Enderal compatibility

learnedcock

Soo.. Anyone knows how to make sexlab working with enderal? Made a clean skyrim reinstall with enderal and MO and i can change between skyrim and enderal but on enderal when a scene starts the screens goes black and i can only hear the sounds..

Have the same Problem...no more ideas. Does someone know where this comes from?

console -> "teofis"

• 3 months later...

Soo.. Anyone knows how to make sexlab working with enderal? Made a clean skyrim reinstall with enderal and MO and i can change between skyrim and enderal but on enderal when a scene starts the screens goes black and i can only hear the sounds..

Have the same Problem...no more ideas. Does someone know where this comes from?

console -> "teofis"

Have been pulling my hair out with this for about a day and half, multiple interwebs searches and just found this! heart.gif biggrin.png laugh.png cool.gif ! Brilliant!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/6/2017 at 4:12 AM, Booma said:

console -> "teofis"

Well, there for a while I was finally doing it with the SexLab animations that were compatibilities mods with Enderal, but they are few. But I talked with one of the team members a while back (6 months ago) and they were adding a few animations at a time. Takes a while to get in touch with the mod-maker to get their permission to make it compatible for Enderal and to work without going black. I have now played Sexlab anims and they have not gone black unless they were scenes that called for it to do so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems that with the release of their new DLC: Forgotten Stories, a bunch of mods have become incompatible, some partially and some completely. 

Defeat for instance now only works with the player as the aggressor, but any input to activate the victim options don't work, surrendering doesn't work, nor do you get knocked out by enemies to trigger these options. 

• 3 weeks later...

From what I can tell sexlabs GetGender() doesn't work properly for me in Enderal Forgotten Stories.

For me basically it always returns male no mater what sex the actor is.

I modded the jap approach and added gender prefs to MCM..

But when I added my gender pref code to the existing jap approach code it didn't quite work like it did in SSE or Oldrim
I tracked it to jap approach using sexlab GetGender() and it was always returning male no matter the sex.

What also doesn't help is Enderal removing just about every common know faction..
So loading a mod that has for example properties or conditions pointing to known factions like JarlFaction, DissmissedFollowerFaction, CurrentFollowerFaction, etc..
They are now pointing to the wrong form types or nulled as they can't be resolved.
When i say wrong form type I mean a Faction pointing to an object reference like a tree in the game world.
Which in turn will cause mystery CTD's

Same goes for any mod that depend on generic dialogue and common shared dialogue (eg: Ok, Of coarse, Sure, I understand, Maybe you can help me, etc...).
Keep in mind a lot of dialouge depenant mods usually had specific branch/topics for known actors like Cicero, meeko, serana, vex.. etc.
Now those dialogues will also cause grief if they are pointing to an actor id that no longer exists in Skyrim.esm

Sexlab itself is fine as it is standalone as in it does not depend on the base game forms in conditions or propeties.
Aroused seems fine also as it doesn't seem to depend on base game forms in conditions and properties..

I can see why Enderal ripped so much of the unused out, but reality is it's just made things harder to convert mods for.
Simplicity is if they had left the old unused forms intact most mods would work strait out of the box with a very mild update.
As it is now modders need to go through every f'n condition on dialouge, scenes, packages and anything else..

In most cases making it easier to rewrite the whole mod from scratch.

Enderal, lovely game, bloody horrible modding for me so far.
So far I have rewritten my own personal mods like iWant and Tag Along..
So my mod list is basically a shell of what I use to use in skyrim.

Sexlab
SLAL with about 10 or so Animation packs (no creature animations).
FNIS
Aroused
Approach (Jap -> English tranlated, removed dlc dependencies, all broken dialouge, properties and conditions removed and all script properties reassigned).
SoS Full
SoS various dicks with enderal patches
CBBE using HDT

Racemenu

XPMSE
iWant (personal Spawner Mover mod)
Tag Along (personal 128 npc framework, recruit anything, follow, relax, wait, come here, home, sleep, work day or night)

I haven't added sl creatures as I really don't feel like going through the headache of the existing creature framework and it's dependancies.
Since more nasty creatures adds dependency on skyrim dg, db dlc.

While playing the game works fine, loading a save while already in a game works fine..
But exit the game and then start the game and try and load a save or continue, CTD..
Start new game, and then load a the save that wouldn't load and all is good.

So I gather there's something still in my mods that's not quite clean...

But tracking it is almost impossible due to Enderal is bloody finicky on loading a save even with just adding an empty esp..

Love the Enderal world and it's characters, modding it is another story all together.
Can see that mods for it are almost dormant as it is atm and I can definitely see why.

19 hours ago, smashly said:

While playing the game works fine, loading a save while already in a game works fine..
But exit the game and then start the game and try and load a save or continue, CTD..
Start new game, and then load a the save that wouldn't load and all is good.

So I gather there's something still in my mods that's not quite clean...

But tracking it is almost impossible due to Enderal is bloody finicky on loading a save even with just adding an empty esp..

Fix for that has long been available. 

First the easy workaround that was used before the fix.  When you start the game and get to the load screen, instead of loading a save open the console and "coc <cellname>" to some location that's safe to go to and easy to type.  Then open the menu and load the Save.

Fix is available here:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/56084-crash-fixes/ also other fixes you might need are also discussed there.

Not an Enderal specific patch but won't have any Skyrim specific prerequisites so it should solve the same game engine problem for Enderal that it does for Skyrim.  Unless of course you are using SE which is why I also noted the workaround though I don't know if SE has this problem in the first place.

13 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

Fix for that has long been available. 

First the easy workaround that was used before the fix.  When you start the game and get to the load screen, instead of loading a save open the console and "coc <cellname>" to some location that's safe to go to and easy to type.  Then open the menu and load the Save.

Fix is available here:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/56084-crash-fixes/ also other fixes you might need are also discussed there.

Not an Enderal specific patch but won't have any Skyrim specific prerequisites so it should solve the same game engine problem for Enderal that it does for Skyrim.  Unless of course you are using SE which is why I also noted the workaround though I don't know if SE has this problem in the first place.

Thank You for taking the time..

Yep this is Oldrim not SSE.

Enderal Forgotten Stories already ships with the Crash Fixes plugin.

I'm assuming I'm not the only one who had start/load issue at random times since it was only a couple of patches ago they added the UseOSAllocators=1  options to the launcher settings.

To be honest those start up crashes are more related to the mods I have installed then the base game of Enderal Forgotten Stories.

Since Enderal Forgotten Stories started reliable when no mods were installed.

As I said for me it's startup becomes unpredictable once you start adding mods...

Yes even mods that are not depending on any base skyrim records and are not actually interfering with any other forms or render window object references.

Examples with mods installed:

Shut computer down, turn computer on, launch Enderal, continue or load game == works 100%

While playing Enderal and decide to load a previous save without exiting == works 100%

Exit Enderal game to desktop, launch Enderal again, continue or load game == crash 100%

In Skyrim old and SSE I only see this type of behavior when I'm developing or editing mods.

Once I have my mods to a point where I don't screw with them then that type of startup behavior subsides.

But Enderal, nope that type of behavior for me is all the time and it's predictable as the examples above.

And those result are happening for me in Win 8.1 x64 and Win 7 SP1 x64 so I can't say it os specific.

Probably more like user specific...lol

Mind you while Enderal Forgotten Stories is running It works fine for hours and hours on end with seldom a CTD.

In most cases my CTD's are caused by myself Alt tabbing to much in and out while playing.

Archived