Scripting with CreationKit and ModOrganizer?

mojojojaniqua

Hello! I am currently doing the Bethesda Tutorial for CK involving making a simple quest.

I was told that to compile scripts through CK using Mod Organizer, I needed to patch the Papyrus Compiler to run as 32bit. I did that.

I unzipped the scripts.rar file, and reinstalled SKSE over that too.

HOWEVER, I am still getting this issue whtn I try to compile a simple script (GetOwningQuest().SetObjectiveDisplayed(10)

GetOwningQuest().SetStage(10)):

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "TIF__01001830"...
<unknown>(0,0): unable to locate script TIF__01001830
No output generated for TIF__01001830, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on TIF__01001830

Now, I'm reading that it's impossible to script with CK using MO, and that I should compile my scripts using Notepad++ (I don't really know what that means)

Is this true? Is CK still not completely compatible with MO? Please help me gurus of LL :(

Thanks for the response fellas!

However, the wiki link is what I tried at first, and I've also been running the CK through MO with the correct Steam ID overwrite.

Here's a shot of the error for clarity.

Untitled_zpsfaeienvg.jpg

I have definitely done the following (just so we're on the same page):

-Updated Creation Kit through Steam

-unzipped scripts.rar back into my Data folder

-reinstalled SKSE

-ran CK through MO with the Overwrite Steam AppID 202480

-patched the Papyrus Compiler to run in 32bit mode using http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65578/?

-have tried to run CK WITHOUT Mod Organizer, and have confirmed that the script compiling works this way

Archived