My Beggar Blessings Mod

View File

Was always miffed that donating to a beggar didn't give me some benefit like in Fallout 3.

Now, when they "bless" you, AFTER you actually donated, you will get a real blessing.

There are "SEVEN" possible blessings.

Five are basically the shrine blessings lasting double the time.

Three are new with one lasting three times as long, one affecting "sneak" and one is ALL the normal shrine blessings put together but also lasting double the time.

Now you can enjoy your charity!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/18/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    Oblivion SI

Nice idea...

But why are they beggars if they can cast so strong blessings ? Why not earn money with blessings ?

Idea: they can teach the player skills.

sneak and acrobatics ( they are members or informants of the Thieves guild )

speechcraft ( you have to be friendly when begging, or tell a believable lie)

A random percent check

< 50 nothing

51 to 60 sneak +1

61 to 70 speechcraft +1

71 to 80 acrobatics  +1

81 to 90 sneak +2

91 to 100 speechcraft +2

And maybe a player skill check: no theaching if player skill is above 75. ( but 50 % chance that they give the player one picklock. They are poor beggars )

EDIT: maybe they only teach if you have 70 dispostion ( you also need 70 disposition to get informations about the thieves guild.  ) first they must trust you ( like you ) to give tips about sneaking, speechcraft and acrobatics.

So I've been told, but that's not what life has taught me. Life's lessons have taught me that kindness is a punishment you bring on yourself, as in people just use you.

Back to point, in the realm of Tamriel, if a version were made based on fejeenas suggestion, it would fit very nicely with lore as well. ;)

In many countries in the Middle Ages they were regarded as blessed are the poor, can bless, heal. With this in itself did not have any property, they went to the ragged clothes.
In Cyrodiil so pleasing to the gods.

Agreed.  

Just because the Grey Fox favors the beggars does not mean that other sentient entities do not also.

While I appreciate all the input given the "idea" is that when the beggar "blesses" the player, ONLY after donating (Which is checked with a script that I hope is working) the blessing of the particular deity is bestowed randomly based upon the particular "GOODBYE" blessing of the beggar.

Mystara is a D&D Easter Egg so that blessing is the most potent, being a shot of ALL the shrine blessings with extended timer.

I researched "Anu" and it basically calls back to "Auri-el" and "Akatosh" so I think I just doubled the normal benefit of that shrine with the longest timer.

The "Shadow" blessing is the only one specifically "Thief" based. 

Nothing is "permanent" in these blessings like Fajeena is suggesting so that it motivates the player to donate again and again for them to continue to receive the blessings.

LOL, I had to go give to a begger because it has been so long since I was nice to them. Normally I just ignored them, and completely forgot they do say "Blessings of {insert diety} upon ye" so, either way does fit.

Hehe.  I always take the time to make my female beggars more than doable so I always have a reason to speak to them.  

Not sure if LPK has any scripting to allow a chance of catching a disease for physically associating with a beggar but if not, it should.

No good deed goes unpunished, right?