[mod] [CK 2] Dark World - Serpent Expansion

zia

View File

[CK 2] Dark World - Serpent Expansion

Previously Dark World - Slavery Expanded.

So I was messing around with deguru's excellent mod: Dark World: Reborn and I was ecstatic to find a slavery system with in it. However after a few hours... probably over a hundred.. I found the slavery system rather lacking.

So after waiting and waiting for more content for the slavery system I decided: Why wait? Why not make it myself? And thus Dark World - Slavery Expansion was born.

What this mod does:

-Adds an offmap empire that you can sell slaves to or buy slaves from

-DRAGONS, because dragons are awesome.

-Reptilians (dragon/human hybrids)
- Adds two new ways to get slaves.
-Adds ways to get various dark world traits into your court, without starting with them.
-Declare wars to capture slaves
-Visit any non whore pleasure slave in your court. (If you sent them to work in the brothel, you cannot visit them)
-Visit slave decision is limited to: Non spouse/lover, non whore pleasure slaves only.

-Grant favor to your courtiers to allow them to use your pleasure slaves. (Minor title Liege's Favor, limit 5)

REQUIRES:
Dark World Reborn

Recommended:
Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits

Bugs: 

-Localization for dragon festival is a bit wonky, it has been fixed in my current build and will be out in the next release. (Had the modifier and the decision named the same thing in the localization, which caused it to be wonky for one of them, simple fix. Just had to rename the modifier to something else, which I should have done in the beginning.)

German Translation:
Thanks to Kiara for translating this mod to german. German translation found here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/66201-dwe-dark-world-extended/ (OUTDATED)
Credit:
Dewguru and his amazing mod Dark World Reborn: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/57549-ck2-dark-world-reborn/page-1

-Thanks to the AGOT team for inspiring some of the stuff about dragons, though none of their work was used.

Paradox Interactive, for their awesome game.
Various other modders whose mods were torn apart and Frankensteined to teach me how to mod. (None of their work is used in this mod)

Visit slave code: Copy/paste of the dewguru's Visit lover/spouse and flag clearing event, tweaked to target slaves. All credit goes to him. Uploaded with his permission.

Kidnap Code: Copy/paste of the dewguru's with slight edits to use dragons instead of spymaster. All credit goes to him.

-Bah! For locating and gathering the portraits used for Reptilians Race

ALL PHOTOS BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS AND I CLAIM NO CREDIT FOR THEM. 

Photos gathered form: Google and other assorted websites. 

WARNING:
-Using this mod may cause untold rebellions in your lands, if you spam the event.
- I am a Novice Modder and any and all pointers and hints are appreciated!

View File

Really glad to see more work on the slavery system! 

One question though, how is the Futa mod required? I personally don't run it, so I am unsure how it really affects the slavery system and if it's a hard dependency.

One of the events tries to create a character with the futa trait, which after reviewing the dark world mod, its added by the core instead of darkworld futa. So it may work without it actually.

Really glad to see more work on the slavery system! 

One question though, how is the Futa mod required? I personally don't run it, so I am unsure how it really affects the slavery system and if it's a hard dependency.

One of the events tries to create a character with the futa trait, which after reviewing the dark world mod, its added by the core instead of darkworld futa. So it may work without it actually.

That sounds interesting, I will try without it and see how it works! Great mod :)

Update: V0.2 released.

Changes:

-Decisions have been merged into one. (Helps tidy up intrigue menu)

- New events: You can now buy slaves from your slaver's guild.

- Cost of slave effects traits. 

cool, I didn't know dark world reborn had a slave option just thought it was a useless building lol don't have time to try yours out but will tomorrow, thanks!

On a side note, I personally loved game of thrones mod's slave system (building slave camps, slave raids, thralls, salt wives/concubines, selling/enslaving prisoners, buying slaves from other lords, sparking feuds by enslaving a prominent house's kin, rescuing slaves via plot menu, liberating slavery altogether, breeding of slaves, punishing slaves, ect.) it does lack a little on the side of immersion but the system was well done.

Odd. No text is showing up in events and on the buttons. Any idea how to fix this?

Is it a single event? A few events? all of them? If its only one or two please point out how you got to them so I can look into getting it fixed. If its all of them then you are missing the localization file. Or at least its not loading the localization file.

I know one of the events is missing words on the button, which will be fixed in the next version. And some of the events really don't have much dialogue. (Such as the female or male slave pages)  

Odd. No text is showing up in events and on the buttons. Any idea how to fix this?

Is it a single event? A few events? all of them? If its only one or two please point out how you got to them so I can look into getting it fixed. If its all of them then you are missing the localization file. Or at least its not loading the localization file.

I know one of the events is missing words on the button, which will be fixed in the next version. And some of the events really don't have much dialogue. (Such as the female or male slave pages)  

Might be nice to include the building description and a shorter name in the intrigue tab in the next update.  The former just irritates me while the latter seems a little too... problematic if someone's running other mods and is merely skimming through their intrigue menu.

Hi, just installed the mod along with all of the Dark World mods, but I'm not getting any options related to slaves in the intrigue tab.

There's a slaver's guild prebuilt when starting a new game, but no options appear even after building the slave dungeon - although I did get a event a while back where a traveling merchant (?) sold me slaves.

Any idea on what's wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

I got the same problem with invisible text. There is no text in slave training choices and in popup itself, I'll attach a screenshot. Also, I don't seem to have an option to get slaves myself, like prisoners from my dungeon and such. I can only buy slaves from the guild. Is it meant to be this way or something bugged out? BTW, I got latest patch, most of dlc and all DW mods installed. Oh, and thanks for slavery mod! I really liked that part in old DW.

I got the same problem with invisible text. There is no text in slave training choices and in popup itself, I'll attach a screenshot. Also, I don't seem to have an option to get slaves myself, like prisoners from my dungeon and such. I can only buy slaves from the guild. Is it meant to be this way or something bugged out? BTW, I got latest patch, most of dlc and all DW mods installed. Oh, and thanks for slavery mod! I really liked that part in old DW.

Enslaving your prisoners is part of the Darkworld Court and commerce mod. If the option to enslave them isn't poping up you might want to go to the darkworld reborn thread and report it. The slave training is also part of court and commerce, so you might want to go report that in the Darkworld thread. 

And as for the missing text in the funding choice, I know. If its the event for funding slavers in foreign lands then it has been fixed in the next update. Along with the bug where purchasing could result in a free slave.. that was a bug it has been fixed. Among other things that have been fixed that I have since forgotten about.

Enslaving your prisoners is part of the Darkworld Court and commerce mod. If the option to enslave them isn't poping up you might want to go to the darkworld reborn thread and report it. The slave training is also part of court and commerce, so you might want to go report that in the Darkworld thread. 

And as for the missing text in the funding choice, I know. If its the event for funding slavers in foreign lands then it has been fixed in the next update. Along with the bug where purchasing could result in a free slave.. that was a bug it has been fixed. Among other things that have been fixed that I have since forgotten about.

I kinda fixed it by removing DW Hentai submod. Option to enslave is back and text in slave popups is working fine now. Guess the problem was with commerce file in submod, it replaced original one. So I'm sorry that I bothered you with this problem.

I kinda fixed it by removing DW Hentai submod. Option to enslave is back and text in slave popups is working fine now. Guess the problem was with commerce file in submod, it replaced original one. So I'm sorry that I bothered you with this problem.

You have absolutely nothing to be sorry about. If you had not commented I would have put off the next update until the new DLC was out. Frankly that not right.

Speaking of which:

DarkWorld - Slavery Expanded v03 Should be uploaded shortly after this post

Changlog:

-Fixed the one event that was missing text. (if you find one please point it out! Screenshots and explaining how you got to that event help wonderfully)

-Fixed the error in selling that resulted in certain slaves costing nothing. 

-Fixed the localization on a lot of stuff.

-New Descriptions

- Slave Guild now requires the first rank of shipbuilding. (Sorry without this every coastal province had one)

-Something I forgot. Trust me I fixed something and forgot what it was, but its in here now!

VERSION .04 RELEASE.

Changelog:

• - Female dwarf slaves are no longer free
  • - Bad localization for option to leave slavers guild instead of funding slavers.
  • -Visit Slave decision: Allows you to visit any pleasure slave that you did not send to the brothel.
  • -Liege's Favor Title: Grant the use of your pleasure slaves to your courtiers. (Warning your slaves can and mostlikely will get pregnant. Be prepared for accessive bastards form your courtiers.)
  • -Slave Raid CB. Declare war on your neighbors and take the courtiers as slaves. (5 random courtiers from the attacked courty will become your slaves)
  • -Limited testing shows Creatures of the night to be optional, if you encouter any bugs please point them out.
  • Visit slave code: Copy/paste of the dewguru's Visit lover/spouse and flag clearing event, tweaked to target slaves. All credit goes to him. Uploaded with his permission.

new game required?

If you mean a new save: It should be compatible with previous save games as it does not add any new traits. 

If you mean does it need the new DLC:

Not yet, but probably will at some point. It will be added to the description if the new DLC becomes a requirement.

It seems this is incompatible with the Futa module. It was working fine until I noticed that I didn't have the Futa module and then I downloaded it. For some reason the option to buy slaves and fund slavers is gone.

Odd, Did you happen to add or remove any other mods? I personally use this with the futa module and I have no issues at all. Did you happen to fund slavers before saving? 

If you fund slavers the option to visit the guild vanishes until the slavers return. 

Did you load the same save game or start a new one? 

It seems this is incompatible with the Futa module. It was working fine until I noticed that I didn't have the Futa module and then I downloaded it. For some reason the option to buy slaves and fund slavers is gone.

Odd, Did you happen to add or remove any other mods? I personally use this with the futa module and I have no issues at all. Did you happen to fund slavers before saving? 

If you fund slavers the option to visit the guild vanishes until the slavers return. 

A mistake on my part. I normally root through the files of mods I download just to learn and I accidentally changed something. I reversed it and it was all better.

A mistake on my part. I normally root through the files of mods I download just to learn and I accidentally changed something. I reversed it and it was all better.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out! 

Archived