Game or Total Conversion

MrReclusive

so I come to this site from time to time, mod my games and go about my business.

Came on here last night looking to see if anything good for fallout 4 has been released yet.

Then a random thing popped into my head.

With the amount of people contributing to lovers lab, and other moders ripping apart games to make them do things they weren't meant to do.

Why hasn't a complete game been developed yet, Either by a total conversion of an existing game, or from ground up using one of the many engines available.

Now I don't know the legality of using a retail game engine like Unreal or Unity for adult games, but even if its not allowed, couldn't a very basic RPG be developed with just basically the core elements of an RPG, but then have it completely left open for mods, like every aspect of it left open.

The reason I ask is these mods are cool but, at least for me anyways, leaves something to be desired.

What I mean by that is I like reasons for doing things.

I've played a few games that require reproduction for your family and therefore the game to continue, that's good reason.

maybe you run a brothel as a way to make money, or whore yourself out as a way to make money.

or if the game is based in more recent times, you could run an adult magazine or video company. or run a strip club.

drug/arms dealer that can take favors as payment.

even something as simple as your tenant owes your rent and they offer you sex for an extension.

But basically what i am asking about / looking for, is an rpg where the adult elements aren't just as random as walking up to a person and sex. Something where the adult elements are actually kind of an essential part of the RPG, or at least a means to an end.

Maybe something like this exists through mods, if so let me know, i just last night got skyrim due to lack of FO4 mods.

I like having contextual reasons for using mods, too. Two of my mods were built specifically to add just such story elements to skyrim.

For a small dose of what you're looking for (in skyrim, anyway), try Sexlab Solutions. Also, making basic mods with new npc's and dialogue to drive quests isn't hard. You could try cracking open the ck and building your vision.

The Lovers Lab team is working on a framework for sex in FO4. Once that's done, other mods will be able to add or modify elements of the game to use sex as more than a random element. That's already possible in Skyrim (SexLab Solutions) though to a fairly limited extent. The problem with any conversion is the amount of work required and the complexity involved. For a game like FO4, that complexity is massive given the number of problems in the game engine that Bethesda hasn't and likely never will fix.

Give it time. I'm sure we'll see something in a few months to a year. Especially given how awful the plot is in this game...

so I come to this site from time to time, mod my games and go about my business.

Came on here last night looking to see if anything good for fallout 4 has been released yet.

Then a random thing popped into my head.

With the amount of people contributing to lovers lab, and other moders ripping apart games to make them do things they weren't meant to do.

Why hasn't a complete game been developed yet, Either by a total conversion of an existing game, or from ground up using one of the many engines available.

Now I don't know the legality of using a retail game engine like Unreal or Unity for adult games, but even if its not allowed, couldn't a very basic RPG be developed with just basically the core elements of an RPG, but then have it completely left open for mods, like every aspect of it left open.

The reason I ask is these mods are cool but, at least for me anyways, leaves something to be desired.

What I mean by that is I like reasons for doing things.

I've played a few games that require reproduction for your family and therefore the game to continue, that's good reason.

maybe you run a brothel as a way to make money, or whore yourself out as a way to make money.

or if the game is based in more recent times, you could run an adult magazine or video company. or run a strip club.

drug/arms dealer that can take favors as payment.

even something as simple as your tenant owes your rent and they offer you sex for an extension.

But basically what i am asking about / looking for, is an rpg where the adult elements aren't just as random as walking up to a person and sex. Something where the adult elements are actually kind of an essential part of the RPG, or at least a means to an end.

Maybe something like this exists through mods, if so let me know, i just last night got skyrim due to lack of FO4 mods.

Dude do you really want Mod Authors to wisen up?

Archived