloading and installation from within the main screen
  • PS4 and XBox One versions
  • Separate from "classic" Skyrim (much in the same way as FO3 and FO3 GOTY Edition, which are installed in separate directories)

I was looking for info on that. I never seen it. Do you have a link? My Googlefu failed me horribly :P

If so who cares it is free, it can be downloaded and added to Steam directory (in case it is a short term offer) and later if the tools are available for mods and the mods are transfered  I can if I want move to the 2016.. or not.

As long as it isn't replacing my current game files... It is all good in my book :)

I have been told by other sources as well, but I never saw a link.  I think someone said it on Twitter once is what someone said.

There is this page I found...

Says this specifically:

So I guess since it has it's own entry, it gets it's own folder.

The link that leads to is a tweet by Pete Hines saying simply "new entry" with no other info.

the hd version will get its own mods, probably more beauty, more solid, but not that many and not that deep and longtime developed.

doubt it, hd edition will only be hd in its name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zk1KJtG3dM

that just look like a compilation of mods

graphical mods since everything else is incompatible with that engine

as for converting mods to that, that won't be done for most mods

this take too much time, and with better mods, 32 bits look better than 64 bits

299969728502015110100175.jpg

846975728502015110100182.jpg

830103728502015110100134.jpg

73395972850201607262302591.jpg

463489728502016020600051.jpg

885726728502016020600045.jpg

644723728502016020600043.jpg

743321728502015110700027.jpg

340760728502015111100030.jpg

No one today plays a vanilla game. there is nothing to do in vanilla game, same boring NPC's with more boring quests. what i want to know is what will become of our kinky mods coz truth be told its the only reason im still playing skyrim but if the remastered is anything like fallout 4 ( meaning animation system is changed ) then we won't be able to play with sexlab mods and our other favourites mods. i simply won't be playing remastered bullshit if bethesda fucks this animation thing.

I'm planning to test things on my Windows 10 drive, it wouldn't hurt too much if Skyrim and // or its mods break over there. At least it gives me something to work on while I can still play the 'old' Skyrim on my Windows 7 drive. :) 

And if it would work fine so far, I could always update the other Skyrim. :P

Yep, I've re-installed my old W7 Pro x64 too, when I saw in ENB that W10 just get 4064MB on DX9 instead of 11872...

I've reached W10 for new games, like Fallout 4, Witcher 3 and FM6, but when I saw this... I've just splitted my SSD into two drives, and get back W7 (KMS thanks ^^). I don't know how will be this Skyrim64... But I'm pretty sure if it won't break regular mods (only content and Betheshda toolkit mods I mean), it will destroy all mods based on SKSE, just because the allocation memory system will be absolutely different.

Mods makers of Skyrim 32bits used a lot of exploits and things that the non-initated people won't understand at all to allocate more and more memory, to get through vanilla script system and to get this game and the modcommunity as far as it is now... In fact, for me I think before to start this "Sky64", I will wait some mods on Fallout 4 to let the time for our great scripters to make it work. It should be fast, if SKSE is updated when the game will be released, things should go fluently, it's just a question of time.

But it's a good idea I think, with a Skyrim in 64bits mod makers will be able to push the limits very far, and we will have an awesome game.

Sorry if my post looks a litlle odd, english is not my birth language... I try to speak it correctly, but I'm sure it's not... XD

Personally, I am worried about this conversion.  I am putting faith into Bethesda.

We can only hope that either Bethesda picks up all the essential, amazing work from the field of talented and diehard fans of the game (done solely and unselfishly just for the love of the game) and either incorporates them in a new system or that they will make it backwards compatible.  If they do not look at the modding world, and create a new shiny version of the entire engine that is not compatible with existing mods, 64bit skyrim will either take many years to become modded like the current game or it will only be played vanilla.  I am putting faith into Bethesda in that they want to be lazy and have all the community content available - without Bethesda doing much work, or any at all, and will make it backwards compatible or something along "can use it but the new engine features wont be in it" type of thing.

Don't get me wrong.  Bethesda has put out some amazing games, and unleashing the game to the community to do whatever we want with it - is really taking a great game and making it an EPIC game.  I hope they continue on this path.  

Sorry, but another question. please help if you can.

Bethesda said, hd edition will get its own slot in steam. does this mean we can start two different games ?

On the other hand, they said, the old saves come into hd edition. does this mean we have no separated saves and a sinlge numbererd line of saves for both games?

Does it mean, without modding, when starting the old game, the hdedition will start INSTEAD so you cant play the old game anymore once the hd edition is downloaded from steam ?

(usually the old game is started by skse and not in steam, so what will happen to that?)

if these questions cannot be answered yet because lack of information, just keep in mind what may be caused by the hd edition before you download it.

Huge info to know, thank you!! 

But just in case, i think i will turn of actuallisation for Skyrim, until the mods are compatible with the new edition :D