OSA | Skyrim Ascendancy Engine

It's something that is clearely out of my reach but, just to talk:

Thinking a bit around OSA applications, What about a combat mod?

Something like a trigger in combat that start a choreographic duel between the PC and one NPC.

Like a single exchange of blows (like slow motion similar to Ryse), a killmove or a whole 'turn based' fight.

I want to underline that this is not a request, just a talk about the possible application... the Osa seem capable to manage something similar, in fact, I think that is exactly one of the things that could manage.

Any thoughts about?

Something like a trigger in combat that start a choreographic duel between the PC and one NPC.

Like a single exchange of blows (like slow motion similar to Ryse), a killmove or a whole 'turn based' fight.

I want to underline that this is not a request, just a talk about the possible application... the Osa seem capable to manage something similar, in fact, I think that is exactly one of the things that could manage.

Any thoughts about?

I think its already being worked on.

Any thoughts about?

I think its already being worked on.

Bhoff! Topic killed even before start, guess why most people ask only about installation problem! :P

Ghgh Joke apart: tnx for the info.

Bhoff! Topic killed even before start, guess why most people ask only about installation problem! :P

Ghgh Joke apart: tnx for the info.

Im not sure whats the progress on that though. Supertin had some combad ideas and mentioned that he will show what he is working on when he has something to show. Idk what Chesko has in mind (if that was him few pages ago).

Wow I'm so lucky, found this mod yesterday, immediately recognised its quality and had to have it. Was Sad to lose Less Intrusive Hud 2 though....

And then  today you release a compatible beta. Amazing, I can  confirm the BETA appears to achieve this flawlessly, thanks so much.

Is there any cum effect like there is with sexlab? Also npc's dont fully redress after animations is over. How do i stop that?

OSA is the framework for mods like 0sex. Questions about cum effects and other 0sex-related stuff should be asked in the 0sex forum. And no, orgasms aren't implemented yet. 

Are personas in the mod yet?

My character/targets persona menus are empty so I figured out I had to create some somehow but I can't figure out how?

I've said so before but your mod is shaping up to become the greatest thing ever, even the UI is more functional that everything I've seen made in Skyrim before.

I'm getting some issues with the crosshair targeting though, characters that I put into the male or female slots seem to get dupliacted in the character list. Another issue is that reloading the game makes me unable to re-select those characters until I restart the game.

I would like to add a suggestion here if anyone is willing to do it. We could have a module similar to the Poser Module by Morra but for applying Facial Expressions, using the mfg console thing. Like a menu with some emotions / expressions to select for and once you click it they apply to the current selected person 0SA is dealing with.

Are personas in the mod yet?

My character/targets persona menus are empty so I figured out I had to create some somehow but I can't figure out how?

I've said so before but your mod is shaping up to become the greatest thing ever, even the UI is more functional that everything I've seen made in Skyrim before.

I'm getting some issues with the crosshair targeting though, characters that I put into the male or female slots seem to get dupliacted in the character list. Another issue is that reloading the game makes me unable to re-select those characters until I restart the game.

So why Don't i have any Persona's is it mean't to be like this???

I believe there are Personas there but they are categorized as adult persona's pertaining to romance and sex so they are hidden by Purity Mode. You can turn off Purity Mode in the Config > General panel to have OSA display configuration and display of adult themed settings. In 1.08 Persona is still weighted towards Intimacy due to be developing OSA side by side with OSex. It will be expanding to all content in 1.09 but just for the time being it's heavier on intimacy stuff. 

Main reason for Purity Mode was so the pure can use OSA without being hit with cock scale measurements and such.

I have a very silly and simple question, but can't test in game for a day or two, and it's nagging at  my brain;

When choosing options, it's on or off. One is a plain white circle, clicking it, it gets a big pink circle around it.

Is the option ON when its white, or On when its got the big pink circle?

Dumb question I know, sorry.

EDIT: Plain White is Off, coloured Circle is on, many thanks for the answer!

(didn't want to clutter up the thread with a "thanks" post.

I have a very silly and simple question, but can't test in game for a day or two, and it's nagging at  my brain;

When choosing options, it's on or off. One is a plain white circle, clicking it, it gets a big pink circle around it.

Thick Pink Circle = On, Thin White = Off

Technically Pink is whatever your theme color is set to. Pink is default.

Thick Pink Circle = On, Thin White = Off

Technically Pink is whatever your theme color is set to. Pink is default.

Why you people hate so much the colorblinds? Really, it's quite disturbing XD

CEO,

where your mod store position of GUI? If you make savegame with position shifted to the left, nothing will help to restore proper position.

I tried to remove mod, make clean save, but after I load OSA again, GUI is shifted.

I'm looking into the bug and others are reporting it but I'm not quite sure the cause at this time. OSA bases positioning entirely on screen width + height of the skyrim UI scaleform. From those points it starts at the bottom left (for navigation) and bottom right (for main menu) and builds inwards and up so in theory the menu should always be rooted on the corners and visible.

I believe the conflict is elsewhere and related to something with SKYUI assigning the X Y coordinates of OSA. I'm not saying it's SKYUi's fault because it's a bug that started happening in recent versions of OSA and is most likely just a chain of events making some kind of delay or something starting to early or to late in the order I'm booting things up. I'll keep working on this and hopefully come up with a solution. I'm thinking SkyUI is saving the X Y coordinates as properties for the menu in the UI script as something incorrect which is why this is happening. I'll play with it some like pre filling those in as 0,0 an see if that fixes it in the next round.

Some users have requested a movable UI for VR. It's my understanding having the UI on the corners is hard to see and interact with for VR so I'll see what I can do to make it movable. This wouldn't be a fix however to the issue you mentioned since it's being placed incorrectly by something I haven't identified yet. 

CEO,

If nobody noticed yet, the problem with GUI shift to left occurs after you load savegame second time.
Because my old save crashes during load sometimes, I have found that if I load fresh game save and then my save, it loads always without crash. This is probably related to load order or something.

Anyway, if I load game for the first time, OSA GUI position is fine, but when I load my or probably any other save again, GUI is shifted to the left.
I hope this will give you some more clues...

Tested with 185Beta release and 184J OSEX.

Anyway, if I load game for the first time, OSA GUI position is fine, but when I load my or probably any other save again, GUI is shifted to the left.
I hope this will give you some more clues...

You're just getting lucky.  Trust me, the UI can shift left on a new game, an old save game, a LAL start and by using COC to a cell directly from the starting menu.  That last one is what you should do if you want to avoid game load CTDs.  Just console COC riverwood or COC qasmoke from the starting menu, then load the save you want to play.  Avoids the CTD every time.

The frequent left-shifting UI was introduced when OSex was split into OSex and OSA, which also introduced another right menu (the main OSA menu).  I find it hard to believe that's coincidence.  It might not be the existence of the new main menu that causes it.  But, it has to be something done relevant to the UI during that version change, because I never saw it before.

Oh Lordy they're not competitors, they're complimentary -I'm very happy to use both.

SL is way too vast and organically modded into peoples games. Maybe in 5 years, but we'll all be playing TES VI then anyhoo :P

More than enough pervs here to justify two sex mods, i reckon!

Oh Lordy they're not competitors, they're complimentary -I'm very happy to use both.

SL is way too vast and organically modded into peoples games. Maybe in 5 years, but we'll all be playing TES VI then anyhoo :P

More than enough pervs here to justify two sex mods, i reckon!

I like your positive attitude.  But, saying OSA and SL don't compete with each other is like saying two house mods don't compete with each other because you can have them both in the same game.  Of course they compete with each other.  They're animation frameworks.

I'm not suggesting anyone should stop using SL, or that anyone should choose OSA over SL, or that people shouldn't use both of them.  I'm just saying, SL's creator is the one who decides whether or not OSA gets its own subforum like SL.  It was brought to the attention of moderators around a month ago and there is been no action taken.  We know Ashal saw the request, because someone took a screenshot that shows him browsing the thread.

So, I have got a few questions. Firstly Can I get a rough idea on how script heavy is this mod? And secondly I want to use this with sexlab, so what about the SLAL animations? Is it compatible?

Light, doesn't use papyrus.

Yes, you can use it with SL without problems.

No, SLAL animation as said by it's name is for SL only