sonicomi nude mod

HITDAMAN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd do it myself if I knew a way of making npk files. Unfortunately, none of the npk unpacking utilities I tried had packing capability. So if somebody knows or happens to come across a program or method for creating npk archives, send me a PM and I'll get working on the nude mod right away.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There is a way to unpack and pack the games .npk files. The software is this: https://github.com/morkt/GARbro and it works for some people (not me.) A dude in another forum was able to replace the babydoll costume with this and now I can finally play this the way it was intended. Yet I wish someone could replace something more useful like a bikini so that you can mix and match clothes. It's a start and maybe this will help someone here.

post-65218-0-88409400-1486394563_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

There is a way to unpack and pack the games .npk files. The software is this: https://github.com/morkt/GARbro and it works for some people (not me.) A dude in another forum was able to replace the babydoll costume with this and now I can finally play this the way it was intended. Yet I wish someone could replace something more useful like a bikini so that you can mix and match clothes. It's a start and maybe this will help someone here.

attachicon.giftest2.jpg

Is there a link for this? Or a how to?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm working on a mesh overhaul for this game, but there's a bit of a snag with re-converting meshes to Nitroplus's mdl file type. I was able to hex-edit out the pants from the Bondage outfit though, and the file is over at https://www.undertow.club/threads/sonicomi-communication-with-sonico.9185/page-3#post-165601

I wasn't sure if the folks over there would be alright with me putting a file here that had some of their changes, so for now, I'll keep the archive over at Undertow.

SC1.jpg

Just a heads up to anyone who's interested - I'm making some pretty solid progress on mesh conversions. Aside from a few bone weighting issues, the bondage outfit is basically finished. Depending on where Sonico has her arms, there are some weird skin spikes coming out of her butt and through her stomach, but I should have those figured out soon.

I'll be doing as many of the outfit sets as I can, but progress has been really slow. Hex editing meshes is a terrible experience, but hopefully someone will make good use of this.

Also, here's some info for anyone interested in doing some mesh edits:

In case anyone wants to try editing some models, here's everything I'm using. I don't want to keep this secret all to myself.
Archive unpacking: GarBro Releases · morkt/GARbro · GitHub - use the .exe version
Mesh editing: HxD HxD Hex Editor
Previewing meshes so I don't have to load the game every 10 seconds: 3D Object Converter 3D Object Converter - If you use this, you can use the Draw menu to show vertices and the wireframe, so you can see if you missed something somewhere. If there's anything out of place, it'll cause issues in-game. It can convert .mdl files to .obj, but unfortunately, there is no conversion back to .mdl. I'm talking with the original developer of it, and looking through some information he sent me, to see if I can streamline this process a bit. 

And a few tricks I've learned over the past couple days:
- You can add more meshes to a single mesh file by adding a CLSN reference and the MESH vertex data/texture mapping. So far, I've only been able to copy and paste from other existing meshes, but it's good enough for now.
- NEVER delete or add new vertex data. Instead, find a different vertex with a location that's nearby (or replace everything with 0's), and overwrite the location info. If you change the data size for mesh vertex info, it won't load. But if you have a ton of vertices sitting at 00-00-00..., then it'll usually be fine.
- In the .mdl file, in the hex editor, each vertex ends with FF FF FF FF in hex, or ÿÿÿÿ in the viewer. Changing these seems to do nothing, but the two hex sets right before the FF's are the z-coordinates of the vertex. Make it bigger to move it up, or smaller to move it down. I haven't had consistent results on what the other hex sets are for, but if I find out, I'll let everyone know.

Capt058.thumb.png.bc2e123b1ed4105c21dfbe987ef1833b.png

Capt063.thumb.png.52048290c55237ee231197a964b3f4be.png

particle.zip

• 1 month later...

A quick update for anyone who's interested in these mods:

I'm making some good progress on a full nude mod for Sonico.  I have to figure out how spec and normal maps are handled by these terrible file types, but I'm getting there. Don't mind the scarecrow legs - it has to be that way to attach the nude body to other models without a ton of clipping.

BackProgress1.thumb.jpg.08dc0dd450642fefc80395dcb0a4a012.jpg

FrontProgress1.thumb.jpg.86770f460d1dd7cf863f5e73e0527d3a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I thought this game would never get modded but lo and behold our dead president came back to the realm of the living to do god's work. Hallelujah!

I'm pretty shit at art in general and at best I have the competency of a script kiddie with code so I doubt I'd be much help but if there's anything a peasant like me can do be sure to hit me up Abe.

Archived