Disabling Half-dragon race special effects

I've recently downloaded the half-dragon race mod from nexus. Beautiful race, great looks and features... but it seems either the author decided to make them extra fancy, or I'm having a very weird mod conflict. 

Whenever I do a foreward power attack, I get a weird "dusty boom" sound, and a spell effect that resembles tattered cloth of some sort flying past. Whenever I hit an enemy, I get that same boom, and some sort of weird black necrotic effect and either a burst of birds or bats. 

Normally, I'd post this on nexus... but the author decided to not allow comments. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated!

post-321-0-72215000-1467977310_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-95521700-1467977320_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-61859100-1467977329_thumb.jpg

Well that's not good.... I'm gonna have to fiddle around and see if any other race has the problem. I'm wondering if the half-dragon follower mod adds or overrides anything in it. Will test later tonight.

Edit: Seems to be only this race, and only seems to happen with one-handed maces/blunt weapons far as I can tell for the swing effect, but all weapons for the hit. 

Finally gave up, and got the bright idea to just copy the half-dragon's textures to the custom nord from custom races. Worked wonderfully... except somehow during the transition, the body went from smooth and dry, to wet and sweaty. Lovely XD

Archived