mods addiction

dickhad

do you think folks can get addicted to moding there games you know getting armor mods and ENB mods over and over with really using them i mean i have like 19 armor mods in fallout new vages that i dont use or have followers wearing them and i just keep downloading them without stop so that makes me think could some one really get addicted to moding?

Not sure if you can get addicted to "getting mods". Check in your local pharmacy if there are gums with derivative mods to get over the addiction, maybe.

About getting addicted to "create mods", I think my profile line is the same in the last two years.

Well if you're OCD like me and want to make sure that everything has to run at their best quality and everything is tied into a nice little bow yes I can see people being addicted to modding their games. For a while back when I was very new at modding my games I spent more time modding the actual game than playing it. Now a few years later I still happen to do it from time to time but no where near as much as I used to. I even attempted to make my own mod adding immersion to Skyrim's professions blacksmithing and alchemy. Let's just say that some things people should leave alone... :s

This has been me since games became modable. Buys game. Plays game. Tosses game aside for awhile. Thinks of ways to make game more fun. Makes a modification and tries it out. Lame or not makes a new mod and adds things and removes things. Tweaks the game to run better (sometimes worse) decides it may be interesting to others and puts it up. Only a couple ever make it past the end stage or they are so screwed up they get deleted.

Sees new game and repeats the process.

Gets bored goes writes something else.

rinse repeat.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's addiction as much as not necessarily wanting to play, or being able to in my current case.

Myself, I download mods and try them because my computer sucks ever since one of my cats peed on it about a year ago, which fried my Graphic card. I had to buy a cheap one to replace it, but my Skyrim really runs like shit now. It was bad before that, as I couldn't use any form of ENB, but now anything more than minimum on every graphic setting puts me under 30 fps.

But even before that, I'd still do the same. I could spend a whole day (even multiple days) just trying out various mods. I wasn't doing it out of addiction : rather, I was looking for inspiration for a new playthrough. Either I'd have finished up a certain character's story, or was getting back into Skyrim and needed ideas for a character. Then I'd see a couple armors. Some new quests. New lands maybe. And of course, new SexLab mods. And as I tested those, I could slowly imagine a new character. Her personality, background, a general path I plan her to try to follow. And once all of those were set, I'd get back into Skyrim. Or write it down, keep it for later and keep going, or play another game.

And sometimes, trying out mods can be straight up just for fun. There's no better moment to Install Thomas the Train dragons than when you're not really looking to play the game as much as simply dicking around with mods for a while

Archived