Creating a Translucent, Refracting Skin Texture?

imgww

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pop open the character meshes you want to have the same icicle type texture.

Open the frost atronach that comes with that icicle mod.

Copy branch of the BSShaderLightingProperty from the frost atronach.

Paste the branch into the body meshes, both _0 and _1, hands both _0 and _1 and feet _0 and _1, then repeat on a head mesh.

Change the NiTriShapeData for the body parts to the following.

BS Num UV Sets 4097

Has Normals yes

Has Vertex Colors no

Save them and test. :)

I've been messing around with Nifskope since the time I posted this. I can get a semi-transparent and glossy appearance with ease, but getting refraction/reflection via cube maps hasn't worked. When I change the shader type to environment mapping, add the appropriate flags and textures (slot 5+6), the game just crashes when loading the mesh! I'm still trying to figure this out.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been messing around with Nifskope since the time I posted this. I can get a semi-transparent and glossy appearance with ease, but getting refraction/reflection via cube maps hasn't worked. When I change the shader type to environment mapping, add the appropriate flags and textures (slot 5+6), the game just crashes when loading the mesh! I'm still trying to figure this out.

I would like to see what you have done so far if possible, can we see?

• 4 months later...

Archived