Please, don't quote the whole post if I made such a giant multi-answer post this just clutters the thread ;) just delete the unnecessary parts.

just trying that out ,thanks ,that's so much better....now how do you add a 'spoiler' tag......

But try not to delete this part so I still know it's a quote  ;)

In the text editor on the upper left hand, you have 3 symbols, the third from left is "Special BBCode" you can add spoiler tags this way.

In the text editor on the upper left hand, you have 3 symbols, the third from left is "Special BBCode" you can add spoiler tags this way.

thank you

Or you can type: [ spoiler ] content to be hidden [ /spoiler ] (remove the extra spaces inside the brackets to make them work. You can use pretty much any BBCODE even while using the editor version of the page, you just won't see it "preview".

thank you

Or you can type: [ spoiler ] content to be hidden [ /spoiler ] (remove the extra spaces inside the brackets to make them work. You can use pretty much any BBCODE even while using the editor version of the page, you just won't see it "preview".

just googled bbcode ,interesting ,thanks again

I have a new dilemma. Now that I can attach ropes... What do I do with this new found power?

Attach ropes? To what? If its a breakthrough, you should share it to the DD team and maybe SkyrimLL as he was looking for a working leash (if thats what you mean by attaching ropes)

I have a new dilemma. Now that I can attach ropes... What do I do with this new found power?

Attach ropes? To what? If its a breakthrough, you should share it to the DD team and maybe SkyrimLL as he was looking for a working leash (if thats what you mean by attaching ropes)

No, it's just adapting what's in the "hw" cell in heretical resources.

Well, this method has some downsides like the fact that actors need to be in ragdoll mode for the connection to stay active. Musje found a workaround for this by letting the actor stand up a little bit then playing an animation and setting them unconscious again, at least I think that's what he did.

I haven't tested the limits on this very much yet so there is still room for improvements to be made how the chain is set up. 

You can use this to decorate dungeons with actors that are attached to chains or try to script some kind of smart restraint chain that can be attached ingame to selected actors and bodyparts.

Maybe experiment a little bit with attaching multiple chains to one actor and see how it behaves in different situations, I haven't played around with this very much apart from attaching chains to both hands and feet.

Well I made an activator that grabs the user at 4 points at once. Works on the player, can't get a follower to use it.

It also releases after 15 seconds (on purpose), but after that the ropes won't attach again if I use the activator.

Funny story, I had problems for a long time because "NPC L Foot [Lft ]" is supposed to have a space after "Lft", same with Rft. I didn't even see the space before.

Anyway, I was using RemoveHavokConstraints but apparently you have to remove the constraints before you unparalyze/un-unconscious the user for it to work. 

Also, for some reason my follower now uses the activator. It may have been because I was using a script-heavy follower.

Here's my working code:

Scriptname asriHome_HR_HavokChainScript extends ObjectReference  

; Properties

ObjectReference Property leftArm Auto
ObjectReference Property rightArm Auto
ObjectReference Property leftLeg Auto
ObjectReference Property rightLeg Auto

; Variables

String ChainAttachNode = "Vert07"
Actor AttachedActor

; Events

Event OnLoad()
	utility.wait(1.0)
  	leftArm.ApplyHavokImpulse(1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 10.0)
	rightArm.ApplyHavokImpulse(1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 10.0)
	leftLeg.ApplyHavokImpulse(1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 10.0)
	rightLeg.ApplyHavokImpulse(1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 10.0)
EndEvent

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)
	AttachedActor = akActionRef as Actor

AttachedActor.setunconscious(true)
	AttachedActor.PushActorAway(AttachedActor, 1.0)
	AttachedActor.SetAV("Paralysis", 1)
	utility.wait(1.0)

AttachRope(leftArm, "NPC L Hand [LHnd]")
	AttachRope(rightArm, "NPC R Hand [RHnd]")
	AttachRope(leftLeg, "NPC L Foot [Lft ]")
	AttachRope(rightLeg, "NPC R Foot [Rft ]")

utility.wait(10.0)
	DetachRope(leftArm, "NPC L Hand [LHnd]")
	DetachRope(rightArm, "NPC R Hand [RHnd]")
	DetachRope(leftLeg, "NPC L Foot [Lft ]")
	DetachRope(rightLeg, "NPC R Foot [Rft ]")
	AttachedActor.setunconscious(false)
	AttachedActor.SetAV("Paralysis", 0)
EndEvent

; Functions

Function AttachRope(ObjectReference chainRef, String boneName)
	game.addHavokBallAndSocketConstraint(AttachedActor, boneName, chainRef, ChainAttachNode, 0, 0, 0)
EndFunction

Function DetachRope(ObjectReference chainRef, String boneName)
	game.removeHavokConstraints(AttachedActor, boneName, chainRef, ChainAttachNode)
EndFunction

Apparently, Papyrus isn't case sensitive?

Funny story, I had problems for a long time because "NPC L Foot [Lft ]" is supposed to have a space after "Lft", same with Rft. I didn't even see the space before.

Yep, that space can be a bit confusing I would recommend copying the names directly from the skeleton this way there will be no typos.

If you want my unqualified guess why that space exists, all the vanilla skeleton nodes have that "[Lft ]" kind of tag behind the name but the tag always has 4 characters like "NPC Spine [spn0]". So I don't know if it's just a beth convention or if the engine needs the tag to have 4 chars to read it but apparently that space exists to conform it to the 4 char tag rule...

Anyway, I was using RemoveHavokConstraints but apparently you have to remove the constraints before you unparalyze/un-unconscious the user for it to work. 

Probably, the actor still needs to be in ragdoll mode so the connection can be terminated otherwise it still persists if you try to remove it when the actor is in animation mode again.

Also, for some reason my follower now uses the activator. It may have been because I was using a script-heavy follower.

Maybe you did load a savegame where the script already existed but you added some properties? If you make changes to scripts that include new properties or changes the properties you have to load a clean save otherwise the script won't update. At least that's what I have been observing...

Here's my working code:

Looks good, FYI the node names are Vert01-Vert07 in case you don't want to use the end to connect. Also there is a loose havok rope included now that can be connected with both ends...

I used the vanilla vertical bonetrap as a base to understand havok and build the chains, although I had to change a lot, the node names I kept ^^

Scriptname asriHome_HR_HavokChainScript extends ObjectReference  

; Properties

ObjectReference Property leftArm Auto
ObjectReference Property rightArm Auto
ObjectReference Property leftLeg Auto
ObjectReference Property rightLeg Auto

; Variables

String ChainAttachNode = "Vert07"
Actor AttachedActor

; Events

Event OnLoad()
	utility.wait(1.0)
  	leftArm.ApplyHavokImpulse(1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 10.0)
	rightArm.ApplyHavokImpulse(1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 10.0)
	leftLeg.ApplyHavokImpulse(1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 10.0)
	rightLeg.ApplyHavokImpulse(1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 10.0)
EndEvent

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)
	AttachedActor = akActionRef as Actor

AttachedActor.setunconscious(true)
	AttachedActor.PushActorAway(AttachedActor, 1.0)
	AttachedActor.SetAV("Paralysis", 1)
	utility.wait(1.0)

AttachRope(leftArm, "NPC L Hand [LHnd]")
	AttachRope(rightArm, "NPC R Hand [RHnd]")
	AttachRope(leftLeg, "NPC L Foot [Lft ]")
	AttachRope(rightLeg, "NPC R Foot [Rft ]")

utility.wait(10.0)
	DetachRope(leftArm, "NPC L Hand [LHnd]")
	DetachRope(rightArm, "NPC R Hand [RHnd]")
	DetachRope(leftLeg, "NPC L Foot [Lft ]")
	DetachRope(rightLeg, "NPC R Foot [Rft ]")
	AttachedActor.setunconscious(false)
	AttachedActor.SetAV("Paralysis", 0)
EndEvent

; Functions

Function AttachRope(ObjectReference chainRef, String boneName)
	game.addHavokBallAndSocketConstraint(AttachedActor, boneName, chainRef, ChainAttachNode, 0, 0, 0)
EndFunction

Function DetachRope(ObjectReference chainRef, String boneName)
	game.removeHavokConstraints(AttachedActor, boneName, chainRef, ChainAttachNode)
EndFunction

Apparently, Papyrus isn't case sensitive?

Nope, it's not and yes I was a bit confused there too. All languages I had contact with before where case sensitive... Maybe because it's "just" a light scripting language? 

Hey guys, this is a really nooby question.

Heretical resources looked really  up my alley, but I have been using CBBE most of the time in Skyrim.  I've switched to UNP-

wait. Let me correct that, I'm TRYING to switch to UNP.  I downloaded the CBBE Bodyslide file, and made sure to set it to UNP.  But I really have no idea what I'm doing.  I'm assuming that what I'm doing is generating the body that will be used by the game in the same way that CBBE did.  However I'm running into the problem that I'm also trying to follow the instructions for HR to install them, and I'm really lost.

Could anyone please pass me some tips or a walkthrough for how to get this done, because I'm at my wits end!

You need the UUNP files for BodySlide. When you first installed BodySlide, you should've been presented with an installer. You want the "Unified UNP" option - it's a completely different base mesh from the CBBE body.

Yup, I already followed that and have that part set up.  It's opening the program and getting it read Heretical Resources that I can't figure out.

You need the UUNP files for BodySlide. When you first installed BodySlide, you should've been presented with an installer. You want the "Unified UNP" option - it's a completely different base mesh from the CBBE body.

Yup, I already followed that and have that part set up.  It's opening the program and getting it read Heretical Resources that I can't figure out.

Open it through your mod manager MO/NMM..or manually Data/CalienteTools/Bodyslide/Bodyslide.exe(32bit) or Bodyslide x64.exe.

With bodyslide open in droplist "Outfit/Body" they go with HR_XXXXXXX...

Chain harness and ball chain are just awesome. Notice you use blender, which version ? and i believe you made them with HDT physics through max right ? Could i trouble you with some technical questions (PM maybe) about creating HDT Physics. I use 2.49b also got Max 2012 + HCT, but i completely suck with max guess that's why i keep on failing to follow Canderes tutorial. Would really appreciated for any help or tips.

Open it through your mod manager MO/NMM..or manually Data/CalienteTools/Bodyslide/Bodyslide.exe(32bit) or Bodyslide x64.exe.

That's exactly my problem, HR_XXXXXX isn't showing up at all.  The only options I get in the Outfit/Body droplist are UNP related- I don't get anything related to Heretical Resources. When I download it, am I supposed to move the .rar into that file?

Chain harness and ball chain are just awesome. Notice you use blender, which version ? and i believe you made them with HDT physics through max right ? Could i trouble you with some technical questions (PM maybe) about creating HDT Physics. I use 2.49b also got Max 2012 + HCT, but i completely suck with max guess that's why i keep on failing to follow Canderes tutorial. Would really appreciated for any help or tips.

I use blender 2.49b and nifskope for everything 3d related and JFF or a texteditor like notepad++ for the HDT xml files.

I know almost everyone assumes that 3dsmax with HCT is needed but it's not. I started editing existing HDT setups with nifskope and notepad++ and after some time I noticed that 3dsmax isn't necessary to create something completely new.

I guess it's a bit easier to create HDT setups directly with 3dsmax/HCT because the physics parameters are visually represented while editing them so stuff like constraint angles are visible.

But like you, I am terrible with 3dsmax and although by now I have the HCT I also got the skills to do it without, so... screw 3dsmax  :lol:

I mean don't get me wrong if someone already knows how 3dsmax works and owns the HCT I would recommend using that but I got used to my crude method. 

I was already thinking about sharing what I found especially since manually editing the xml files got me some insights that I never read anywhere yet... Like the settings I found that made the chain collar possible in the first place and apparently aren't set correctly in every xml I could find. You know the way that KSHairdos HDT hair, for instance, is "glitching" all over the place when you turn around too quickly? I managed to get completely rid of that although, for some reason, this doesn't work for every Item and I have no clue why. I changed the settings for a few Items of other modders to test it and for some, it worked for others it doesn't. But it's not easy to check why that's the case because I have to manually compare both xml files to see if they did something different.

When you start manually editing xml's you know why finding some wrong setting is hell on earth in a complex HDT setup but you have to do it this way because there is a handful of settings that isn't represented in JFF or HCT(not 100% sure about HCT because I just have seen Screenshots).

I still have some gaps on how HDT works I am hoping to fill over time, but at this point, I feel secure enough to share what I know. If you are interested you can PM me and I can start making a tutorial this way. I will just add information to my first message until it covers the basics and then I post that to the HDT forum and add more stuff over time.

But be warned it's a complex topic and Havok/HDT is a bitch  :dodgy: ... although if you know how blender works and a little bit of nifskope it will be far easier.

That's exactly my problem, HR_XXXXXX isn't showing up at all.  The only options I get in the Outfit/Body droplist are UNP related- I don't get anything related to Heretical Resources. When I download it, am I supposed to move the .rar into that file?

You have to download the file with the mega link that is inside the text file you get from here and then open that rar with MO/NMM and install it (don't worry about any warnings from MO, the file structure is fine). 

If you already did that check in Bodyslide if you have selected a group filter in the upper right side of the window, if yes disable it. Otherwise select Heretical Resources, then your body preset and batch build.

You have to download the file with the mega link that is inside the text file you get from here and then open that rar with MO/NMM and install it (don't worry about any warnings from MO, the file structure is fine). 

If you already did that check in Bodyslide if you have selected a group filter in the upper right side of the window, if yes disable it. Otherwise select Heretical Resources, then your body preset and batch build.

That's what my mistake was.  So then what's the second file for?

Those are the bodyslide files put them into your modmanager! why are so many people assuming a single text file is the whole bodyslide data? xD

The files are large so I uploaded them to mega to reduce LL traffic, I think I have to write that into the description as well...

Those are the bodyslide files put them into your modmanager! why are so many people assuming a single text file is the whole bodyslide data? xD

The files are large so I uploaded them to mega to reduce LL traffic, I think I have to write that into the description as well...

No, I meant the 1.51 download link :P.

But yes, I think that could help a lot.  It's showing up in bodyslide now.  I'll follow the instructions you provided, and I think it should work!

Although one quick question- (first time I've ever used bodyslide) I noticed that all my DDA were listed as CBBE- should that be something I should be concerned about?

Thanks again for your help :) and the great resources!

No, I meant the 1.51 download link :P.

But yes, I think that could help a lot.  It's showing up in bodyslide now.  I'll follow the instructions you provided, and I think it should work!

Although one quick question- (first time I've ever used bodyslide) I noticed that all my DDA were listed as CBBE- should that be something I should be concerned about?

Thanks again for your help :) and the great resources!

If you use UUNP you should install the UUNP files for DDa/DDe. There are some items that might work with both CBBE/UUNP like most of my items except the BB collection which is UUNP only. But If you have UUNP always use the UUNP option if there is one.