FNIS

i want install it, but "download with manager" opens tesmod manager and not nmm what can i do?

just unzip and kopie it in skyrim like every mod or works only with nmm?

not sure if this is what you want..

i'd say get MO (manual installer) (and press associate nmm links during first run) and link it up with nmm links or re-install nmm(to associate it with nmm links) (u wont loose your current mods) or just

1.go to nmm settings

c0858cd0845e4a3bbd2c6ba693b549fe.png

2.make sure this is checked

27b46163913a494a9877e50aa0bf8da9.png

3.if it is , uncheck press ok then repeat 1 & 2 (check it back again)and then restart nmm

i have all 4 associate ... withie nmmat first install after reinstall it still didnt work.

at 2. i cant click the first 3 but it is like in the picture 1.off 2. on

u tried installing MO?

btw fnis can be manually installed :/

...the fnis author dont suport mo anymore...

To be clear, fore is stating that he will not answer questions/solve issue regarding FNIS when run through MO - all questions are referred to the MO authors regarding issues between FNIS and MO.  FNIS works perfectly fine through MO (and the newer NMM) when the proper directions are followed for installing and using FNIS through MO (the STEP guide linked in my signature).

To be clear, fore is stating that he will not answer questions/solve issue regarding FNIS when run through MO - all questions are referred to the MO authors regarding issues between FNIS and MO.  FNIS works perfectly fine through MO (and the newer NMM) when the proper directions are followed for installing and using FNIS through MO (the STEP guide linked in my signature).

i recommend using mo too , to fix the nmm association.. (using Mo to download mods)

but

question, wont installing through mo be nuisance? since generate fnis for users should be in the tools directory? and most mods expect fnis to be there?

xpmse??

question, wont installing through mo be nuisance? since generate fnis for users should be in the tools directory? and most mods expect fnis to be there?

xpmse??

Nope.  Again, follow the directions in the STEP guide (linked in my sig) to setup FNIS (and LOOT, WryeBash, Tes5Edit/XEdit, etc) to work within MO.  I install FNIS just like any other mod (even though it really isn't a mod).  You just have the extra step of linking the exe in MO so it runs properly.  1 thing to note, the FNIS package is not set up as 'MO friendly' - when installing FNIS, the interface will tell you it's incorrect.  You have to drill down to the 'data' folder, right-click the 'data' and choose 'set as data', then continue the install * .  This should be in the instructions as well.

* this is the one area where NMM beats MO - NMM automatically drills down to find the 'data' folder in the package, when MO only looks in the root or 1 layer deep to find the 'data' folder.

[EDIT] make sure that if you've installed FNIS in the skyrim data directory while using MO (in other words - doing it wrong ;) ), make sure to remove ALL FNIS-related files (including the generated files) when switching to use it through MO.

Installing FNIS with MO is a breeze really. short version is this:

- download the files you want (FNIS itself; creatures/spells etc are optional)

- install through MO

- if installing the optionals: make sure that the name is the same as the main file and MERGE when prompted.

- when installed, click on the gears icon to make the FNIS connection

You can find the "GenerateFNISforUsers.exe" in [MO install directory]\Mod Organizer\mods\Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users.

Hey presto.

The STEP Guide in srayesmanll's sig has MUCH more detailed instructions though. But this is the jist of it.

And FNIS works just fine with MO, despite Fore's message on Nexus.

To be clear, fore's statement refers specifically to his experience running MO under Windows 10 - not MO in general.  An fore stopped answering support questions for FNIS under MO long before W10.

And for full disclosure:  I am still using Win7, so if there is a specific issue with FNIS and MO under W10, I would not have experienced it.

if installing the optionals: make sure that the name is the same as the main file and MERGE when prompted.

I actually install them (the creature pack) separately - I tend to choose replace instead of merge when updating an optional so I have to install it all again post-61020-0-80262900-1466700873.gif (you don't want to know how many times I had to reinstall ETAC when I merged the optional patches in with the main ETAC files and then they released an update to a patch).

To be clear, fore's statement refers specifically to his experience running MO under Windows 10 - not MO in general.  An fore stopped answering support questions for FNIS under MO long before W10.

And for full disclosure:  I am still using Win7, so if there is a specific issue with FNIS and MO under W10, I would not have experienced it.

I should have specified... I do use Windows 10 and I haven't had any problems. Well... no problems with MO, Windows 10 and FNIS that is.

That thread is old and doesn't really apply to people using Mod Organizer nor the new Nexus Mod Manager.  It CAN work, but you have to do additional stuff to get it to work (and frankly with the new NMM, I don't know if it will work).  The STEP guide is long, but the FNIS section is small, and the basic steps listed by Vachnic work:

Installing FNIS with MO is a breeze really. short version is this:

- download the files you want (FNIS itself; creatures/spells etc are optional)

- install through MO

- if installing the optionals: make sure that the name is the same as the main file and MERGE when prompted.

- when installed, click on the gears icon to make the FNIS connection

You can find the "GenerateFNISforUsers.exe" in [MO install directory]\Mod Organizer\mods\Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users.

Hey presto.

have you a link for manuell install?

here

directly from nexus (download manually) should open nexus and start manual download automatically

drag and drop the finished download to nmm (recommended)

or extract zip to skyrim install

ok i drag and drop the finished download to nmm installed und actived.

used the GenerateFNISforUsers fpr update.

how i know  that works now?

i dont really know what that mod do itself. (i downloaded for hdt)

i read somethink about animations can that tested without more mods?

ok i drag and drop the finished download to nmm installed und actived.

used the GenerateFNISforUsers fpr update.

how i know  that works now?

i dont really know what that mod do itself. (i downloaded for hdt)

i read somethink about animations can that tested without more mods?

if u pressed generate fnis for users and it returned no warnings then u have successfully installed fnis

but just in case copy the log displayed (after it generates the behavior files) and put it here

Archived