Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IMPORTANT: Site Upgrade Coming on July 1st

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

afa

afa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Will there be a way to bookmark individual posts for later reference?

I know I can follow topic, but never find a way to tag a post unless by blogging it.

Well 3 days of double duty browsing both forums isn't too bad :P

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

Content Consumer

Content Consumer

I am here to Consume your Content!

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,005 posts

awe yeah. i fkn loved the new version. and i loved laughing at people butthurt by change. i accept whatever temporary inconvenience it may bring.

But change can bring terrible things!

pinky6225

pinky6225

Supplier of the finest electromagnetic candy

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Sweet seems i'm the first to get to say...

"The end times are coming"

Snazzishoez

Snazzishoez

Minor Threat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Thanks for the heads up Ashal.  Hope all goes well.

E/Fatal

E/Fatal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Only thing I'm worried about is links to posts being broken again. It made a lot of compilation posts broken and unusable.

Ammo12ga

Ammo12ga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Appreciate the notice.  Your site has expanded my game playing in ways I could not have imagined.  I am sure that it will work and hopefully lead to even further improvements.  Thanks for all that you do!!!

Sural Argonus

Sural Argonus

**SQUEE!!!**

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

I will cross every applicable appendage, pray to every appropriate deity, even bribe the appropriate persons if that helps so this goes smoothly this time.

Darkening Demise

Darkening Demise

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Plain and simple, hopefully it doesn't become a big disaster like fat women discovering Diet Coke (again).

Arhon

Arhon

Mr.Hmm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Best of Luck Ashal.

Sweet seems i'm the first to get to say...

"The end times are coming"

I thought the already come.

windu190

windu190

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

and i loved laughing at people butthurt by change.

That's quite a sadistic stance to take don't you think? Personally I really didn't like the new interface, I thought it was a huge clusterfudge. 

But I understand the necessity to keep the site up-to-date and functioning properly. I just hope it'll go more smoothly this time. 

Gagoloth

Gagoloth

(づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Here we go again. Hopefully the update goes smoothly this time.

darkconsole

darkconsole

Halfcocked Rage Machine

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

awe yeah. i fkn loved the new version. and i loved laughing at people butthurt by change. i accept whatever temporary inconvenience it may bring.

But change can bring terrible things!

that is literally my every day when stepping outside in downtown dallas. i'm ready for this.

Dekobi-hime

Dekobi-hime

ASEXUAL BEAST!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Best o' endeavor to you. The new layout which i got to try out during the failed attempt had things i like and miss back to so it's gonna be exciting. Although, i like the current layout too. : p B-but.. go for it!

Otti

Otti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
It is old? It has a very old of site software that is no more maintained? Is stopping us to create a better one? We all love the current structure (and the bbCode) and layout. But this is limiting. I love my car!!! Why I cannot go faster than 50 MPh? (~ 80 KHr) --> Because your engine is shit, you need to upgrade it. And because you upgrade the engine, upgrade also the covers, and the sits, and the accessories. in this Analogy it is this,Why i Love my old Car! No GPS! No Multimedia/Spyware Center No Chips what saves where /when and how i drive PS: I use WIN XP its suited me well.the Nintendo OS( Win8) is ugly and not comfortable and win 10 are spyware³,ugly,and annoying with his Cloud Computing here,Cortana there. Rule #1 of Computing should appear here: NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM.

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 17,820 posts

Normally the old adage of "never fuck with something that works" is true.....however, when your security is outdated and support dries up.....there is no choice in the matter.

Seriously, Ashal would only be doing this because it is necessary.  Stop and think how much work he is going to have to put in to make the move.  No one would take that on if it was just a shiny new coat of paint.   ;)

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Domo arigato misuta Robotto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,457 posts

Best of luck Ashal
<Starting to duct tape everything to everything else>

Halstrom ... don't forget the balling wire as well as bubblegum :P

OH Wait.. that was the OLD system... :)

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Domo arigato misuta Robotto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,457 posts

It is old? It has a very old of site software that is no more maintained? Is stopping us to create a better one? We all love the current structure (and the bbCode) and layout. But this is limiting. I love my car!!! Why I cannot go faster than 50 MPh? (~ 80 KHr) --> Because your engine is shit, you need to upgrade it. And because you upgrade the engine, upgrade also the covers, and the sits, and the accessories. in this Analogy it is this,Why i Love my old Car! No GPS! No Multimedia/Spyware Center No Chips what saves where /when and how i drive PS: I use WIN XP its suited me well.the Nintendo OS( Win8) is ugly and not comfortable and win 10 are spyware³,ugly,and annoying with his Cloud Computing here,Cortana there. Rule #1 of Computing should appear here: NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM.

Security upgrades are needed and a must. Keeping current system exposes the site to security issues. This must be changed. Unfortunatly this can't be done with the old system.

Normally the old adage of "never fuck with something that works" is true.....however, when your security is outdated and support dries up.....there is no choice in the matter.

Seriously, Ashal would only be doing this because it is necessary.  Stop and think how much work he is going to have to put in to make the move.  No one would take that on if it was just a shiny new coat of paint.   ;)

As gregathit states, The software upgrade isn't a shiny new coat of pain I suspect it is an entire rework of the code from bottom up. Very different from what we have now considering how old it is. Also being so very different from the previous system... might mean that we won't have all the functionality we had up to now. Just like the previous change over there will be some time to adjust and we will just have to accept it. Hopefully in time he will be able to add on some of the features we know and love however I for one will forgo some of the features for a solid reliable, dependable and safe site to use.

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 17,820 posts

The software upgrade isn't a shiny new coat of pain I suspect it is an entire rework of the code from bottom up. Very different from what we have now considering how old it is. Also being so very different from the previous system... might mean that we won't have all the functionality we had up to now. Just like the previous change over there will be some time to adjust and we will just have to accept it. Hopefully in time he will be able to add on some of the features we know and love however I for one will forgo some of the features for a solid reliable, dependable and safe site to use.

Um......I think you misread my post.  Unless you just quoted it by mistake.  I was sarcastically stating that Ashal would "not" be taking it on if it was "just" a new shiny new coat of paint.  IE....it isn't.   ;)

Between the support and security, the upgrade is a must.  No real choice in the matter for the Boss.  I feel very sorry for the amount of work he is going to have to put in to make this happen.......and the amount of shit he is going to receive for doing something he really must.  Talk about a kick in the balls.   :-/

CPU

CPU

Addicted modder and helper

• Moderators
  • 8,074 posts

...Between the support and security...

And keep in mind the performance boost by the upgrade to PHP V7, that is about double as fast compared to the actual used one.

And with all the guys using this site every hour a performance boost should be welcome.

Crooltool

Crooltool

The Dirty Old Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Thanks for the heads up, may the upgrade proceed with nary a hick up and the whining from the masses be kept to a minimum <and since its not said near enough, Thank YOU and the moderators for all the time and effort and $$ you put into this site>