Bethesda E3 Conference Livestream (Youtube Roosterteeth)

Sacremas

The free upgrade probably will break a lot of mods, which is likely the reason that is free for PC.  I would give Beth all the praise if they offer the upgrade to all owners of Skyrim, including consoles.  That would be very CD Projekt like. 

Otherwise it's basically compensation and bribe for mod users and creators on PC so Beth can leverage the PC community to milk console owners for more money.

Remastered sounds like a mixed blessing; you'll have a split down the modding community between

those who embrace the remastered version and those who refuse to change. I suppose there will be

benefits in being able to swap modding techniques between FO4 and Skyrim, but it seems like it might

just compete with FO4 for resources. I'm not going to fall all over myself to switch over, if ever.

Guest endgameaddiction

They are probably offering it for free to alleviate the tension going on with FO4 console mods. But wouldn't matter anyways because it would be a skyrim with console mods. The difference is that if the current mods do not work for this upgraded Skyrim, which I believe it won't, it gives modders a head start to DRM mods. So in a way, console peasants have already shot themselves in the foot for what they did to FO4. tsk tsk...

It better be offered for free. Just because of that doesn't mean they get any kudos.

And I'm going to be keeping an eye on who wants to vouch for the next FNIS... *yawn*

My forecast?

No need for FNIS, like FO4.

But still everything completely undocumented, and different from TESV5. (But probably the same of FO4.)

I actually think that they only change visuals. I mean the mods that are out now are working, so I don't think there is need to change something like that.

Modding Skyrim can never really come to an end, I know, but I think that there are not enough major mods coming out from now on, where something like that would help so much.

But hey, I only mod my game, but do not make mods myself so I don't know a lot about it and I could be wrong. Just what I was thinking.

For a second I hoped they'd bring Skyrim HD to Mac/Linux. But Bethesda would rather make a port for smartwatches, I guess.

as if you wouldnt enjoy cuffing up skyrim chars on a smartwatch. :P

The free upgrade probably will break a lot of mods, which is likely the reason that is free for PC.  I would give Beth all the praise if they offer the upgrade to all owners of Skyrim, including consoles.  That would be very CD Projekt like. 

Otherwise it's basically compensation and bribe for mod users and creators on PC so Beth can leverage the PC community to milk console owners for more money.

i will need a second instalment for my currend game. doubt that you can just trogh the upgrade in and are good to go.

The 2 workshop DLC for Fallout 4 seems very fun.

And Nuka world looks interesting.

Question: what mods have become obselete with the new Edition of Skyrim?

i cant see any more base building. cant even make them nice since the engine bugs compleetly out if you try do build full houses with interiors for 30 settlers + 10 cats and 10 dogs.^^

and to be honest i wish beth would focus on more complex dlcs like far harbor, i mean seriosly thats stuff that would have been made by moders if it not allready have been made...

if not for the workshop dlcs we could have gotten a 3rd intresting dlc.

Well its not a Bethesda game if it doesnt have bugs :P

Besides from what i saw Nuka World seems as big as Far harbor if not a little bigger, but right now we can only speculate.

i hope so, and we could have gotten a 3rd one like that. but maybe iam wrong on that and ww dlcs are free at the end.

So... question? Fallout 4: I guess they showed 3 new DLCs? Contraptions, Vault-Tec, and whatever the bit with Nuka-World is? For some reason I seem to remember hearing that the Season Pass would only be five DLCs - did that change, and they're all included, or is it only five? Because if it is five, and Contraptions and Vault-Tec are 4 and 5, that'd make all but one of the pass DLCs settlement workshop content... content I honestly have no interest in. >> I tried looking again just now, and maybe the pass actually includes everything? I don't know; wouldn't be as bad if that's the case, but...even so.

Skyrim: Special Edtion - ...ugh. WHY. Why remaster a game that's only five years old, and still looks pretty decent even unmodded, let alone with mods on PC, and (in my opinion, at least) has a rather boring story and setting? I'd much rather Morrowind (dated graphically, so it would benefit significantly from a remake, and, though I've never played it, I've always heard great things about it) or even Oblivion (I never actually finished it - always got sidetracked by mods, but would love to go back; I liked the story, and the setting had much more variety to it than Skyrim's "Snow. It's everywhere!").

And that's not even getting into the potential issues with mods... ...sigh.

Guest endgameaddiction

Well, this means a new Skyrim section here, and... a new Skyrim page for Nexus. Wonder what it'll be called. Skyrim Remaster? Skyrim Looks the same? Skyrim now has console mods? OMG WTF! No TES6? One of them would be suitable.

Remastered sounds like a mixed blessing; you'll have a split down the modding community between

those who embrace the remastered version and those who refuse to change. I suppose there will be

benefits in being able to swap modding techniques between FO4 and Skyrim, but it seems like it might

just compete with FO4 for resources. I'm not going to fall all over myself to switch over, if ever.

1 thing you forgot.

Those who have Skyrim and all the DLC will automatically upgrade to Remastered edition.

So there wont be a split, everyone will be on the same side.

I really hope it comes packaged as a seperate install- because it WILL wind up breaking mods that already exist.

Unless they went maximum lazy and are just releasing a full new set of graphics options and touching nothing else. Which could well be the case.

1 thing you forgot.

Those who have Skyrim and all the DLC will automatically upgrade to Remastered edition.

So there wont be a split, everyone will be on the same side.

WAT? No fuck them I don't want their trash tier upgrape and paid mod thefting shit.net.

Paid mod where? that was taken down a long time ago.

How about you calm down and stop assuming things.

As for the mod theft even i am mad but i am not going to go nuts over it. Fighting it will only make it worse.

As for bethesda.net you can simply not use it, you are not forced to use it.

I really hope it comes packaged as a seperate install- because it WILL wind up breaking mods that already exist.

Unless they went maximum lazy and are just releasing a full new set of graphics options and touching nothing else. Which could well be the case.

maybe thats why its free?

Let's please keep the discussion about the Skyrim remaster and its possible consequences to the two threads we have about it in the Skyrim General Discussion section. Otherwise we'll all be hopping around between three or potentially more of them, repeating ourselves.

As for the mod theft even i am mad but i am not going to go nuts over it. Fighting it will only make it worse.

I'm still not convinced about that, I'm not trust bethesda. Especially after that :P.

Yeah no one forcing yet :P and hope there will be not in the future :P

Hope its just graphic upgrades and nothing else.....

I'm still not convinced about that, I'm not trust bethesda. Especially after that :P.

Yeah no one forcing yet :P and hope there will be not in the future :P

Well here's hoping we can just play Skyrim in Offline mode meaning no updates. xD

So... question? Fallout 4: I guess they showed 3 new DLCs? Contraptions, Vault-Tec, and whatever the bit with Nuka-World is? For some reason I seem to remember hearing that the Season Pass would only be five DLCs - did that change, and they're all included, or is it only five? Because if it is five, and Contraptions and Vault-Tec are 4 and 5, that'd make all but one of the pass DLCs settlement workshop content... content I honestly have no interest in. >> I tried looking again just now, and maybe the pass actually includes everything? I don't know; wouldn't be as bad if that's the case, but...even so.

Skyrim: Special Edtion - ...ugh. WHY. Why remaster a game that's only five years old, and still looks pretty decent even unmodded, let alone with mods on PC, and (in my opinion, at least) has a rather boring story and setting? I'd much rather Morrowind (dated graphically, so it would benefit significantly from a remake, and, though I've never played it, I've always heard great things about it) or even Oblivion (I never actually finished it - always got sidetracked by mods, but would love to go back; I liked the story, and the setting had much more variety to it than Skyrim's "Snow. It's everywhere!").

Actually there was an announcement that the season pass program would be significantly upgraded, with like twice as much as originally promised. Now it turns out that the majority of that was of course workshop crap that like 5 % of us perhaps care about (more when we can build whorehouses, but we're not there yet), but Nuka World and at least one more big DLC is supposed to be after that and still included on the pass. Shortly after the announcement of that, the price for the DLC was pass was almost doubled as well, but those of us that paid the original price gets the full contnet, not surprisingly in the week before the price was jacked up the Fallout 4 season pass was in the top 3 best sellers on steam.

Regarding Skyrim Remastered, yeah if it's free then it'll be an automatic download, one you may not even be able to opt out of like with the high res texture pack. And Steam changed their update functions, where you can't set your game to not update ever again like you originally could. Do anyone know of any way other than playing offline to opt out of updates if you don't want them, because, y'know, they'll make 90 % of your mods break as is guaranteed? Pretty sure it would even break Mod Organizer entirely, and you'd have to use Mod Organizer 2 for Skyrim Remastered as well if it's 64 bit, hence I*m hoping that it's just a graphical update, with maybe a little more engine space without significant changes. And even then, a graphical update like that will break ENBseries for Skyrim entirely, the Fallout 4 ENBs are severely limited in waht they can do compared to Skyrim.

The most ideal would be to launch it as a new game, then just gift that to all owners of all the DLCs or Legendary edition. But would they be that clever?

Hope its just graphic upgrades and nothing else.....

Need a source. Description states that it has volumetric lights and higher resolution textures, so I assume it must run definitely on the Fallout 4 engine. We all know that Fallout4 has started as a Skyrim mod.

I don't think they would bump up the graphic , its kinda risky as hell especially on this ancient 32.

Actually there was an announcement that the season pass program would be significantly upgraded, with like twice as much as originally promised. Now it turns out that the majority of that was of course workshop crap that like 5 % of us perhaps care about (more when we can build whorehouses, but we're not there yet), but Nuka World and at least one more big DLC is supposed to be after that and still included on the pass. Shortly after the announcement of that, the price for the DLC was pass was almost doubled as well, but those of us that paid the original price gets the full contnet, not surprisingly in the week before the price was jacked up the Fallout 4 season pass was in the top 3 best sellers on steam.

Regarding Skyrim Remastered, yeah if it's free then it'll be an automatic download, one you may not even be able to opt out of like with the high res texture pack. And Steam changed their update functions, where you can't set your game to not update ever again like you originally could. Do anyone know of any way other than playing offline to opt out of updates if you don't want them, because, y'know, they'll make 90 % of your mods break as is guaranteed? Pretty sure it would even break Mod Organizer entirely, and you'd have to use Mod Organizer 2 for Skyrim Remastered as well if it's 64 bit, hence I*m hoping that it's just a graphical update, with maybe a little more engine space without significant changes. And even then, a graphical update like that will break ENBseries for Skyrim entirely, the Fallout 4 ENBs are severely limited in waht they can do compared to Skyrim.

The most ideal would be to launch it as a new game, then just gift that to all owners of all the DLCs or Legendary edition. But would they be that clever?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/489830 Its a separate game.

Archived