Pre-war home in the post apocalyptic world

xenic

I'm working on a prewar player home. It's the one from the start of the game and I plan to add it to the current position of the run down home in Sanctuary. So far it looks promising. I'll have an esp up in a few days so people can play around with it. I'm trying to make all the objects in the house interactable. Also I do know there is a pre war home on the Nexus but it wasn't built using the CK and it has a few problems with vanishing walls. 

I have a few questions if anyone knows:

There are 5 items in the master bedroom closet and I'm looking for equipable/usable versions in the CK.

1 - Suitcase

2 - Shirt

3 - Military fatigues

4 - Blue Dress

5 - Sweater Vest

Also I'm hunting for a usable bed. The prewar one has no sleep option but I'm having trouble figuring out why not. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on a prewar player home. It's the one from the start of the game and I plan to add it to the current position of the run down home in Sanctuary. So far it looks promising. I'll have an esp up in a few days so people can play around with it. I'm trying to make all the objects in the house interactable. Also I do know there is a pre war home on the Nexus but it wasn't built using the CK and it has a few problems with vanishing walls. 

There are 5 items in the master bedroom closet and I'm looking for equipable/usable versions in the CK.

1 - Suitcase

2 - Shirt

3 - Military fatigues

4 - Blue Dress

5 - Sweater Vest

Also I'm hunting for a usable bed. The prewar one has no sleep option but I'm having trouble figuring out why not. 

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.....

But assuming you haven't sorted it yet (maybe others can still benefit):

You can duplicate the post-war bed in the CK, then open the duplicate's form. Next, open the pre-war bed's form and copy the model field. Then, on the post war duplicate's form, click the edit button next to the model field. Paste in the pre-war bed's model data and voila! One shiny new post war bed  ;)

Trykz

1 - Suitcase

2 - Shirt

3 - Military fatigues

4 - Blue Dress

5 - Sweater Vest

You can duplicate the post-war bed in the CK, then open the duplicate's form. Next, open the pre-war bed's form and copy the model field. Then, on the post war duplicate's form, click the edit button next to the model field. Paste in the pre-war bed's model data and voila! One shiny new post war bed  ;)

Trykz

Thanks. Where is the usable post war furniture in the CK? Maybe I'm blind but I'm having a terrible time finding it.

1 - Suitcase

2 - Shirt

3 - Military fatigues

4 - Blue Dress

5 - Sweater Vest

Trykz

Thanks. Where is the usable post war furniture in the CK? Maybe I'm blind but I'm having a terrible time finding it.

In the object window, just type "bed" (without the " ") into the filter, and then select "All" down at the bottom of the window. It will show you every bed there is, along with anything else that uses those letters in that order.

The object window's filter box can be used to sort anything you want to find. Like, if you wanted to find a certain chair, just type in "chair" and every chair in the game will show up in the object window. Double clicking anything will open it's form for editing. Though I don't recommend editing any form directly. ALWAYS duplicate what you want to use, rename it, and then make your edits to the duplicate form. Editing original game files can lead to all sorts of compatibility issues with other mods.

Hope this helps,

Trykz

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I'm late to the party on this. The house already exists in the pre- fab settlement menu if you have the homemaker mod.  I actually rebuilt the interior using a bucketload of cleaned up furniture and other mods from my Janice build. I'll post some screenies if you like. Also, there is a modular Sanctuary house kit up on the Nexus already, don't know if it's yours or not. Probably the hardest thing I had to do was position the kitchen set. The rebuilt house wanted to keep being put back into the workshop with maddening regularity.

Sorry I'm late to the party on this. The house already exists in the pre- fab settlement menu if you have the homemaker mod.  I actually rebuilt the interior using a bucketload of cleaned up furniture and other mods from my Janice build. I'll post some screenies if you like. Also, there is a modular Sanctuary house kit up on the Nexus already, don't know if it's yours or not. Probably the hardest thing I had to do was position the kitchen set. The rebuilt house wanted to keep being put back into the workshop with maddening regularity.

Yeah, after I started work on this I saw that. I haven't had near as much time with the CK as I'd like so I don;t have it down all the way yet.

rather than copy/paste the data, I just open and edit the .nif field, and tell it to use another nif when building.

that opens the entire tree of models for you.

prewar house stuff ... there are 2 playerhouse folders I believe. one is ruins, other is prewar.

I'll see about checking later.  (that's where I got the fridge/sink/stove for my mod)

As for the bed being sleepable, if you do above (make a copy of the bed formid), then change the model, it will work.

works for all the crafting/vendor stations.

Archived