OSA | Skyrim Ascendancy Engine

So based off of what I skimmed over, this is basically a mod that allows the character to engage in an "act" in real time, or in a series of "interactive" (button activated) steps, like hugging, then kissing, then foreplay, and then sex, (instead of, "hey let's fuck" and then right into the animation as the computer takes the wheel) at which point the other mod (Osex) can be used to navigate the scene?

This framework looks and sounds interesting, the issue I see is, there are allot of sex mods out there already, and they haven't been updated in a while by the people who created, or were working on them last, which means it's unlikely that those authors will be making any patches for this framework. I could be wrong, but I think this framework is coming a little too late to the scene. Unfortunately, unless you or someone else will be making the "patches" I read about in the description.

Or maybe I'm COMPLETELY misunderstand things.

So based off of what I skimmed over, this is basically a mod that allows the character to engage in an "act" in real time, or in a series of "interactive" (button activated) steps, like hugging, then kissing, then foreplay, and then sex, (instead of, "hey let's fuck" and then right into the animation as the computer takes the wheel) at which point the other mod (Osex) can be used to navigate the scene?

This framework looks and sounds interesting, the issue I see is, there are allot of sex mods out there already, and they haven't been updated in a while by the people who created, or were working on them last, which means it's unlikely that those authors will be making any patches for this framework. I could be wrong, but I think this framework is coming a little too late to the scene. Unfortunately, unless you or someone else will be making the "patches" I read about in the description.

Not even kind of what it is, also epic RTFM fail.

I thought about that myself and I'm worried as well, but I'm definitely willing to give OSA a chance. Let's just hope that SexLab (which is generating ~2k dollars/month on Patreon btw) and this framework can coexist peacefully.

I thought about that myself and I'm worried as well, but I'm definitely willing to give OSA a chance. Let's just hope that SexLab (which is generating ~2k dollars/month on Patreon btw) and this framework can coexist peacefully.

rtfm?

rtfm.

After installing the mod I cannot move at all. Literally load my save and my character won't attack, move, fast travel you name it.

Whelp this is just FUCKING GREAT! Now I can NOT play Skyrim anymore because of your mod breaking it. I still can't move EVEN after removing it. What the heck did it do to the game's controls?

Removed old version

Cleaned my save

Got new version

Ran FNIS

No issues

Go in game

Start moving a bit then I can not use majority of the game's controls

Removed your mod

Still can't do anything

Tried a new game

Still nothing

Find an earlier save before installing the mod, see if that helps.

NOPE!

New NOPE!

Older save NOPE!

Nope! Nope! Nopidy nope nope nope!

Nothing.

And now I have the urge to kill something. Ah anger. :)

I-am-FUCKED-thank you OSA.

Sorry but OSA didn't break your game. You did that. OSA works perfectly fine for me and others as you can see.

Instead of spamming the topic with quoting yourself try to figure out what you messed up. :)

I saw, that "Less Intrusive Hud II" has a problem with your OSA Engine and just want to ask you, if you plan on or if it's even possible to make them compatible.

I think a lot of "StillSkyrimPlayers" are using this mod, because it provides best hud-modification out there.

It is possible to fix this incompatibility but it has to be done by author of Less Intrusive Hud II who as i understand it changed paths and created incompatibility.

After installing the mod I cannot move at all. Literally load my save and my character won't attack, move, fast travel you name it.

Whelp this is just FUCKING GREAT! Now I can NOT play Skyrim anymore because of your mod breaking it. I still can't move EVEN after removing it. What the heck did it do to the game's controls?

Removed old version

Cleaned my save

Got new version

Ran FNIS

No issues

Go in game

Start moving a bit then I can not use majority of the game's controls

Removed your mod

Still can't do anything

Tried a new game

Still nothing

Find an earlier save before installing the mod, see if that helps.

NOPE!

New NOPE!

Older save NOPE!

Nope! Nope! Nopidy nope nope nope!

Nothing.

And now I have the urge to kill something. Ah anger. :)

I-am-FUCKED-thank you OSA.

Wow...

Guess I dodged a bullet here then.

I would do the following in your situation (assuming you tried to install the mod manually). Uninstall the entire game (mods included), re-install the entire game (mods included... Ouch!), then start a new character. Sorry mate, but that's what I've had to do in the past when hitting a wall like this. It's the ONLY thing that worked.

As a side note, this is why it is ALWAYS important to make a backup of your entire data folder that you periodically update (with mods and everything), before installing anything you're unsure about. That way if something like this happens, you're at least prepared to make the process a little easier.

However, MAYBE someone on here might be able to help you figure out the issue, so I wouldn't go that rout just yet.

rtfm?

rtfm.

"Manual" too long, video better, video short and simple, explains shit better, faster.

Grog have short attention span.

Might be a good replacement for sexlab. If it has the required animation sets(foreplay , rape ...) and a good way to connect the sexlab's mod

Welcome to OSA - Skyrim Ascendancy Engine.

OSA is a framework that lets you create realistic looking scenes between actors (realistic movement, expressions, sounds, effects) and gives you full actor control like no other mod has ever done before. OSA is something new and not a replacement.

OSA is not  sex mod. OSA is not related to Sexlab. If you want to play Sexlab sex mods you need to go and install Sexlab framework that is required for those mods to play.

Only thing in common is they both use papyrusutil and mfg console.

OSA includes latest versions of both of them so its safe to overwrite those files if you want to use both OSA and Sexlab.

Osex is sex module (animations) powered by OSA. It includes some of the most realistic looking animations you have ever seen and is inspired by romance.

New modules can be easily created as shown in demonstration files.

Amorous Adventures is romance quest mod that is starting to use OSA and OSex animations to give you the most realistic romance and sex experience.

As OSA API grows and gives more power to developers - more cool things will be possible to create.

To see more about what OSA can do download and try all the demonstration files. To check what new animations were created by CEO check Osex + other OS content WIP thread.

Hi Blackhand,

You got the exact idea of those two things, that's exactly what they are for. Both are just smaller bonus systems but I think they can pretty good. I have a lot of armors too and wind up forgetting about some, spend a lot of time in console "help" > console "Equip" for npcs. Both are just small script that I tacked on since I had all the things in place but I hope it will be helpful for some.

I'll have a guide on MyEquip when I publish but to give you an idea:

<tier> are folders you can add as many as you like but they need to count up by one for each folder within a folder tier0 > tier1 > tier2

<entry> is the armor that gets equipped

• n=name (This doesn't have to be the exact name of the item in game)
  • t=additional line of text displayed at the bottom. For example if you have something in a lot of colors you can use this line to describe the color. (Or whatever you want)
  • fo= form id "last 6 digits that come up when you console the item, can drop off any zeroes to the left"
  • m= mod it's from
  • i= icon to use
  • s = slot (Skyrim.esm and some mod authors for boots especially like tacking on multiple slots, idk why, but just put the primary slot you feel for the item here, for example a cuirass with forearms, and calves selected just put 32. It doesn't matter as long as you enter at least one slot the item is associated with).
there's some style, color, halo stuff you can do too

animation works the same way but only needs  n="" and id=""  (instead of form, mod, slot)

<tier0>
          <tier1 n="Cuirass" i="ome_a_cuirass_m">
          <entry n="Iron Armor" t="" fo="12E49" m="skyrim.esm" s="32" i="ome_a_cuirass_m"/>
          <entry n="Banded Iron Armor" t="" fo="13948" m="skyrim.esm" s="32" i="ome_a_cuirass_m"/>
          </tier1>
</tier0>

actually now that I typed this up I'm just going to change <tier> to <folder> so it's clearer.

Would appreciate the help if you want to share xml for those mods once you complete them. The xml used in MyOSA i believe is very easy / straightforward but it still might be to much for a lot of users not familiar with things like that to generate on their own.

Hi I downloaded your stuff and I'm looking through it, seems pretty straightforward in the file structure and I'll give it a whirl going off the demo and comparing it to the Osex one as well.

I thinking I may be able to grab the form ID's and such using Tes5edit, though it will take a few days as my health is kinda borked at the moment and I fall asleep at random times.  

From what i saw there is a folder per class of item i.e. 1 for helms, boots, cuirass, gloves and so on. The tricky one i think are going to be the modular armours like Lustmord Vampire armour, as they have quite a bit more to them. Will keep you posted as to my progress 

Is OSA using the Papyrus Utilities from Sexlab?  That is actually the newest version.  If it is the one from Nexus then the mod author recommends letting Sexlab overwrite.  

It is using version 3.2 (latest on nexus and on LL). Not sure where you get the info that the one in Sexlab is newer one but if it is then you can safely overwrite the one from OSA.

Well, the Osex part then :P

Still not a replacement but something new instead. :P

Kinda managed it, and i like the UI, but.. how to select yourself and the actor you want to play with? also, there's some 'plugins' list.. someone says 'nexus', what's that?

In latest version things require a bit of setup:

1. You need to press NumEnter to open major menu. If it doesnt open save the game load it and try to open it again.

2. Go to library to see what modules you have installed. At the moment you can have Demo and Osex.

3. Go to Osex and on new menu go to keybinding

4. Select option for binding and big white circle will show up at the center of the screen.

5. Press any key you want. (Example: Num0) This key will be used for starting Osex module.

Now all you need to do is exit that menu by pressing numEnter again then target some NPC and press Num0

(the key you set in step 5).

- But, Mister Kinky, what if i dont have a numpad?

Press and hold F8 for 5 seconds and it will rebind keys like this:

D(irection)pad = WASD,

YES = Q,

NO = E.

Menu = Left shift.

OK so after screwing around I found the issues and got things working...somewhat. But I cannot still see any UI for OSA/OSEX. So if I press enter I do not have a menu appearing, if I press num 0 nothing happens. Yet if I hit num 3, the free cam activates. So Its somewhat functional but idk what's going on with the lack of functionality. Do I just get the test versions of both OSA and OSEX or do I need older files from OSEX and overwrite them with the test files to get the menu to appear?

Kinda managed it, and i like the UI, but.. how to select yourself and the actor you want to play with? also, there's some 'plugins' list.. someone says 'nexus', what's that?

In latest version things require a bit of setup:

1. You need to press NumEnter to open major menu. If it doesnt open save the game load it and try to open it again.

2. Go to library to see what modules you have installed. At the moment you can have Demo and Osex.

3. Go to Osex and on new menu go to keybinding

4. Select option for binding and big white circle will show up at the center of the screen.

5. Press any key you want. (Example: Num0) This key will be used for starting Osex module.

Managed to make it work. The only thing i can say is: Simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. This is clearly the future for Skyrim Animations. Excellent work guys.

It is using version 3.2 (latest on nexus and on LL). Not sure where you get the info that the one in Sexlab is newer one but if it is then you can safely overwrite the one from OSA.

From here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58705/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D58705%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D2161879&pUp=1

exiledviper 

The version in the most recent SL is newer than this one currently. There isn't any major or necessary changes between it and the current release though. I'm debating whether or not to just release the one from SL as 3.3 or work on some other additions first.

SL should preferably overwrite this for now, but there shouldn't be any problems that I can think off right now if this overwrites SL instead. Once this is updated to 3.3 however, than this should overwrite SL.

He says that it shouldn't be a problem; but in case it is, I just wanted to let you know. 

OK so after screwing around I found the issues and got things working...somewhat. But I cannot still see any UI for OSA/OSEX. So if I press enter I do not have a menu appearing, if I press num 0 nothing happens. Yet if I hit num 3, the free cam activates. So Its somewhat functional but idk what's going on with the lack of functionality. Do I just get the test versions of both OSA and OSEX or do I need older files from OSEX and overwrite them with the test files to get the menu to appear?

See when you are done with everything you will have perfect OSA instalation :D

Now when you are no longer spamming the forums in rage and yelling how OSA broke your game let me give you a hand at solving some issues that you got yourself into.

First of all check that OSA.esm.

Its master file so it should be somewhere at the top and not last thing in your load order. Run Loot to sort your load order better. Make sure you dont have some mod that is using same hotkeys that OSA is using (Numpad 7 8 9 4 5 6 , Enter + -) Free cam from num3 is, i think, sexlab function.

Next check my post just above yours about - how to setup things.

My one hang up with trying this and Osex out is whether or not it will work with the sex mods I already have installed that use SexLab as their framework. If there was a way to allow them to work with these frameworks I would be more interested in using this framework, because I really like the concept.

Yay, it's released! 

I already started tinkering with it a bit, so I already have some more technical questions. 

Is there gonna be some more information coming that goes more into detail about the technical stuff?

For start ask what you would like to know. :) Im sure CEO will give you all technical info you need.

My one hang up with trying this and Osex out is whether or not it will work with the sex mods I already have installed that use SexLab as their framework. If there was a way to allow them to work with these frameworks I would be more interested in using this framework, because I really like the concept.

Sexlab based mods will not work with OSA. As i said OSA is not a replacement for Sexlab. OSA based mods will work with OSA.

If you have some favourite mod try to ask mod author to create OSA version. It really isnt that difficult to do.

It took few days for FoxFingers to create working OSA version of Amorous Adventures.

Brilliant work CEO and Team! Really I have no words... 

Btw. how do I exit/end scene? I'm trying to hit binded key, but scene do not end as it was in previous version.

It should be the same as before - Numpad period by default.

If you started NPC on NPC scene then you will have to inspect and observe them in order to end the scene.

For example a list of all the different shortcuts in the .xmls, unless it already exists and I didn't see it.

I can guess what some of them do or mean and I'm sure it saves alot of time once you know them all. But it's difficult to figure out when a lot of them are just single letters >.<