Skimpy vaultsuits

Okay Thank to Vioxsis I have got the vaultsuit working ingame and have added a mini skirt so its more like a mini dress now

I even pulled the skirt up higher on the Exposed version of the suit

The idea is that the player character would have taken her vaultsuit or a spare and tailored it

removing the sleeves and legs of the suit up to the seam lines, and making the skirt from the extra material from the sleeves/leggs.

I followed the dark blue seem lines on the texture which seemed to work quite nicely

As of right now iv gone as far as i can with them quality wise so im posting them here as a recourse for anyone to fix up and make better, the textures really need cleaner lines where i chopped out the legs and arms something im not good at. Also the tweaks i made in outfitstudio are abit rough and need a more professional touch.

Id love to have a scripted version of the suit that allows you to switch between the different zip versions rather then having 6 suits in your inventory, Perhaps a chem/misc item called 'zippier' that when activated brings up a menu where you can choose the version and it auto equips then we could just hotkey the 'zippier' item. Thats way beyond me, if anyone wants to give it a go id love to see it.

Included is versions with out the skirt, because the skirt is a separate mesh it could be made a separate wearable item.

Updated rar below

post-20323-0-55751600-1466978059_thumb.png

Vaultsuits.rar

post-20323-0-46092300-1467051215_thumb.png

post-20323-0-57204500-1467051301_thumb.png

post-20323-0-26136000-1467051549_thumb.png

post-20323-0-60926200-1467051598_thumb.png

post-20323-0-66730400-1467051651_thumb.png

The texture and material path in the nif are "textures\clothes\vaultsuit\" but the textures are in "Textures\clothes\Vault111suit" same with the materials.

Don't forget to update the path in the .BGSM if your not changing the folder path instead, also the wet material should be pointing to a wet template.

And just to check, what compression did you use for the .dds files?

Ah sorry i named the folder wrong in rar file it is ment to be 'vaultsuit' the origonal path for all vaultsuit textures

so in my game folder there all in the 'vaultsuit' folder

i use the DXT5 ARGB   8 bpp | interpolated alpha compression

whats this about the wet template? nothing was mentioned in the tutorials about that

I just did a few test's and have narrowed it down to the material path being the problem.

You have it set to

"Materials\Clothes\VaultSuit\VaultSuitSkimpyDirtyF.BGSM"

And i set it to

"materials\Clothes\Vaultsuit\vaultsuitskipmydirtyf.bgsm"

It seams as though the path is case sensitive..

And as for the wet material it should be set to "template/OutfitTemplate_Wet.bgsm"

You change it in the same place as the main material just scroll down a little, its just bellow the emissive colour select.

*Edit*

I just took a look at the normal an spec map because of the messed up lighting i saw in game.

You did not need to edit it like you did the diffuse/albedo.

As a result you have messed it up.

You should go back to using the original maps and only use your modified albedo.

Yep thats it its was the case sensitivity, i knew it would be a silly thing like that thankyou wouldn't of thought of that

I wasnt shore if the spec and normal maps needed that or not but i can easily revert to the vanilla ones by editing the path in nifscope and material editor

Thanks again it was driving me nuts :)

Okay Thank to Vioxsis I have got the vaultsuit working ingame and have added a mini skirt so its more like a mini dress now

The idea is that the player character would have taken her vaultsuit or a spare and tailored it

removing the sleeves and legs of the suit up to the seam lines, and making the skirt from the extra material from the sleeves/leggs.

I followed the dark blue seem lines on the texture which seemed to work quite nicely

As of right now iv gone as far as i can with them quality wise so im posting them here as a recourse for anyone to fix up and make better, the textures really need cleaner lines where i chopped out the legs and arms something im not good at. Also the tweaks i made in outfitstudio are abit rough and need a more professional touch.

Id love to have a scripted version of the suit that allows you to switch between the different zip versions rather then having 6 suits in your inventory, Perhaps a chem/misc item called 'zippier' that when activated brings up a menu where you can choose the version and it auto equips then we could just hotkey the 'zippier' item. Thats way beyond me, if anyone wants to give it a go id love to see it.

Included is versions with out the skirt, because the skirt is a separate mesh it could be made a separate wearable item.

post-20323-0-86880600-1467049994_thumb.png

post-20323-0-90332700-1467050441_thumb.png

post-20323-0-15200300-1467050525_thumb.png

post-20323-0-65392900-1467050575_thumb.png

post-20323-0-34818500-1467050629_thumb.png

Vaultsuits.rar

I'll try to make this a replacer for all the Vault81 women I think :)

Some dark or shiny pantyhose for the legs might look good if you can or even torn versions of the outfit.

Are you making this a straight up replacer or a new item added with it's own esp?

If using a new esp then to do the switching thing you mentioned using mods at an armor workbench is easy. Doing it with scripts might be possible but getting the unique refID of the armor you want to modify can be tricky. If you go a scripting route you'll be easiest to use the armor mod solution and just add the mod to the armor via the script.

To start out with for the armor mods you need a record for Armor Addon for each type (should already exist if you have unique clothing inventory items for each style). You make an Object Mod to set an index for Armor Addon. Then you add each addon to the Armor record with their own unique index. 

You can take a look at Armor_Combat_Torso "Combat Armor Chest Piece" [ARMO:0011D3C3] to see how the multiple addon indexes are setup.

Then the Object Mods:

• mod_armor_Combat_Torso_Size_A "Light Armor" [OMOD:00184BD3]
  • mod_armor_Combat_Torso_Size_B "Medium Armor" [OMOD:00184BD2]
  • mod_armor_Combat_Torso_Size_C "Heavy Armor" [OMOD:00184BF0]

The key part being the property SET AddonIndex.

Im making it a none replacer with its own esp

You talking about the zipper idea?

is the method you mention mean the only way to change you zipper style is at a workbench?

I was looking for a way to do via your inventory so i can change between them at will via a hotkey

Im making it a none replacer with its own esp

You talking about the zipper idea?

is the method you mention mean the only way to change you zipper style is at a workbench?

I was looking for a way to do via your inventory so i can change between them at will via a hotkey

You can use scripts to attach the mod item which would cause the suggested armor addon index change. The problem is you need to use the object reference not the base armor ID. There's no easy way to get the ref ID via script. Then there's an issue of what to do if you have more than one for some reason.

• 1 year later...

I have another clothing replacer. I would like to overwrite. I tried to just swap textures, meshes, and materials but I got an ugly "texture missing" appearance instead. Please, please make a script so I can properly overwrite in MO. I've been looking for a properly skimpy vault suit since I got Fallout 4.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived