View File

Apologies for not responding to thread posts, life and learning the CK still were slowing me down.

This is my first released mod. It's a mod that assist in Nudist Playthroughs, most of the perks, added through magazines, are Charisma based.

There are probably going to be future updates with more perks, also maybe balancing, flavour text, textures and what have you.

The screenshots show/give hints to where the mags are these placements are subject to change in future updates. (Also sometimes the magazines vanish/ clip through things)

With the new update I added flavour text to some of the mags and rewrote the perk descriptions to give a better idea of what the perks are meant to do. Some may have noticed the similarity to The Naked Gun mod for FO3 and FNV, this mod started as a new version of that but I haven't recived word from the original creator of the mod so I changed the functionality.

I also noticed that mags already in your inventory don't gain the new flavour text I think storing them somewhere safe then changing cells and returning should fix this but I'm not sure.

Perks:

Nudist: You feel compelled to emulate the people in that magazine. With you being naked it often distracts everyone around you, allowing you to hit harder and talk faster. And without your clothes rustling as you move you're harder to detect when hiding.

Masochist: After you discovered your spouses plan for your training you become obsessed with being the masochist whore they desired.
While naked, like your late Master wanted, you are able to take more abuse.

The Streaker: Now that you know the joy and have the desire to run onto the field naked all you need is the field... Pity the world ended. Then again there is always the battlefield.
You now run faster, dodge better and the endorphins in your system from your constant arousal allow you to carry more.

The Nudist Gun 1-5: You're getting back to nature, rather than using smarts you're using your sexy instinct to fight.
While you are without clothes you speCial instinct adjusts your damage and armour.

Conflicts:
It has been brought to my attention that an alternate start mod makes it difficult if not impossible to get the first mag, I don't use this mod and haven't researched it yet so I haven't a solution at the moment. the mod is:
Another Life: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14253/?

Also that alternate texture mods for magazines may cause ctds I will most likely replace the textures with my own/borrowed ones later to avoid this, but as I haven't yet learnt or found appropriate images it remains a conflict.

Buddy both nexus mod manager and ModOrganizer need to install them via archives.  Raw esp files make it trick for some people.

Said people should probably learn to make the transition from just an esp file to NMM/MO2 mod folder/archive. It's a good skill to have and easy to learn.

Buddy both nexus mod manager and ModOrganizer need to install them via archives.  Raw esp files make it trick for some people.

Said people should probably learn to make the transition from just an esp file to NMM/MO2 mod folder/archive. It's a good skill to have and easy to learn.

Is there a decent tutorial that you can point me towards for the conversion?

To assist the unhelpful mod creator - just make a zip file out of the esp using winzip etal to make in a zip then load in via nexus/moo

Mod works and like the idea, I would prefer a list of where they are - only one i recognise is red rocket - perhaps a txt in the download for those of us who want to know?

seems to blackscreen and crash whenever i pick one up. probably a texture error. can add via console just can't look at it in the inventory. (yes i have texture mods for most books). it does add a perk though.

seems to be working fine now

To assist the unhelpful mod creator - just make a zip file out of the esp using winzip etal to make in a zip then load in via nexus/moo

Mod works and like the idea, I would prefer a list of where they are - only one i recognise is red rocket - perhaps a txt in the download for those of us who want to know?

Thanks for the info.  Everything seems to work fairly well for me so far.

First one is next to the terminal in the overseer's office in vault 111. Second picture is right by the workbench of sanctuary. Third picture is in the bedroom of the players old house. Fourth is the Red Rocket. Fifth I'm not too sure about, sorry. Sixth is in the church at Concord I believe. Seventh is the boat crashed into a bridge that raiders are using as a base, can't remember the name of it though. Not really sure about the last one either. Hope some of that helped though.

Some more in-game description (details) of the perks would be nice as well. I would very much like to try a playthrough with this sometime after it's a little more fleshed out and polished. Very interesting concept and I look forward to seeing what becomes of it, well done Daemonite.

And perhaps some people should learn how to install mods manually rather than rely on a mod loader. Rude comments like the first one by Mondo are the exact kind of thing that can put the modder in the frame of mind not to continue work on their mod.  

Personally I'm very pleased so far, though there are things I want to know; for example, what does the Streaker perk do?  More descriptions for the perk list would be really cool. I may try making magazine textures for this, it is time I learned how to do stuff like that. No promises though and I'm sure the author has their own ideas.  Keep up the good work!

And perhaps some people should learn how to install mods manually rather than rely on a mod loader. Rude comments like the first one by Mondo are the exact kind of thing that can put the modder in the frame of mind not to continue work on their mod.  

Personally I'm very pleased so far, though there are things I want to know; for example, what does the Streaker perk do?  More descriptions for the perk list would be really cool. I may try making magazine textures for this, it is time I learned how to do stuff like that. No promises though and I'm sure the author has their own ideas.  Keep up the good work!

If you open the mod using CK you can find the perks and see just what it is that they do. Haven't had time to look at it too closely yet myself, perhaps the author will update some more info soon though.

This is a good start. It reminds me of The Naked Gun (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/13810) for Fallout 3.

I had started some work on a nudism mod for Fallout 4 a while ago. I was going to have a buildable nude armor that was customisable. Instead of applying ballistic weave to enhance it, there would be things like "Thick Skinned" and "Iron Flesh" to increase damage resistance, and other misc mods like "Greased Up" (increases movement speed). Part of the joke was that the required ingredients for constructing these mods would be various alcohols (rather than requiring cloth and leather, it'd just require two beers or a bottle of whisky). If you want to implement any of these ideas in your mod, go for it.

I'm quite keen to see how this mod develops.

If you open the mod using CK you can find the perks and see just what it is that they do. Haven't had time to look at it too closely yet myself, perhaps the author will update some more info soon though.

I realize that, but I'm curious to see what Daemonite puts in as the text and I'm willing to wait for that.

Edit: Just as a FYI, Another Life, which is the first alternate start mod released to Nexus, blocks re-entry to Vault 111, so the mag there cannot be gotten after the player has left the vault or if the player does not start in the vault.

err   what does this do? the description is a bit unclear.

Adds in a number of magazines that provide bonus perks as long as you are naked.  Most of the bonuses as of right now are based off of your charisma state using it to provide multipliers to various stats such as weapon damage and armor rating boosts.  Still in beta as far as I know.

Primary perks granted as of right now are:

Masochist- flat 30 armor increase.

Nudist- 3 effects.  Adds Charisma stat*2 damage to all weapons/damage dealt, doubles charisma check modifier for as charisma related things such as speach checks, 25% increased sneak bonus

The Nudist Gun- 5 ranks achiavable, 2 effects.  First rank increases damage by 1 for each point of charisma, increases armor rating by 1 for each point of charisma.  Scales to charisma*3 damage increase and charisma*5 armor boost at level 5 of perk.

Streaker- No idea.  I'm looking at it in creation kit and it states it does something on hit and the effect is listed as modlegendaryweaponmovementspeed. Some one better than I am will have to tell us what that means.

So lets say you have a charisma 5 character with the above perks.  While wearing no clothes you should receive a bonus 30 to armor rating from masochism, plus 15 damage from nudist and nudist gun, 25% harder to detect while sneaking, effective charisma 10 for buying/selling/speech etc, and 25 armor from nudist gun.

So far the mod only checks main body slot to determine if clothed or not.  if you wear a dress or vault suit or anything similar you do not benefit from the perks.  It does not stop you from wearing body armor.  In my test I ended up with over 300 armor rating from just leather armor before entering the museum in Concord. 

Part of the issue from what I can tell it was adding the armor boost to the individual pieces, wedding ring, sunglasses and hat I was wearing and when I got the 2nd level of nudist gun it appears it doubled the total armor rating of each piece rather than the bonus amount from charisma.  the net result was 42 armor provided by each of my leg armors and similar with everything else.  Only power armor provided better protection.

Not sure how to fix aside from simply not wearing the different pieces. Could be an issue if you get a backpack for aesthetic purposes the ends up protecting better than full combat armor. 

Hope this answers your question as well as brings light to potential issues for anyone looking to test it out.

***Edit***

I was looking over the masochist effect again and I realized I may be wrong about what it does. The effect states that it modifies damage resistance.  Could be damage reduction on par with Lone Wanderer perk.  Utilizes different approach if it does.

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up, but some of the magazines don't seem to do anything. Going Commando isn't a mag, it's just a blank note, for an example. For reference, this is the one you find at the Red Rocket Station.

The author has been working on getting flavor text added with updates.  At release none of them were anything other than a cover and most the perks had no descriptive text at all.  Did you check under your perks in your pipboy to see if the nudist gun perk had been added there?

After uninstalling this some of the perk side effects stayed active. Main ones i have noticed are the ridiculously fast walk speed and reload speed. Was able to reset walk speed with console command. Haven't figured out how to reset the reload speed.

That's like saying we should all drive vintage cars so we can learn how to fix them ourselves instead of relying on modern computer-controlled vehicles... I know you're not the first to express this 'everyone should learn manual modding' notion, but it just doesn't hold up. Look at what's happened with modding since Morrowind or Oblivion; the tools get ever more advanced, the ease of access brings in more users and some of those users will dive deeper into mod creation. We all benefit, and arguably our community wouldn't exist if we were stuck living with manual Data folder management.

I respect the hell out of people who micromanage their Data folder, Wrye Bash everything to keep the cleanest builds possible, etc. But that's purist modding. For the vast majority of us the real progress is driven by the tools that handle as much back-end stuff as possible for us.

So that said Mondo could have worded it more politely, but he's absolutely right in insisting that modders meet some basic standard when posting a new thread for their work, namely that they: Describe what their mod does; provide an image or images if it's a visual mod, and package it in a way that is functional for the vast majority of users.

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up, but some of the magazines don't seem to do anything. Going Commando isn't a mag, it's just a blank note, for an example. For reference, this is the one you find at the Red Rocket Station.

The author has been working on getting flavor text added with updates.  At release none of them were anything other than a cover and most the perks had no descriptive text at all.  Did you check under your perks in your pipboy to see if the nudist gun perk had been added there?

Yeah I did, and there were no gun perks there. Is there a specific order you have to collect them in maybe?

Yeah I did, and there were no gun perks there. Is there a specific order you have to collect them in maybe?

No order and nudist gun starts with that mag. After reading you post I did a run through with a fresh char and didn't run into any issue on my end.  I'm not sure why you aren't getting anything from picking up the magazine. 

Are you running any mods that alter that location or alter books/magazines?  I run a fairly basic mod list ad if there is a conflict I can try matching my list to yours to recreate again.  I do know that at least one person had ctd issues when running this with a book texture pack.  Could be something similar happening here.

No order and nudist gun starts with that mag. After reading you post I did a run through with a fresh char and didn't run into any issue on my end.  I'm not sure why you aren't getting anything from picking up the magazine. 

Are you running any mods that alter that location or alter books/magazines?  I run a fairly basic mod list ad if there is a conflict I can try matching my list to yours to recreate again.  I do know that at least one person had ctd issues when running this with a book texture pack.  Could be something similar happening here.

I'm using quite a few mods at the moment, the only one I can think of that possibly would screw things up is Resurrection (grass overhaul). I will deactivate that, and try again. Thanks for your help!

To Daemonite : Thanks for this mod, and keep up the good work! Now my character has a good reason to pursue her adventures without unnecessary clothes. :cool:

Just a thing, I found the increase of speed of movement and recharging a little too much raised to my taste, thus I modified them with FO4Edit, but the other perks are still fine.

After uninstalling this some of the perk side effects stayed active. Main ones i have noticed are the ridiculously fast walk speed and reload speed. Was able to reset walk speed with console command. Haven't figured out how to reset the reload speed.

This mod adds two spells to the main character, "Masochist" and "The Streaker". Maybe that last spell (which modify walk speed and reload speed) is still active in your game even if you have uninstalled the mod.

You should open the console menu, and type "help streaker 0", then you will see the ID of the spell (not the perk), then type "player.removespell" <ID> to effectively remove that spell.

If you don't see anything with "help streaker 0" you should reinstall the mod before that.

This mod adds two spells to the main character, "Masochist" and "The Streaker". Maybe that last spell (which modify walk speed and reload speed) is still active in your game even if you have uninstalled the mod.

You should open the console menu, and type "help streaker 0", then you will see the ID of the spell (not the perk), then type "player.removespell" <ID> to effectively remove that spell.

If you don't see anything with "help streaker 0" you should reinstall the mod before that.

Didn't work. Still have the ridiculous reload speed. I would definitely continue to use this mod if not for the walk speed and reload speed.

Didn't work. Still have the ridiculous reload speed. I would definitely continue to use this mod if not for the walk speed and reload speed.

The update from last night completely removes the reload speed boost, still looks like the walk speed is set a bit high though.  Looking at it in the ck it looks like it is a X15 multiplier from base speed.  Previous it was at 75 though.

I did notice one potential issue other than the streaker perk.  The nudist perk is set to begin after you get the second nudist gun magazine.  This normally wouldn't be a issue except for the fact that the way it is set now you have to find that one singular magazine in order for the perk to activate.  I'm looking over how the other mags in the vanilla game are designed to see f there is a way to avoid having to proceed in order. 

Course it could also have been a typo.  If the mod author hasn't updated things befre I can find out I'll send him what I find.