1st Person Camera Question

Fienyx

I use Enhanced First Person Camera by Logic Dragon, and have noticed that sometimes, the camera seems to float after some animations. Does anyone know what causes this, and more importantly. Does anyone know how to make it permanent? It's like the 3rd person camera actually ends up in 1st person perspective. When it happens, if you just stand around until the idle kicks in, the camera follows the eyes.

My thinking is if it can be made permanent, to use Look Here You in first person would be possible. I also like the floating look. Fluid motion, not the precise, stops exactly with the mouse.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know how to make it permanent, but do you use OCR by any chance... i once had a similar event happen when i turned of OCR's 1st person and used Enhance First person instead (i had problems with the crosshair lining up correctly with items, which is why i tried that). After i updated OCR i had no more problems, but the camera seemed to be stuck floating.

I removed both mods, made a clean save, and then it went back to normal. 

Do you mean OR (Oblivion Reloaded)?  If so then no. Just enhanced camera. I figured out what is happening. It's the 3rd person camera stuck at 1st person camera position.

I have my Enhanced Camera ini set so my camera is eye height, head node turned on and head bob.

I don't uses 3rd person arms due to the bow aiming issue they have. I don't use the cross hair, and the 1st person arms let you sight down the arrow (how I shoot IRL), which allows for some insane far sniper shots (assumng you can see the npc). I also use realistic gravity and have affecting the arrows. Set for good realism.  If you arms disappear, talking to an npc brings them back and I have a spell that I can summon an NPC.  Well, this helped me find what was happening when I pulled out my bow.

I can make it happen with washing anims from BPH. Took some screenshots while this effect was happening. Normally, when turning in 1st person, the whole body turns and head stays stationary, but with this affect.....

post-119700-0-98571000-1469313969_thumb.jpg

Me with scary candle face, for comparison in 1st person shots. Candles from Portable Candles and Stands by Razorwire

post-119700-0-87767900-1469314151_thumb.jpg

Looking straight, fairly normal except it now moves with idle anims. Freaking sweet when idles kick in and and the screen starts looking around. :)

With the camera setting how I have, my whiskers just normally stay in the corners, unless I look up or down, then they go off screen. Same with ears and that bit of hair near center screen.

post-119700-0-18086200-1469314294_thumb.jpg

Looking left, visual indication of player paying attention to where they are turning.

post-119700-0-58053000-1469314595_thumb.jpg

Looking right, see left above ;)

I kind of envision a version of EC that can keep 3rd person camera stuck at 1st person location, and enable 1st person arms. This idea with Look Here You would give probably the most immersive 1st person view possible.

Yeah, i meant OR, i was thinking about open cities reborn, which is why i wrote OCR, silly me. 

I can't remember, can you adjust the position of the EC cam? In OR there is a setting where you can change x, y, and z. 

Maybe try out just the cam from OR (you can turn off everything you do not want in the ini.)

I've had too many issues with OR. I used to use it, but as it grew, it started to touch more than I wanted. Even turning things off in the ini, I've noticed it still makes adjustments pertaining to the stuff that's been turned off. I also don't like how grass distance is more important to keep maxed than seeing NPCs. Makes being a sniper hard, not a fan of anything that moves my sliders from where I put them.

As for the camera in EC, yes, can move X, Y, Z. The defaults are in Parenthesis

; Sets camera position relative to the head node
fCameraPosX=0                 ;  - Left , + Right     (0)
fCameraPosY=1              ;  - Back , + Forward      (14)
fCameraPosZ=7.5              ;  - Down , + Up         (6)

Default camera position basically has you looking from right in front of your mouth if you're a beast, slightly further for human-ish  heads. Gives the best view of your boobs, how I set mine, realism, placed as best as I could to the eyes.

But like I posted before, this is the 3rd person camera being stuck to the 1st person camera node or w/e it's attached to.  Normal 1st person the head doesn't turn, don't usually need a head in 1st person. EC allows you to enable the head to see hair ect..

; Enables the head node to make hair visible when in first person
bEnableHeadFirstPerson=0

With this set to 1, and camera position adjusted to view from close to the eyes, you get what I have. Looking down with a human head you see the bridge of your nose, with beast races, it's a bit different. You end up seeing inside your mouth a little sometimes.

I haven't looked at the washing scripts for BPH, but I think the cause of this really neat effect is a script if block. This specific block is in my flight script too, and that can sometimes makr the 3rd person thing happen.

If IsThirdPerson == 0

ToggleFirstPerson 0

player.pickidle

player.update3d

ToggleFirstPerson 1

endif

Archived