OSA | Skyrim Ascendancy Engine

So, I have got a few questions. Firstly Can I get a rough idea on how script heavy is this mod? And secondly I want to use this with sexlab, so what about the SLAL animations? Is it compatible?

Light, doesn't use papyrus.

Yes, you can use it with SL without problems.

No, SLAL animation as said by it's name is for SL only

ok thank you

Really an amazing job you did there. Used it today for the first time, and apart from some scaling issues its great. (I use player.setscale 0.94 on my pc, which made the 0sa scale the PC way bigger than it shouldve been. Setting Scale to 1 and using Racemenus "Height" Option in Body Scales resolved that, however SLab Height adjustment doesnt work then :/ )

Sadly I haven't got a NUM-pad. Is it possible to change the keymapping except for the ingame menu?

I tried mapping my gamepad to the NUM-pad keys, but sadly couldn't get NUM-enter to work...

Also I'm not sure if OSA even works, because I tried installing it on the "Enderal" total-conversion.

Thanks for your help!

Really an amazing job you did there. Used it today for the first time, and apart from some scaling issues its great. (I use player.setscale 0.94 on my pc, which made the 0sa scale the PC way bigger than it shouldve been. Setting Scale to 1 and using Racemenus "Height" Option in Body Scales resolved that, however SLab Height adjustment doesnt work then :/ )

Scaling issues should be fixed in next release.

Sadly I haven't got a NUM-pad. Is it possible to change the keymapping except for the ingame menu?

I tried mapping my gamepad to the NUM-pad keys, but sadly couldn't get NUM-enter to work...

Also I'm not sure if OSA even works, because I tried installing it on the "Enderal" total-conversion.

Thanks for your help!

Read install instructions from my signature.

Good Job! Its amazing But I hope the next update for OSA comes out soon, this version keeps causing crashes at random points in my game. I look at my papyrus and I get a massive page of errors from OSA. I usually fix this by reinstalling the mod or running  save cleaners but this happens at least 3 to 4 times in a play session. I never had this issue with 1.6. Here is an example of one of the 100+ errors they all look similar to this.

stack:

<unknown self>.osa.IsAllowed() - "OSA.psc" Line 296
<unknown self>._oglobal.checkActra() - "_oGlobal.psc" Line 849
<unknown self>.osa.setActors() - "OSA.psc" Line 267
[0SA (1A000D62)]._oOmni.OnStartModuleUI() - "<savegame>" Line ?
[08/10/2016 - 11:56:49PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp26"

Hopefully I am not the only one getting this issue and hopefully this can be fixed soon!
Sorry if i have any stupidity in this comment I was dropped when i was a baby. 

-Thanks

Good Job! Its amazing But I hope the next update for OSA comes out soon, this version keeps causing crashes at random points in my game. I look at my papyrus and I get a massive page of errors from OSA. I usually fix this by reinstalling the mod or running  save cleaners but this happens at least 3 to 4 times in a play session. I never had this issue with 1.6. Here is an example of one of the 100+ errors they all look similar to this.

stack:

[08/10/2016 - 11:56:49PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp26"

Hopefully I am not the only one getting this issue and hopefully this can be fixed soon!

-Thanks

Did you completely clean 1.6 from your game save before installing 1.084J?

stack:

-Thanks

Did you completely clean 1.6 from your game save before installing 1.084J?

Yes I did, I went on the nexus and installed the 1.85 beta and now the issue stopped. If you see anyone with a similar issue route them to the beta if they have the skill to clean there saves. 

-Thanks for the help though migal you help many on this forum!

So I'm trying to noodle through how this framework works and I was trying to insert a basic combat animation to play using the Poser Module as a template. The menu file structure works fine and the option shows up in the same menu as poses. However, no animation is tied to it.

I'm assuming this has something to do with either:

A. I don't understand how the file structure is defined for the animations. Obviously the IDs are defined in the .xml, but is the file path inferred?

B. Default combat animations can't be used as idles and need to be redefined as such using other things such as FNIS which I haven't looked into at all yet.

On top of that I'm wondering if I were to make sure animations work using the simple interface provided by the framework in the same way Poser Module does, then move on to attempt to create a Module of my own that uses the scene structure, would it work the same way or do the animations need to be completely different to be used in scenes?

I know nothing about making animations so I was hoping to get away with using vanilla animations in order to play out "fake" fight scenes using OSA. If there's anything I need to do to the base files before they're usable, please let me know!

Thanks for all your hard work and continued support!

I removed the old version, installed the new one with OSA and OSex, started a new save and I keep getting "OSA installation error, could not boot OSA UI... see the OSA troubleshooting FAQ. Code: UIconlflict01". I disabled all the mods that could possibly conflict with the OSA ui but still I keep getting the error message and I can't find the troubleshooting faq anywhere.

Hi Eio,

That means you have a mod that has certain files that mess up Skyrim UI installed. I'll post that section of the FAQ here since I haven't posted it anywhere officially yet:

--------------------------------------------

There are some detrimental UI files that mods in the past have used which make Skyrim's UI unable to find files (They changed the relative directory from what vanilla uses). For a lot of UI mods this doesn't matter since they are not using the directory to find files. OSA however does this need connected properly.

If you are having this error it means you have one of the following 2 files which are known to mess up how the UI works: hud_menu.gfx or hud_menu.swf. You will have to find and remove these from your Skyrim Install to have OSA work/

They will be located in your data/interface folder in Skyrim. It's possible that even if you removed these UI mods that they are still present in that folder:

If you do not see those files in your data/interface folder then those files might also be being used by a currently active mod that has them hidden in a BSA. A BSA is a way of packing mods where the files are compressed and opened only by Skyrim when you turn it on without actually placing files in directories.

To stop this you will have to disable mods by playing hot and cold (mainly one's you suspect are UI related) until OSA is able to start properly. SKYUI is always fine and you don't have to worry about turning that one off.

The known culprits so far are:

-Less Intrusive Hud II

-Scope Bows

-Colorful Map Markers

-SIM - Skyrim Interface Makeover for SkyUI

THANK YOU. i can live without scoped bows :)

I really feel like I've looked out in regards to controliing OSA, I only use a controller for SKyrim. Just chilled out in comfort playing on my TV.

In Normal Skyrim you can't use a keyboard and controller at the same time :(

But OSA by some fabulous voodoo magic lets me do just that! So I play the game on controller, and then hit left-shift on my keyboard and can now control OSA with just WASD+ other nearby keys. As a seasoned WoW player this is especially easy to do, with full control using even just my left hand. U git me dawg? :blush:

So yeah I guess the point of my post is, please don't lose this dual-control functionality, it's brilliant! Thanks. :D

I could have missed someone else asking this, but would something like this be possible with Fallout 4? I understand some things have been changed between Fallout 4 and Skyrim. 

The reason I ask is because, while SL is amazing and all, I think having a mod like this back in '12 or '13 would have drastically changed the type of mods we've seen in Skyrim so far. 

I could have missed someone else asking this, but would something like this be possible with Fallout 4?

It's possible but modders have to get a better handle on getting new animations into FO4 first and the Script Extender for FO4 needs to catch up with SKSE.  OSA also makes use of certain SKSE add-on plugins (DLL files) that don't currently exist for FO4.

Long story short, FO4 is not yet mature enough as a modding platform.

Looking for a good body preset that lines up better with the animations. Currently I'm just using UUNP with the UNP preset. Would really like to have access to OSbody (or OSmenu or whatever it ends up being named) but, as I am sure the author is very busy. Can someone recommend a good choice in the meantime?

Edit: Apparently I asked this before, and the animations aren't bad, they just don't look nearly as good as the videos and I'd like to try and get as close as possible. So thanks for any recomendations. 

One of my all-time favorite mods! *super thumbs up* The potential alone for this is ridiculous and I hope the framework has a long and fulfilling career. :D

I'm still trying to puzzle out a couple things. I know profiles require writing an xml. Is it the same for persona? Also where would said xml go for the framework to call it? I couldn't quite figure out the folder architecture yet. Also unsure of where the ESG documentation is. I recall seeing something about it on the blog but there was no link beneath the : I understand you're working on documentation so I'll try to be patient :blush: I do think I'm getting a memory leak or some such thing. I'd been running it for a while and fps was getting gradually choppier. I'm guessing virtual memory or some other computer magic was filling up. My computer overall was doing fine and basically restarting the client seemed to fix it.

So:

1. How to Persona

2. How to ESG

3. Memory leak? (Edit: Also using Poser module if that could be causing it)

(Mod Organizer1.3.11:OSA Beta version 1.085/OSex 1.084J/FNIS 6.2/)

I'm also hybridized between NMM and Mod Org so could also be issues there. I solved one problem of UI not showing by putting OSA in MO instead of NMM. Not so concerned about the memory leak but would like documentation assistance/guidance. I heart customization *squee*

Thank you for your patience I'm more of a scrub than I would like to admit. Please, please, please keep up the good work.

3. Memory leak? (Edit: Also using Poser module if that could be causing it)

Concerning what you think of as a memory leak:

1.  Do you have autosave turned on and if so, have you checked the size of your game save files?

2.  Do you have papyrus logging enabled and if so, have you checked the size of your papyrus logs?

Yes and autosave @3:43 6.5mb, autosave @4:12 40mb

Hm 1.5mb papyrus0, 1-3 are 400kb.

Both those things are why your game is slowing down. Know that we are aware of these issues and are working on them.

You are 100% certain you have cleaned the old OSex 1.06 from your game saves, correct? We know that not doing so can cause these issues (although other things can also cause these issues).

I could have missed someone else asking this, but would something like this be possible with Fallout 4?

It's possible but modders have to get a better handle on getting new animations into FO4 first and the Script Extender for FO4 needs to catch up with SKSE.  OSA also makes use of certain SKSE add-on plugins (DLL files) that don't currently exist for FO4.

Long story short, FO4 is not yet mature enough as a modding platform.

Thanks for the reply. I figured Fallout 4 was still a year or so away from the LoversLab front, but it's nice to hear that there is a possibility of this being possible on Fallout 4 and [more importantly] TES:VI when it finally releases in a few years. 

I actually prefer Fallout (not Fallout 4) to TES, but TES seems much better off in terms of the good stuff *wink wink, nudge nudge*

I actually prefer Fallout (not Fallout 4) to TES, but TES seems much better off in terms of the good stuff *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Adult mods for Oblivion made adult mods for Skyrim look like a joke during Skyrim's first year. It just takes time until a tipping point is reached where the entire community has contributed enough key elements.