Follower doesn't follow

I'm trying to make a standalone follower, i'm pretty much finished except for that when i talk to her there is no option to make her follow me

I added Currentfollower -1 and Potentialfollower 0 but it still doesn't work

Anyone know how to fix this?

In the dialogue to "acquire the follower" just add a couple of line of code, like:

akSpeaker.setPlayerTeamMate()
akSpeaker.SetRelationshipRank(PlayerRef, 4)

I'm trying to make a standalone follower, i'm pretty much finished except for that when i talk to her there is no option to make her follow me

Select a voice type for followers, increase the disposition level to 85 and a add an ally relationship between your NPC and the player.

In the dialogue to "acquire the follower" just add a couple of line of code, like:

akSpeaker.SetRelationshipRank(PlayerRef, 4)

Thanks for replying, i have no idea where to find that though

I looked in the ck through edit and then dialogue but i can't find how to add it

Select a voice type for followers, increase the disposition level to 85 and a add an ally relationship between your NPC and the player.

this might be the problem

If you can "talk" then the voice type should not be a problem.

The disposition and the "ally" relationship may be.

i put the relationship to lover, i also set it to ally before but that didn't fix it so i don't think that's the problem

edit: the voice type change didn't do anything, where do i add those codes you talked about before?

Create a quest (if you don't have one yet.)

Create  player dialogue with one branch and one topic.

In the prompt type something like "You are now my follower" (or whatever you like)

In the topic info write an answer that is just "OK".

Then add a condition to have the ID equal to the actor.

Then you will see in the topic info window a section to add scripts (two fields on the bottom)

In the right one (End script) add the line I wrote (but because probably you don't know what a script property is, change them to:)

akSpeaker.SetRelationshipRank(Game.getPlayer(), 4)

Save, generate the SEQ file, and try.

Have a look to my follower tutorial (in my signature) for more info.
And if you need to know more about scripting, I did a guide for it too.

If you can "talk" then the voice type should not be a problem.

The disposition and the "ally" relationship may be.

i put the relationship to lover, i also set it to ally before but that didn't fix it so i don't think that's the problem

edit: the voice type change didn't do anything, where do i add those codes you talked about before?

To make a custom NPC follow you (using vanilla assets, of course), you just need to:

- select a proper voice type;

- set disposition high (above 75, I use 85)

- set currentfollower (value -1) and potentialfollower (value 0) factions

- create an relationship NPC - Player (Player as child)

Then use a clean save (a save where the NPC was never used) to test the NPC.

Check this tutorial (scroll down to part 4), or if you are in trouble pack the mod and send it to me and I'll check it.

Create a quest (if you don't have one yet.)

Create  player dialogue with one branch and one topic.

In the prompt type something like "You are now my follower" (or whatever you like)

In the topic info write an answer that is just "OK".

Then add a condition to have the ID equal to the actor.

Then you will see in the topic info window a section to add scripts (two fields on the bottom)

In the right one (End script) add the line I wrote (but because probably you don't know what a script property is, change them to:)

akSpeaker.SetRelationshipRank(Game.getPlayer(), 4)

Save, generate the SEQ file, and try.

Have a look to my follower tutorial (in my signature) for more info.
And if you need to know more about scripting, I did a guide for it too.

Sorry for hijack the topic ZelenEagle (your problem will be solved soon :shy:  ) but I'm working on a Dog follower...

CPU if you don't mind, do you think your method could work for a dog? Using DarkFox127 animal follower tutorial works only partially.

Sorry for hijack the topic ZelenEagle (your problem will be solved soon :shy:  ) but I'm working on a Dog follower...

CPU if you don't mind, do you think your method could work for a dog? Using DarkFox127 animal follower tutorial works only partially.

It should.

"Dogs" if you use the standard race can speak (have dialogues with the player.)

If your race is custom, just enable player dialogues in the custom race.

Now, if you want also to give all the stadard follower stuff, you may also want to use (call) the functions inside the DialogueFollower script quest.

Just reference it and call it.

It should.

"Dogs" if you use the standard race can speak (have dialogues with the player.)

If your race is custom, just enable player dialogues in the custom race.

Now, if you want also to give all the stadard follower stuff, you may also want to use (call) the functions inside the DialogueFollower script quest.

Just reference it and call it.

Dog Race has the follower dialogue by default? I wasn't aware of that. That should save me some time, thanks. :)

Dog Race has the follower dialogue by default? I wasn't aware of that. That should save me some time, thanks. :)

No!

It does not!

In Skyrim the player can speak only with a specific set of races. Not all of them.

For example you cannot speak to a giant or a spider.

But dog race is enabled for dialogue in Vanilla Skyrim (to support balabba in the Clavicus Vile quest.), but this does not implies that you get the standard follower dialogues by default.

But you can tweak them by adding a faction to the conditioning.

No!

It does not!

In Skyrim the player can speak only with a specific set of races. Not all of them.

For example you cannot speak to a giant or a spider.

But dog race is enabled for dialogue in Vanilla Skyrim (to support balabba in the Clavicus Vile quest.), but this does not implies that you get the standard follower dialogues by default.

But you can tweak them by adding a faction to the conditioning.

Oh, the Race has the dialogue box checked so I don't need to create a custom race with dialogue support. Thanks for explain that.

lol, go ahead

Archived