And perhaps some people should learn how to install mods manually rather than rely on a mod loader. Rude comments like the first one by Mondo are the exact kind of thing that can put the modder in the frame of mind not to continue work on their mod.  

That's like saying we should all drive vintage cars so we can learn how to fix them ourselves instead of relying on modern computer-controlled vehicles... I know you're not the first to express this 'everyone should learn manual modding' notion, but it just doesn't hold up. Look at what's happened with modding since Morrowind or Oblivion; the tools get ever more advanced, the ease of access brings in more users and some of those users will dive deeper into mod creation. We all benefit, and arguably our community wouldn't exist if we were stuck living with manual Data folder management.

I respect the hell out of people who micromanage their Data folder, Wrye Bash everything to keep the cleanest builds possible, etc. But that's purist modding. For the vast majority of us the real progress is driven by the tools that handle as much back-end stuff as possible for us.

So that said Mondo could have worded it more politely, but he's absolutely right in insisting that modders meet some basic standard when posting a new thread for their work, namely that they: Describe what their mod does; provide an image or images if it's a visual mod, and package it in a way that is functional for the vast majority of users.

I admit that I did start modding my games before the current set of mod loaders even existed, so I didn't have much choice but to learn to manipulate my data folder.  And I do not disagree that there are basic things that all mod authors should do, and the one that really gets my underpants in a bunch is not including a readme file with important details about the mod (talking to you Kendo).  And please believe me Captn, I don't mess around with WryeBash or anything of that sort, it is just that simply knowing where to find the data folder and what should be inside it is something that I feel we (people who install mods) really ought to know so that we are able to do basic debugging of our own systems. I have had instances where the mod loaders have installed mods based on my folder setup but the user has a different setup and the mod doesn't work right for them, there are some things that the author just cannot fix.

Suggestion: Is it possible to make it so you can exclude certain clothing from counting as not nude?

I know that Dibellan Defender had an option like that i Skyrim so I imagine that it should be able to be doe at some point.  Defender utilized an MCM menu to control that option which isn't doable yet because the mcm would require something equivelent to the SKSE which is not ready to go yet as far as I am aware.

TL;DR version is tools are not ready for an effective way to do that without major changes being made.  You could try altering which bodyslot the armor takes in CK as a workaround for now.

Actually shoes might still be doable.  The perks are set so that anything in body slot 33 removes the bonuses but everything else does not interfere.  Shoes occupy slots 39 and 40 if I remember right.  The problem is finding just a pair of shoes.

Hi

Ive been pursuing this naked question thing for months now..........is it not possible to change this in FO4Edit?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56114-naked-flag/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60411-zenna-outfits/

Zenna got the boots :angel:

Edit: Ok you are talking about all NPC's ingame recognizing nakedness.........as for now its only companions/lovers recognizing nakedness....

Sorry

Actually shoes might still be doable.  The perks are set so that anything in body slot 33 removes the bonuses but everything else does not interfere.  Shoes occupy slots 39 and 40 if I remember right.  The problem is finding just a pair of shoes.

Hi

Ive been pursuing this naked question thing for months now..........is it not possible to change this in FO4Edit?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56114-naked-flag/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60411-zenna-outfits/

Zenna got the boots :angel:

Edit: Ok you are talking about all NPC's ingame recognizing nakedness.........as for now its only companions/lovers recognizing nakedness....

Sorry

Actually we were discussing the magazine perks themselves.  They will not function when wearing main bodyslot items but on occasion someone will want to put something on for asthetic value. 

Good tips on the boots though.  I've been looking over armorsmith extended on nexus to see what can be used to add a little visual interest without needing to get dressed.

Suggestion: Is it possible to make it so you can exclude certain clothing from counting as not nude?

I know that Dibellan Defender had an option like that i Skyrim so I imagine that it should be able to be doe at some point.  Defender utilized an MCM menu to control that option which isn't doable yet because the mcm would require something equivelent to the SKSE which is not ready to go yet as far as I am aware.

TL;DR version is tools are not ready for an effective way to do that without major changes being made.  You could try altering which bodyslot the armor takes in CK as a workaround for now.

I do believe F4SE is available. As far as it's functionality, I don't know if it's up to par with SKSE.

http://f4se.silverlock.org/

Actually we were discussing the magazine perks themselves.  They will not function when wearing main bodyslot items but on occasion someone will want to put something on for asthetic value. 

Good tips on the boots though.  I've been looking over armorsmith extended on nexus to see what can be used to add a little visual interest without needing to get dressed.

I know that there is the concealed armor mod for combat armor that allows it to be made invisible. So as long as the character does not have on the chest piece, they should be able to have the perks and still appear nude. I admit that I've done that simply for adding freefall to the legs.  :blush:  I have a character who is running around apparently with nothing on other than some of LordEscobar's piercings and a pair of glasses but still over 400 damage and energy resistance.  Not great if getting into a fight with a deathclaw or sentry bot; but not horrible.

I know that there is the concealed armor mod for combat armor that allows it to be made invisible. So as long as the character does not have on the chest piece, they should be able to have the perks and still appear nude. I admit that I've done that simply for adding freefall to the legs.  :blush:  I have a character who is running around apparently with nothing on other than some of LordEscobar's piercings and a pair of glasses but still over 400 damage and energy resistance.  Not great if getting into a fight with a deathclaw or sentry bot; but not horrible.

I don't think we were very clear on what the issue was.  The mod enables you to run around naked just fine.  Literally naked without any invisible armor or nude suit business.  The issue is to be able to have the perks that this mod provides AND still wear things like belt, shoes etc.  This mod makes things like invisible armor unnecessary and if the two were combined you would have better protection than power armor provides.

The perks in this mod disable themselves if the player equips anything that occupies the main bodyslot.  That slot is for items such as the vault suit or drifter outfit.  The chest piec for armor does not occupy that slot therefore there is no need to make it invisible.  None of the armor pieces do ecept for power armor itself.

I do believe F4SE is available. As far as it's functionality, I don't know if it's up to par with SKSE.

http://f4se.silverlock.org/

I stand corrected and thank you for finding out.  Whether or not it is up to par I don't know.  Someone who knows more than I do will might be able to tell us if they've had time to design anything with that tool.

Everything seems to worik fine for me, though the damage enhancements may be a little much considering how easy it is to get the magazines. I did notice an oddity with energy weapons.

With naked commonwealth deactivated;

post-49046-0-34477400-1465747965_thumb.jpg

With naked commonwealth active, energy weapons are remarkable effective.

post-49046-0-00244400-1465748061_thumb.jpg

It looks like the new foliage mod Resurrection http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11121/? wipes out the Red Rocket magazine.  Probably because it puts a big ass bush right where the magazine is in the picture.  It's easy enough to get around using the console to give myself the magazine, just thought I'd give ya a heads up about it since I expect a lot of people to wind up using that mod once it gets stabilized and out of beta.

It looks like the new foliage mod Resurrection http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11121/? wipes out the Red Rocket magazine.  Probably because it puts a big ass bush right where the magazine is in the picture.  It's easy enough to get around using the console to give myself the magazine, just thought I'd give ya a heads up about it since I expect a lot of people to wind up using that mod once it gets stabilized and out of beta.

I suppose that's going to be the real killer for mods like these which add magazine quests to the game. Worldspace edits can't be made compatible very easily.

If you're adding magazines, I wonder if you could add them to various book return machines throughout the Commonwealth? There's a Mass. Surgical Journal in one of them, so finding magazines in them makes sense, and editing them might not interfere with the worldspace, allowing for more compatibility with other mods.

I suppose that's going to be the real killer for mods like these which add magazine quests to the game. Worldspace edits can't be made compatible very easily.

If you're adding magazines, I wonder if you could add them to various book return machines throughout the Commonwealth? There's a Mass. Surgical Journal in one of them, so finding magazines in them makes sense, and editing them might not interfere with the worldspace, allowing for more compatibility with other mods.

How about placing them on named raiders like Red?

• 2 weeks later...

Everything seems to worik fine for me, though the damage enhancements may be a little much considering how easy it is to get the magazines. I did notice an oddity with energy weapons.

With naked commonwealth deactivated;

attachicon.gifwithoutnaked.jpg

With naked commonwealth active, energy weapons are remarkable effective.

attachicon.gifWithNaked.jpg

I noticed that as well but it seems to be just a display error as the numbers I see in the pip-boy are far higher than I see my weapon damage in action.

I think this is good mod and liked the naked gun mod on Fallout 3 and Fallout Vegas but I am waiting for someone if they can to bring out an naked comments so npc can notes your nudity more I know some of the companions do sometimes say from time to time on your nudity but to naked comments comes out it don't feel all like a full nude mod to me but I do like what you got going here so keep up the good work :)

An idea occurred to me regarding this mod, but also perks in general.

The thing is, AFAIK, the perk selection is now fixed to the perk chart, the 70 perks that came in vanilla and the Far Harbour DLC simply adds ranks to the existing perks with extra 'secondary' perks tacked onto the extra ranks.

It seems we're stuck with 'magazine' perks, if a mod author wants to introduce 'new' perks. Unfortunately, this means you can just find all the magazine perks and be OP too early, ruining the experience, immersion and game.

But, is it not possible to 'level lock' a magazine perk as well?

Imagine for this mod for example, there would be a hidden safe in the Sole Survivor's house in Sanctuary. It contains all the 'perks', but you can only 'acquire/read' them when your level is appropriate or you have a certain SPECIAL stat level, for game balance. In this way, you can build an entire character off the 'mag perks' only, and only go to the normal perk chart to level your SPECIAL or a vanilla perk that you need.

The mod should also not just check for the chest slot whether the nudity perks apply, but also arms, legs, feet and head. Any armor on any slot and you're not au naturel anymore. The only slot that you can wear something would be eyewear.

Really need to buckle down and get to grips with the CK...

The perk gating situation can be resolved in a number of ways. A set of quests would work out, which also lets the earning of perks be a bit more immersive as the quests could have tasks assigned to them alongside having requirements. Or a simple level requirement that has you return to an npc like the upgrades for the SIlver Shroud's armor.

As for how armor interacts with the perks, I'd say that the core perks shouldn't be affected by having armor on, but some advanced perks could necessitate greater degrees of nudity in exchange for being able to emulate some of the benefits of armor like legendary effects. Plus a branch of the perks could be dedicated to those who wear armor pieces yet still leave their bodies largely exposed. 

Just my .02

Urgh, this limbo time between old and new LL is annoying. Now have to check both.

Anyway, I've been playing around on the CK, learning, testing etc, and I've found FO4 really doesn't like Mags that adds 'major' level perks.

Everytime I attach a new perk design to a duplicated object, such as a Public Occurrences issue, so that you get the perk on read... it just doesn't work. I go back into the CK, edit the ESP and see that the CK didn't attach the perk to the object at all (despite that I clearly did it beforehand and saved etc.) Oh sure, you can find your custom Mag in the game, but 'add perk' ain't happening for me.

As such I've been experimenting with merely changing vanilla perks in both function and description to assist in a nude playthrough on survival, and so far it works. I've got no clue yet on textures, pipboy animations in pipboy and on the perk chart to change that though... for that I'd need someone more talented artistically and with a working photoshop (which I dont have :-( 

Hi

For the magazine at the Red Rocket gas station it looks like in addition to the magazine, the entire cell is part of the mod. This however cause some problems "Spring Cleaning" mod. This mod allowed for a lot of clutter to be scrapped at the various settlements and for Red Rocket with the mod installed it no longer works. It is also not possible to change the load order since "Spring Cleaning" is an esm Mod.

What I kind of missing (don't know if that makes it too much overkill) is a magazine that raises the radiation resistance. Yes there are already perks that do that, but even with those it is not enough to walk the glowing see without constantly having to take red x and radeway. It would be nice with enough magazines to do the glowing see without a power armor or hazmat suit.

Hi

---

What I kind of missing (don't know if that makes it too much overkill) is a magazine that raises the radiation resistance. Yes there are already perks that do that, but even with those it is not enough to walk the glowing see without constantly having to take red x and radeway. It would be nice with enough magazines to do the glowing see without a power armor or hazmat suit.

There is a item you can get constant access to from the quest 'The Secret of Cabot House'. Its almost the only quest where you can be a evil in a way, and its required to get a constant supply of the item. The 'mysterious serum' essentially negates the rads you get from vanilla Glowing Sea for a period of time - I think it's 8 rad/sec, and provides a nice STR boost.

Of course, if you're like me, and use a mod to make the glowing sea actually be frakking dangerous and deadly, (40+ rads/sec) then its gonna take much more. Perhaps playing around with either the Solar Powered/ Ghoulish perk can yield something workable, yet still challenging...

Hi

---

There is a item you can get constant access to from the quest 'The Secret of Cabot House'. Its almost the only quest where you can be a evil in a way, and its required to get a constant supply of the item. The 'mysterious serum' essentially negates the rads you get from vanilla Glowing Sea for a period of time - I think it's 8 rad/sec, and provides a nice STR boost.

Of course, if you're like me, and use a mod to make the glowing sea actually be frakking dangerous and deadly, (40+ rads/sec) then its gonna take much more. Perhaps playing around with either the Solar Powered/ Ghoulish perk can yield something workable, yet still challenging...

Still it would be nice. It would make the whole concept a little bit more complete. Right now, I take a power armor for the glowing see.

And I thought, it might make sense. And you can always make suggestions.  :)

Conflicts:
It has been brought to my attention that an alternate start mod makes it difficult if not impossible to get the first mag, I don't use this mod and haven't researched it yet so I haven't a solution at the moment. the mod is:
Another Life: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14253/?

I've been using Alternate Life and I can attest to the fact that you can go and enter Vault 111 and clear it out at any time. I've only tried the Enclave Remnant and Craftsman starts (and have settled on Craftsman) and there has been a fast travel marker for the Vault with those starts. You do have to go through the Vault the same as with the vanilla start to get to the Overseer's office, but that isn't a biggie.