Conflicts:

It has been brought to my attention that an alternate start mod makes it difficult if not impossible to get the first mag, I don't use this mod and haven't researched it yet so I haven't a solution at the moment. the mod is:

Another Life: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14253/?

I've been using Alternate Life and I can attest to the fact that you can go and enter Vault 111 and clear it out at any time. I've only tried the Enclave Remnant and Craftsman starts (and have settled on Craftsman) and there has been a fast travel marker for the Vault with those starts. You do have to go through the Vault the same as with the vanilla start to get to the Overseer's office, but that isn't a biggie.

I was unable to re-enter vault 111 with Alternate Life installed and active in my load order. I do not know if the mod has been updated since that time. At this point, with the version that I have (which as far as I am aware is the initial release version) all the primary loot from the vault (cryolator, red menace, magazine, etc) are located in the elevator shack, not in the vault and the button to enter the vault was disabled.  

Conflicts:

It has been brought to my attention that an alternate start mod makes it difficult if not impossible to get the first mag, I don't use this mod and haven't researched it yet so I haven't a solution at the moment. the mod is:

Another Life: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14253/?

I've been using Alternate Life and I can attest to the fact that you can go and enter Vault 111 and clear it out at any time. I've only tried the Enclave Remnant and Craftsman starts (and have settled on Craftsman) and there has been a fast travel marker for the Vault with those starts. You do have to go through the Vault the same as with the vanilla start to get to the Overseer's office, but that isn't a biggie.

I was unable to re-enter vault 111 with Alternate Life installed and active in my load order. I do not know if the mod has been updated since that time. At this point, with the version that I have (which as far as I am aware is the initial release version) all the primary loot from the vault (cryolator, red menace, magazine, etc) are located in the elevator shack, not in the vault and the button to enter the vault was disabled.  

I'm running the latest version, 1.08 and have had nothing like what you described happen since I started using it, 1.07. I get 'teleported' to a start location and then can fast travel to the Vault, hit the big red button and carry on from there.

I've got about 200 mods installed, but here's my load order to compare against

Plugins.txt

That's now becoming a bit of a chore, keeping my mods up to date.

Couldn't play yesterday thanks to the last FO4 update which obsoleted F4SE which other mods rely on

That's pretty much the norm when you mod the game when it's still being patched.

That's now becoming a bit of a chore, keeping my mods up to date.

Couldn't play yesterday thanks to the last FO4 update which obsoleted F4SE which other mods rely on

That's pretty much the norm when you mod the game when it's still being patched.

Yep. Chore or not, its gotta be done.

Frankly, if we had the option to manually update, my game sessions wouldn't get so fucked up. I'd just wait until something like every Sunday, update the game, then go and get all the mod updates.

• 2 weeks later...

some of these perks are OP. why is there such a massive damage increase for these perks? i understand the armor increasing just to gave some survivability but a 10mm pistol going from 24 damage to over 100 with all of the perks is kind of ridiculous.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

For the magazine at the Red Rocket gas station it looks like in addition to the magazine, the entire cell is part of the mod. This however cause some problems "Spring Cleaning" mod. This mod allowed for a lot of clutter to be scrapped at the various settlements and for Red Rocket with the mod installed it no longer works. It is also not possible to change the load order since "Spring Cleaning" is an esm Mod.

Very interesting.  Seems the mod was working OK, then (somehow) it appeared to just stop, i.e. normal gun damage, etc.  I have (and love) Spring Cleaning, so maybe I haven't gone insane. Anyone else have this issue?  Would just not picking up the mag at Red Rocket resolve the issue?

Probably a stupid question, but what building is that arm chair in?

I was thinking Taffington Boat House, but no. Jamaica Plains? Nope. The Lighthouse? No. It can't be Bunker Hill with that flooring. In fact, it's probably not any of the settlements, which leaves ... somewhere else.

So now I'm being lame and asking for help.

I was thinking Taffington Boat House, but no. Jamaica Plains? Nope. The Lighthouse? No. It can't be Bunker Hill with that flooring. In fact, it's probably not any of the settlements, which leaves ... somewhere else.

Perhaps I've forgotten, but I believe it's in the first house on the right (2nd floor) coming into Concord from Sanctuary.

I'm enjoying the mod, but it does seem to mess with a some of other mods I'm also running. Not totally sure which ones yet, but it looks like (most importantly) Spring Cleaning, Loving Piper (Uhhh, have the orig. Piper face - Yuck!), Repaired Sanctuary Roofs - just for starters. Will try to add as I move forward.

Perhaps folks having issues with others should list them so that Daemonite knows and can address things if he (she) deems necessary.

Perhaps I've forgotten, but I believe it's in the first house on the right (2nd floor) coming into Concord from Sanctuary.

Good memory, sir (ma'am). Thank you!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/3/2016 at 9:22 PM, FLN1 said:

First one is next to the terminal in the overseer's office in vault 111. Second picture is right by the workbench of sanctuary. Third picture is in the bedroom of the players old house. Fourth is the Red Rocket. Fifth I'm not too sure about, sorry. Sixth is in the church at Concord I believe. Seventh is the boat crashed into a bridge that raiders are using as a base, can't remember the name of it though. Not really sure about the last one either. Hope some of that helped though.

Some more in-game description (details) of the perks would be nice as well. I would very much like to try a playthrough with this sometime after it's a little more fleshed out and polished. Very interesting concept and I look forward to seeing what becomes of it, well done Daemonite.

Someone might have beat me to it but I found it's name, Wreck of the USS Riptide (for those of you without all the markers, the bridge straight north of Diamond City)

Sorry if this is a repeat answer to that part

Curious, what mods are other people using on with this mod? I'm doing a survival run, just got a computer that can handle this game, and so far I feel like I'm at the limit. That is, after adding some graphic and immersion mods I'm not seeing anything else that can go with this. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Also, thanks for the mod. I find the concept of streaking across any fallout world hilarious and I love the chance to do so.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

OK I've got some advice for anyone who's looking to wear things like backpacks, pistol holsters ect.  I use modern firearms and modern sidearms, so when I picked up this mod (literally earlier today, Sat, Nov 10 2018) I experimented a bit.  Now the mod author (whom I bow to gratefully), has done a great job.  Modern firearms adds both weapons and armor for the sole survivor.  It also adds these to level lists.  I'm currently wearing ERT Tactical Holster, Tactical Harness, eyewear and a backpack.  I went looking for a harness because the backpacks from MF have no straps.  Now it looks like my sole survivor is actually wearing her sidearm, has a lightsaber on her belt, and is carrying her rifle.  As I use the AAF mod system, even this hasn't stopped her from having trouble, but at least she hasn't been killed yet.

• 9 months later...

Question. Does anyone in this very old thread know where the last mag is located? With the bed? I found every other location. Also, is this mod still being developed, or is it necro'ed?

Edit: ok, i read through the posts, and i answered my own question. 

Now, for anyone else who would like to know, here is the complete list of locations of these mags. 

*spoiler alert*

1. On the overseer's desk, Vault 111

2. Under the bed frame in your old house, Sanctuary.

3. In front of the red tool box on the floor, in the same alcove as the power armor stand, Sanctuary.

4. In front of the middle stanchion at the Red Rocket Station, where you first meet Dogmeat.

5. Upstairs under an easy chair, first house you come to when first entering Concord. 

6. In the pulpit of the church, Concord.

7. In the Wheelhouse of the U.S.S. Riptide, when crossing from Cambridge to Boston proper. 

8. Under Piper's bed, inside Publick Ocurrences, Diamond City. 

Hope that helps those that wondered. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/3/2016 at 10:22 PM, FLN1 said:

First one is next to the terminal in the overseer's office in vault 111. Second picture is right by the workbench of sanctuary. Third picture is in the bedroom of the players old house. Fourth is the Red Rocket. Fifth I'm not too sure about, sorry. Sixth is in the church at Concord I believe. Seventh is the boat crashed into a bridge that raiders are using as a base, can't remember the name of it though. Not really sure about the last one either. Hope some of that helped though.

Some more in-game description (details) of the perks would be nice as well. I would very much like to try a playthrough with this sometime after it's a little more fleshed out and polished. Very interesting concept and I look forward to seeing what becomes of it, well done Daemonite.

It would be nice. the pictures don't really give too much help except the blatantly obvious ones. its either you instantly know, or there's too many candidates that fit for locations. a more fleshed out list/guide would make it so you're not having to search every building in the commonwealth for them.

Also the fifth one is in the building on the second floor, closest to the red rocket and the two bloodbugs. the bottom floor of the house has a red couch so you know which house its in. The eighth one is in Pipers house, on the second floor next to the bed.

• 2 months later...

I ran into a weird issue where the game would CTD upon approaching any location where I had already picked up a magazine. I couldn't approach the Red Rocket or Sanctuary without getting a CTD and approaching the church in Concord would do the same thing. I didn't test the other locations but confirmed that upon uninstalling The Naked Commonwealth, the crashes went away.

I don't have Sim Settlements installed but perhaps it's a conflict with Loot Detector? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4380

6 hours ago, terdburgler said:

I ran into a weird issue where the game would CTD upon approaching any location where I had already picked up a magazine. I couldn't approach the Red Rocket or Sanctuary without getting a CTD and approaching the church in Concord would do the same thing. I didn't test the other locations but confirmed that upon uninstalling The Naked Commonwealth, the crashes went away.

I don't have Sim Settlements installed but perhaps it's a conflict with Loot Detector? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4380

It might be loot detector.  I don't use Sim Settlements either and have never crashed.

On 4/8/2020 at 4:12 PM, Rdawgx said:

It might be loot detector.  I don't use Sim Settlements either and have never crashed.

I figured it out. The magazine textures got corrupted. I reinstalled NakedCommonwealth and XXXmags then walked into Sanctuary and it works now. Fast Travel wasn't working at first but I think that was Scrap Everything misbehaving. After walking in, fast travel worked again.

• 3 years later...

Old thread, I know, but I seem to notice a pretty drastic increase in XP gain while using this mod.  Like, I had just hit level 2, then spoke to someone as part of the quest I was on, which rewarded me with enough XP to level up again.  And then I hit level 4 in the same session.  So... yeah, I feel like something is giving me a pretty big XP gain boost.

EDIT: I think I should note that the XP increase only seems to occur at points when I would be awarded XP for a step in a quest.  I've seen well over 400 XP in one go... I'm fairly certain I'm at a much higher level than I would be without the mod installed.

Edited by Canucklehead1980
Additional information