D_ManXX2 Lovers with pk animation/ replacers W.I.P

!! Remember, numbers 1 to 200 are human-human animations.

Do not use numbers above 200. That are creatures-human animations.

If you ever want to install new creatures animations.

You must overwrite existing animations ( most creatures have no free/empty animation numbers)

Installation nearly the same:

ini in the data\ini folder

The 4 human kf files ( the ..._DefMotion...  files) in the data\meshes\charcters\_male\idleanims\ani2  folder.

The 4 creatures kf files  ( the ..._OffMotion... files) in the data\meshes\creatures\   folder, in each creatures folder is a ani2 folder ( e.g. data\meshes\creatures\horse\IdleAnims\ani2 )

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As all animation, the ini in data\ini  folder

The 8 KF files in data\meshes\charcters\_male\idleanims\ani2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the ani number is already used you can rename the animations ( if you don't want to  overwrite the existing ani )

example:

If the files have numer 57 ( 57_OffMotionx0.kf,..... to 58_DefMotionx3.kf )

You choose a not used number  or a ani you don't like. If you want to use number 128 you rename the ini to

128_Motion.ini

Then open the ini and change the line

set xLoversPkrQuest.umid to 100057

to

set xLoversPkrQuest.umid to 100128

And rename the 8 kf files to

128_OffMotionx0.kf,... to 128_DefMotionx3.kf

I can't for the life of me get these steps to work right. I drag the .kf files to the ani2 folder, then the .ini into the ini folder, I then give each .ini a .umid similar to what you've listed (e.g. anim 177 has 100177 as .umid), but in-game the animations are broken.

It recognizes they're there in the console ( I can press the "~" key and see the animation is supposed to be playing), but they don't display as they should. Either a stock-animation from LAPF plays, or none at all (it looks really messed up, no alignment and incorrect animations for both actors).

Is there something else I should remove? It feels like something that'd go wrong in Skyrim if FNIS wasn't updated after installing new animations, but of course-- I think Oblivion is different. So I don't understand why these animations aren't displaying correctly. Any ideas?

No , only rename.

You have a animation: the ini and 4 deff and 4 off kf files ( all with the same number! do not use a ini from another ani or mix the kf files)

Then you rename the ini, and the 8 kf files. And in the ini the umid number.

Then you copy the ini in data\ini and the kf files in data\meshes\charcters\_male\idleanims\ani2

Or if it is a creatures ani the 4 Def kf files in data\meshes\charcters\_male\idleanims\ani2  and the OFF kf in data\meshes\creatures\  creatures name \ani2

EDIT: What ani do you want to install?

• 5 months later...

Bump - I found out why the animations weren't behaving properly. They were being redirected with MAO to a copy of the ani2 folder, which has .kf files, that don't correspond with the new .ini files. So after copying the .kf files to the ani2 folder inside MAO the animations play correctly.

MAO directory -> Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Mayu's Projects[M]\Animation Overhaul\Vanilla\Idleanims\ani2

Default Directory -> Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\Idleanims\ani2

MAO redirects animations for npcs, so the player can have unique animations. The problem occurred when I went to replace, or add an animation into the player-only directory instead of both. I think they still need to be in both ani2 folders since the player will have to use ani2 as well I think. Thank you for your help!