Female bodymesh help

gooboo

Hi everyone. I've been working on a custom female body mesh, but there's two small glitches I've run into and I'm not sure how to fix them.

I'm making a body based of the enhanced vanilla bodies mesh, and the texture I'm using in game is the Katrin high-res evb mesh. The texture shows up fine in Blender, but for some reason there's black spots on the toes in game. Does anyone know why this is? I'm not that familiar with Fallout 4 modding compared to Skyrim modding, especially as it pertains to all of the issues with the new texture format. 

Also, for some reason there appears to be a small gap in the neck in-game, yet in Blender I used the "seam mender" script to fix any gaps in the neck, but they keep showing up in game anyways. Is there a fix to this?

post-89575-0-87729500-1467326748_thumb.jpg

post-89575-0-18006900-1467326832_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

For the feet.

Did you modify the texture in any way?

Do the toe nails use a separate texture map?

If no to the 2 above, then it could be shaders, is the nif shader flags set the same as vanilla?

For the neck,

Did you confirm the weights on the seam matched with the head/vanilla body on all verts?

Then assuming seam mender did everything right, and the weights at the neck are all correct and that all the verts are in their proper place.

That would leave the export process, since you use blender how did you get the model from it to fallout 4?

It might also be worth checking the UVs to make sure they have not moved.

And have you tried a different texture set to see if the same problems arise?

I imported the models into 3ds max, exported them as fallout 3 nifs so I can open and edit them in blender, then I exported from blender and re-imported into 3ds max, then finally exported them as fallout 4 nifs from 3ds max and did the necessary stuff in Nifskope to get them into the game. I haven't tried using a different texture yet, I suppose that will be the next things. 

Can any 3ds max experts here tell me if 3ds max has something like a "seam mender" in Blender, or something that would align all of the vertices on the neck gap to match another body's neck gap? Maybe it has something to do with Blender, and fixing the vertices in 3ds max might fix the problem. 

Max has no seam mender as far as i know, never come across any thing that could be used for it either.

When ever i need to fix a seam i import the vanilla body and the snap the vertex to it by hand.

If you import the vanilla body after you import your body you will be able to compare them to see if it has moved.

Archived