It was going fine until..

Doma

I followed this video step-by-step. 12:53 is the end result of setting up the MO workaround, after installing an earlier version of the OBSE loader, and launching the game through Steam. But I start in jail, and no OBSE window pops up after I make a character. Starting through MO puts me on the boat, but OBSE still won't work. It says it's either not installed correctly  (checked 4 different videos, it is), or run obse_loader. which doesn't work for Steam.

The only thing I didn't do (and dammit if I need to) is uninstall/reinstall the game. I just got it Wdnesday, and only plahed it long enough to watch Uriel get knifed. i skipped it for that, and also because, at this nursing home I live at, they have a secure internet thing. I can't connect to the Steam serves here. my friend'll have to take it home again.

Anyone know anything?

Where is it installed? If it's in the default (C:/programfiles(x86)/Bethesda) the UAC is probably stopping it. Install to something like C:/Games. Make a new folder.

I actually have steam installed on it's own seperate hdd

Where is it installed? If it's in the default (C:/programfiles(x86)/Bethesda) the UAC is probably stopping it. Install to something like C:/Games. Make a new folder.

I think I just screwed it all up. My friend comes back to work  Tuesday. I'll have him uninstall/reinstall it and redo everything. Am I installing the game somewhere else or moving my Steam folder? Won't movping it break my Skytim stuff?

Read my yellow Link below. Oblivion installation and move steam folder.

Thank you both for pitching in. After copy/pasting everything back into the Steam/steamapps/common/Oblivion, I moved the whole Steam folder to my documents.  I ran the game both through MO and Stem. OBSE worked both ways. And I'm on a boat.

I feel silly. >> He even  warns about defaulting OBSE. Worked for SKSE.. <<

• 2 weeks later...
bobczes iconGames.png Feb 19, 2015 @ 4:07pm 
notification_icon_flag_dark.png?v=1forum_topicicon_reply.png?v=1
You don't need Wrye Bash unless you have over 200 mods and you want to merge a few in order to add more. The limit is 255, but merging has other benefits as well. Most players of Skyrim do not use it. 

I agree, it is difficult to fully understand all of it functions.

-----------------

I'm confused. Do I NEED WB like you guys all list in your instructrions, or can I just use OBMM? Or just NMM? Both? I don't want or need 200+ mods.

OBMM is fine if you have only a couple of mods.

NMM is a steaming pile of shit that is best avoided.

Now Wrye Bash is indeed the absolute best mod manager for oblivion that there is.  It is feature rich without being silly.  While "slightly" more complicated than OBMM, it really is the better option regardless of how many mods you are going to run.  My advice is to go with Wrye.

...the reason I have both OBMM and WB is because I use a handful of OBMM .omods that I cleaned up and heavily customized, and after 5 years I don't feel a need to drop it.

And I agree with g', WB is far better for managing MODs and provides so many other features to not consider it is just short of ludicrous. Yes, the learning curve is somewhat steep, but once you learn basics it is a very powerful tool.

I've installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, re-uninstalled, and re-reinstalled OBSE. Followed the above video (I have the two test mods from that video, too), and watched three other videos on the subject. I put it in right. Documents/Steam/steamApps/common/Oblivion. But the OBSE Tester says it's not working. 

I downloaded MO again, and have both WB and OBMM able to go through it. I tried WB this last time. I thought it'd work, too...

edit: Launching through the shortcut(from Steam) on my desktop puts me on a boat(which I didn't do doing it xuul's way), but the OBSE test doesn't even prompt, despite all three managers saying it's ther and active.

what the hell is an obse tester???? 

Did you read and follow the directions listed in the OBSE download.  The txt file that says "obse_readme"?

Edit:  Wait........documents?????  Tell me you didn't install steam to your documents folder!  Move steam OUT of there and make sure it isn't in the program files directory either.  Both of those directories are going to fuck hard with you trying to run mods.  C:\Games\Steam or C:\Steam or something like that.  Even better is to install steam to different drive if you have one.  

what the hell is an obse tester???? 

Did you read and follow the directions listed in the OBSE download.  The txt file that says "obse_readme"?

Edit:  Wait........documents?????  Tell me you didn't install steam to your documents folder!  Move steam OUT of there and make sure it isn't in the program files directory either.  Both of those directories are going to fuck hard with you trying to run mods.  C:\Games\Steam or C:\Steam or something like that.  Even better is to install steam to different drive if you have one.  

I'll read it, and move my Steam folder.

Meh, it's not my mod. Maybe one those thing like the "For Dummies" books.

That hurts, but it's true.

Sorry, didn't mean anything against anyone. I understand it makes it easier for some. Basic plug and play to tell you if it works in game. I compared it to those books because they break things down to basic instruction to make thing easier for those who aren't very familiar with how one thing or another works.

Sorry, didn't mean anything against anyone. I understand it makes it easier for some. Basic plug and play to tell you if it works in game. I compared it to those books because they break things down to basic instruction to make thing easier for those who aren't very familiar with how one thing or another works.

Oh, I know. I was just beiong stupid.

-----

On a serious note, someone, how do you install Pluggy? v125b. I'm using MO to add mods, bu running the game normally.

edit: Just did some tests. OBSE didn't work when I launched from WB, so I deleted it. It works when I launch through  Steam. Thank you all for the help and suggestions in that respect, but Im sticking with MO.

Based on memory, Pluggy is just a OBSE addon or plugin. You install it manually in one of the OBSE related folders, again based on memory. (I'm away from my Oblivion PC for a while.) Pretty sure there are instructions for it around some where...

Do not  install OBSE, Pluggy and any OBSE plugins with a Mod manager.

Pluggy read me !!!!

if you don't have a OBSE folder create a OBSE folder.

Oblivion\data\OBSE\Plugins\

in the Plugins folder you copy the Pluggy files : OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dll and OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dlx

Do not  install OBSE, Pluggy and any OBSE plugins with a Mod manager.

Pluggy read me !!!!

if you don't have a OBSE folder create a OBSE folder.

Oblivion\data\OBSE\Plugins\

in the Plugins folder you copy the Pluggy files : OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dll and OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dlx

Thank you.

Well, shit. ><; I thought I could get by without bothering you guys anymore. Two things: How do you install the female body replacer it links you to in the LAPF instructions? It's listed as an oblivion mod. How do you install those? and I installed the male body replacer like any other mod(set the data directory correctly), but my guy still has underwear. What'd I do? Do I need a custom skeleton first?

You install the female body replacer with OBMM, it's a OMod.

If you don't have a OMod folder create one ( not sure it there is a default OMod folder, I always create a new one)

Start OBMM, at the rigth side click "settings",  in the new window is a "Move OMod directory" button, click it and search your new OMod folder.

In the OMod folder you place the female body OMod.

Then start OBMM and you see the OMod in the big window, click it ( high light it )  then click at the bottom on the "Activate" button.

Follow the install instructions.

If you use Lovers/LAPF don't let it owerwrite the skeleton nifs !!!!!!!

Remember in the OMod are no textures for the Shivering isles races !!! You must install HGEC textures for Goldeen saint and dark seducer from an other HGEC Textures Mod ( see my yellow Link )

! You can also unpack the OMod and install manually ( OMod must be in the OMod folder, start OBMM, right click the Mod and choose "extract to folder" , choose a empty folder )

Edit: read my PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Male Body : You have installed it ? good, now you must only replace the underwear meshes with nude meshes.

If you have the manual install version: unpack it in a empty folder.

Open the meshes folder , then characters folder ,the RT  , bodytypes folder.

Then the Musc folder ( it's the default body used in Lovers)

Open the Nude folder

copy hand, foot, upperbody, lowerbody nif  and paste it the meshes\characters\_male folder in your game folder

copy the khajiittail.nif and paste it in meshes\characters\argonian\male  folder in your game folder

copy the tail.nif  and paste it in meshes\characters\khajiit\male  folder in your game folder

The lowerbodyCircumcised.nif in the nude folder you don't need.

EDIT: it is all described in the readme !! Read readmes !!!!

---------------

If you have used the male body OMod version you have not chosen the nude body. deactivate and activate the Mod and choose the nude body during the install menu.

You install the female body replacer with OBMM, it's a OMod.

If you don't have a OMod folder create one ( not sure it there is a default OMod folder, I always create a new one)

Start OBMM, at the rigth side click "settings",  in the new window is a "Move OMod directory" button, click it and search your new OMod folder.

In the OMod folder you place the female body OMod.

Then start OBMM and you see the OMod in the big window, click it ( high light it )  then click at the bottom on the "Activate" button.

Follow the install instructions.

If you use Lovers/LAPF don't let it owerwrite the skeleton nifs !!!!!!!

Remember in the OMod are no textures for the Shivering isles races !!! You must install HGEC textures for Goldeen saint and dark seducer from an other HGEC Textures Mod ( see my yellow Link )

! You can also unpack the OMod and install manually ( OMod must be in the OMod folder, start OBMM, right click the Mod and choose "extract to folder" , choose a empty folder )

Edit: read my PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Male Body : You have installed it ? good, now you must only replace the underwear meshes with nude meshes.

If you have the manual install version: unpack it in a empty folder.

Open the meshes folder , then characters folder ,the RT  , bodytypes folder.

Then the Musc folder ( it's the default body used in Lovers)

Open the Nude folder

copy hand, foot, upperbody, lowerbody nif  and paste it the meshes\characters\_male folder in your game folder

copy the khajiittail.nif and paste it in meshes\characters\argonian\male  folder in your game folder

copy the tail.nif  and paste it in meshes\characters\khajiit\male  folder in your game folder

The lowerbodyCircumcised.nif in the nude folder you don't need.

EDIT: it is all described in the readme !! Read readmes !!!!

---------------

If you have used the male body OMod version you have not chosen the nude body. deactivate and activate the Mod and choose the nude body during the install menu.

Reading rreadmes? That'll never catch on. (I will.)

You need OBMM, those are OMODs.

><; I have that.. I was askin how to use it. I got it now, though, thanks.

Archived