SLAL Animations by Sailing Rebel [SRB] (2018-08-09)

10 hours ago, Khanatmatov said:

help, when ever i run fnis i get

ERROR (76)

any help would be appreciated 

Are you using a mod manager? 

If so which one?

If MO or MO2 did you run FNIS from MO(2)?

Are you using the latest version of FNIS? (7.4.5)

Are you using the normal or XXL version?

How about the full text of the error 76 message?

(Note: For fastest results when posting about problems, these are the kinds of information that you should try to provide.  The more information you can provide up front, the more likely it is you'll provide the clue that will get you an answer on the first reply and get back to having fun sooner).

For some reason none of these animations show up in-game. I have installed manually through mod organizer (and yes before you ask I did check if the mod is activated in plugins and of course I ran FNIS).

1 hour ago, Terteniard said:

For some reason none of these animations show up in-game. I have installed manually through mod organizer (and yes before you ask I did check if the mod is activated in plugins and of course I ran FNIS).

Are they animations showing up in the SLAL MCM or just not being used in SexLab animations?

If they are not showing up in SexLab Animation Loader then something has gone wrong with the installation. This could be an issue with SLAL itself and you may want to check if it is loading other animations.

If the Animation Loader is reporting that the animations are successfully installed then it could be that whatever mod is triggering animations is not selecting them for some reason. While in an animation you can cycle through all available alternatives with the hotkey [o] (letter O, by default).

36 minutes ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Are they animations showing up in the SLAL MCM or just not being used in SexLab animations?

If they are not showing up in SexLab Animation Loader then something has gone wrong with the installation. This could be an issue with SLAL itself and you may want to check if it is loading other animations.

If the Animation Loader is reporting that the animations are successfully installed then it could be that whatever mod is triggering animations is not selecting them for some reason. While in an animation you can cycle through all available alternatives with the hotkey [o] (letter O, by default).

I have checked if the animations were in SLAL and did the [o] thing (thank you for that, should be useful to know), but they simply do not appear in game. Other animations do load. 

1 hour ago, Terteniard said:

I have checked if the animations were in SLAL and did the [o] thing (thank you for that, should be useful to know), but they simply do not appear in game. Other animations do load. 

Only thing I can suggest is to try and re-register the animations in SLAL MCM and make sure that the pop-up indicates that they are actually registered. Use Match Maker to start an animation with a creature as this will not apply any filtering to the animation selection.

Beyond that this may be an issue with SLAL itself.

1 hour ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Only thing I can suggest is to try and re-register the animations in SLAL MCM and make sure that the pop-up indicates that they are actually registered. Use Match Maker to start an animation with a creature as this will not apply any filtering to the animation selection.

Beyond that this may be an issue with SLAL itself.

I've done that a few times already, but without success. Thanks for the help anyways.

Edit: The fault was all mine. I thought I had installed SLAL, but I hadn't. Real stupid, I know.

• 2 weeks later...

could i get some help with this

ERROR(76): Could not find a part of the path 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\behaviors\FNIS_SRBCreatures_Behavior.hkx'.

i use NMM and keep getting this useing

latest version of FNIS with XXL

1 hour ago, Khanatmatov said:

ERROR(76): Could not find a part of the path 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\behaviors\FNIS_SRBCreatures_Behavior.hkx'.

Run FNIS as administrator. The Program Files (x86) folder is protected so FNIS is not normally allowed to write files there.

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

yay tails

Yeah, I should elaborate on that after struggling with it for weeks; save some others from reinventing the wheel.

I'm using crusty old Blender 2.49b BTW.

The secret to character tail animation turned out to be ridiculously simple: animate the complete beast skeleton including the tail and export as KF as usual. Then when converting the KF to HKX using hkxcmd.exe use the -s switch. For those unfamiliar with this, under normal usage hkxcmd.exe will stop processing when it reaches a bone it can't match up with the skeleton HKX file. What the -s switch does is allow hkxcmd.exe to skip bones it doesn't recognise and continue processing.

So, to get the regular character animation we would use our usual skeleton_female.hkx behaviour file:

hkxcmd.exe convertkf -s skeleton_female.hkx "IN\MyAnimation_A1_S1.kf" "OUT\MyAnimation_A1_S1.hkx"

Then to get the tail animation we use the tailskeleton.hkx file found in "meshes\auxbones\tail\character assets" with the same character KF:

hkxcmd.exe convertkf -s tailskeleton.hkx "IN\MyAnimation_A1_S1.kf" "OUT\TAIL\MyAnimation_A1_S1.hkx"

So what happens is, when using skeleton_female.hkx we get animation for everything except the tail. But with tailskeleton.hkx we get animation only for the five tail bones. And this is really easy to set up in a batch file.

This may not apply to 3DS Max as I think the plugin exports directly to HKX is I'm not mistaken?

40 minutes ago, Sailing Rebel said:

you don't need to tell me, i already know how to do them in max and i have made tail animations for Swimming, MNC and my own SLAL Pack:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5570-slightly-less-crappy-swimming-animations/

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4130-more-nasty-critters-slal-edition/

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2436-horny-creatures-of-skyrim/

i even made a guide + a small animation stock pile for others to use:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4903-3ds-max-tail-animation-guide/

but a full Blender guide would come in useful for other modders/animators.

19 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

you don't need to tell me, i already know how to do them in max (and made a guide + a small animation stock pile for others to use):

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4903-3ds-max-tail-animation-guide/

and made a new swimming animation for them:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5570-slightly-less-crappy-swimming-animations/

and i made some tail animations for MNC and my own SLAL Pack:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4130-more-nasty-critters-slal-edition/

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2436-horny-creatures-of-skyrim/

but a full Blender guide will come in useful for other modders/animators.

Awesome. Glad someone's on top of it.

Not sure I'm qualified to take anyone through using Blender. I constantly feel like on the very edge of things breaking down completely.

28 minutes ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Not sure I'm qualified to take anyone through using Blender. I constantly feel like on the very edge of things breaking down completely.

tip: take a screenshot of everything you click on, type and open, then write down notes in the pictures, you will end up with a guide.

this program is useful for quickly taking screenshots:

http://www.flightsimhq.com/downloads/viewfile/1058.html

edit:

a additional note: i find that bmp images compress into 7zip files better then jpeg images do.

13 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

tip: take a screenshot of everything you click on, type and open, then write down notes in the pictures, you will end up with a guide.

I'll consider it, but it's more about the technical side that I bulldozed through in the early days, like dealing with skeleton imports and frustrating hand mesh offsets, all stuff I just eyeballed rather than having a real solution. I've been using the same imported skeletons and character meshes for years, I probably don't even remember half of what I had to do to get things working.

On 6/30/2018 at 2:12 AM, Khanatmatov said:

Im getting the same bullshit here every time i install this mod!

On 6/30/2018 at 2:12 AM, Khanatmatov said:

I don't know why but when i attempt to install the manually i get this forever! And whit nexus mod manager the files are empty like a shortcut of sort !

Capture.PNG

10 minutes ago, Aref_king said:

I don't konw why but when i attempt to install the manually i get this forever! And whit nexus mod manager the files are empty like a shortcut of sort !

Works fine on my end using 7ZiP and MO2.

Zwischenablage02.png

Looks like the file you downloaded is corrupt.

Try re-downloading and if it's corrupt again, check your harddrive for errors or - if your router shows that - the stability of your connection.