Neck Seam for SuitDreams - Sexy Female Clothes pack CBBE?

So I've been using "Suit Dreams - Sexy Female Clothes pack CBBE" to get the sexy Unzipped Vault Suit and the Variation with the Bra as well, and I've been getting a very noticeable neck seam. I uninstalled my texture packs, changed BodySlide presets and messed with the sliders, and even reinstalled CBBE all to no avail. I posted some comments on both the mod authors pages of the Suits and of CBBE.

The author of CBBE said that it was the armor mod causing the neck seam, but gave no way to fix it. Any ideas on how I might go about fixing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9043/?

Screenshots:

TbYs2eQ.jpg

mw2JmKl.jpg

ddOd47U.jpg

Do you have CBBE Bodyslide installed as well ?

Just a guess ... if you run Batch-Convert with your favorite body on the Suit Dreams outfit, the seam should vanish ...

I´m currently downloading Suit Dreams ... will take a while (slow internet :( ) ... then I´ll see myself ...

I don´t know if its the case, but some people get neckseams when using some extreme sliders (chest/breast too big, etc).

it can also happen if youre using a custom head mesh.

*Just tried the suit on my game and there is no seam.(Im using an old version tho)

Do you have CBBE Bodyslide installed as well ?

Just a guess ... if you run Batch-Convert with your favorite body on the Suit Dreams outfit, the seam should vanish ...

I´m currently downloading Suit Dreams ... will take a while (slow internet :( ) ... then I´ll see myself ...

Yea I batch built all of the suits using the Ida BodySlide preset created by Fuse00 (the guy who made Valkyr face and body textures). I've also tried building them seperately; I tested a few other presets in BodySlide including Sevenbase, CBBE Curvy, and a few others. No dice, the seam remains.

Thanks for taking a look into this.

EDIT: And to be clear, the gap is only there when I have these armors on. Take it off, and it's gone.

EDIT2: His mod's description shows that it's compatbile with CBBE v1.4 and CBBE is now on v1.7 (this is the one I have installed) and I'm thinking maybe that has something to do with the neck seam issue? I'm not entirely sure what effect having a newer version of CBBE would have on the armors, or what I'd have to do to go about fixing it, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

I just installed Suit Dreams and crafted all outfits ... all I´ve seen was some minor clipping with hair and collar ... same as vanilla outfits show ... no gap nor neckseam ...

I´m using the CBBE Curvy body v1.7 and it´s armor replacer (without physics) ... no other body, face or hair mods ...

I first installed the Suit Dreams Bodyslide pack ... then the meshes ... then the textures ...

I´m using the Nexus Mod Manager ...

No Batch-Convert necessary for me ...

Are you using additional mods changing face, hair or eyes ?

(For some reason I can´t open your screenshots ... so I can´t tell from them)

Edit :

After taking a look to this sites content, I was able to download your screens via Firefox ... your hairstyle doesn´t look vanilla to me ...

Have you installed a hair-mod ?

And I have to admit ... there is a very little neckseam with me ... not visible in 3rd person ... as I tested first ...

post-121551-0-67965700-1464925983_thumb.jpg

... but with tfc zooming in very close ...

post-121551-0-46112400-1464926105_thumb.jpg

I don´t mind this little scar-like seam ... but your gap would be bugging me ...

I just installed Suit Dreams and crafted all outfits ... all I´ve seen was some minor clipping with hair and collar ... same as vanilla outfits show ... no gap nor neckseam ...

I´m using the CBBE Curvy body v1.7 and it´s armor replacer (without physics) ... no other body, face or hair mods ...

I first installed the Suit Dreams Bodyslide pack ... then the meshes ... then the textures ...

I´m using the Nexus Mod Manager ...

No Batch-Convert necessary for me ...

Are you using additional mods changing face, hair or eyes ?

(For some reason I can´t open your screenshots ... so I can´t tell from them)

Edit :

After taking a look to this sites content, I was able to download your screens via Firefox ... your hairstyle doesn´t look vanilla to me ...

Have you installed a hair-mod ?

And I have to admit ... there is a very little neckseam with me ... not visible in 3rd person ... as I tested first ...

attachicon.gif20160603054211_1.jpg

... but with tfc zooming in very close ...

attachicon.gif20160603054049_1.jpg

I don´t mind this little scar-like seam ... but your gap would be bugging me ...

Yea I'm using a hair from the "Misc Hairs" that was uploaded here on LL awhile back. I'm also using Valkyr's Face and Body Textures. I have the Scar Seam all the time, as Ousnius from CBBE said it was a constant from using a body mod. The gap seam is only on the armor mod though. I tried various different body and face textures and the seam remains (no way in hell can I go back to the original CBBE textures after trying SSS, Valkyr's, or the Young Texture packs).

I use a different body than the basic Curvy from BodySlide. I use the Ida Bodyslide Preset created by Fuse00 and uploaded to his "Valkyr Body Textures for CBBE". I'll try a different hair and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: So it's not the hair. After trying the Vanilla "Elegant" hairstyle, the seam remains.

The issue is with the suit mesh itself, but I don't know what it is.

It has nothing to do with any textures, hair styles or updates to CBBE.

Anything that worked on CBBE 1.0 will work on CBBE 1.7 (minus the new sliders that were added).

Anything that worked on CBBE 1.0 will work on CBBE 1.7 (minus the new sliders that were added).

If it were with the suit mesh itself, wouldn't it have the same effect for everyone, and not just a few? HamUnDo above me has no issue with the suits, and they have different mods installed than I do, i.e. Base CBBE textures, vanilla hairs, base Curvy BodySlide preset, etc. so that's why we were comparing mods.

Not to drag this on, but I'm just trying to understand why this is happening, and what would be the route of fixing it.

If it were with the suit mesh itself, wouldn't it have the same effect for everyone, and not just a few? HamUnDo above me has no issue with the suits, and they have different mods installed than I do, i.e. Base CBBE textures, vanilla hairs, base Curvy BodySlide preset, etc. so that's why we were comparing mods.

Not to drag this on, but I'm just trying to understand why this is happening, and what would be the route of fixing it.

It could be that the sliders were conformed from body to body. They lose precision and spray over to vertices they didn't affect before (like the neck seam). So, it might only be some sliders causing it (sliders of the body within the suit, not the CBBE body in general).

It could be that the sliders were conformed from body to body. They lose precision and spray over to vertices they didn't affect before (like the neck seam). So, it might only be some sliders causing it (sliders of the body within the suit, not the CBBE body in general).

Hmm, ok, thanks for the explanation.

Try using the older version, (no bra)

attachicon.gifScreenShot142.png

I'll give it a shot, though the only other old version he has still includes the bra variant.

EDIT: No dice trying out the older version, the seam remains. I even tried using just the base outfit without conforming it with BodySlide, and I STILL have a seam. Really starting to get aggravated with this :(

Check your neck....

1. Fire up Body Slide then Outfit Studio

2. Load CBBE reference then load the suit in question (where ever you have this \Fallout 4\Data\meshes\clothes\SuitDreams\vaultsuit_open_wb.nif).

4. minimize the suit and bra in the meshes panel (top right of OS).

5. Click twice on the eye next to the "_suit_open_skin" mesh (should show the wire frame).

6. Check to see if the neck seam lines up with the reference cbbe shape (since the neck doesn't move from the reference you do not even need to load a preset).

If the seam is off you will need to adjust each vertex point to the correct location.

It can be done in OS, but is not for the easily intimidated.

Note: for the faint at heart....

Vertex Moves in Outfit Studio

1. click on the cbbe reference mesh (it should be highlighted in the top right panel).

2. Highlight a single vertex on the neck (little blue dot in the center of the circle) hit "V" on your keyboard and copy down the 3 coordinates in the pop up and hit cancel... cause you don't move this one...note I use notepad to copy the x,y,z axis's).

3. click on the "_suit_open_skin" mesh in the top right panel

4. Highlight the single vertex you are going to move (again little blue dot inside the circle should be the vertex) and hit "V" on the keyboard.

5. Paste in the x,y,z data you got from the cbbe reference and then click okay.

Rinse and repeat for every vertex that needs to be moved (IE copy the coordinates from the reference into notepad then paste into the target).

6. If you give a vertex the incorrect data you will probably need to just reload the nif and start all over... so save after each successful adjustment (just so you don't have to go back that far if you screw up).

A picture is worth more then just listing it so here's 2...

post-321913-0-34758600-1465000786_thumb.jpg

Pic Ref 1. Reference highlighted, copy data...

post-321913-0-72492100-1465000797_thumb.jpg

Pic Ref 2. Target highlighted (paste the copied data).

Remember save (ie export nif) after each successful adjustment, cause there is no Ctrl-Z to undo Vertex Moves in Outfit Studio (unless Cell added that to the latest build).

Note: set the brush to increase, decrease, or smooth so you get the circle and dot in the render panel...

Vertex moves are not for the faint at heart, you have been warned....

Check your neck....

1. Fire up Body Slide then Outfit Studio

2. Load CBBE reference then load the suit in question (where ever you have this \Fallout 4\Data\meshes\clothes\SuitDreams\vaultsuit_open_wb.nif).

4. minimize the suit and bra in the meshes panel (top right of OS).

5. Click twice on the eye next to the "_suit_open_skin" mesh (should show the wire frame).

6. Check to see if the neck seam lines up with the reference cbbe shape (since the neck doesn't move from the reference you do not even need to load a preset).

If the seam is off you will need to adjust each vertex point to the correct location.

It can be done in OS, but is not for the easily intimidated.

Note: for the faint at heart....

Vertex Moves in Outfit Studio

1. click on the cbbe reference mesh (it should be highlighted in the top right panel).

2. Highlight a single vertex on the neck (little blue dot in the center of the circle) hit "V" on your keyboard and copy down the 3 coordinates in the pop up and hit cancel... cause you don't move this one...note I use notepad to copy the x,y,z axis's).

3. click on the "_suit_open_skin" mesh in the top right panel

4. Highlight the single vertex you are going to move (again little blue dot inside the circle should be the vertex) and hit "V" on the keyboard.

5. Paste in the x,y,z data you got from the cbbe reference and then click okay.

Rinse and repeat for every vertex that needs to be moved (IE copy the coordinates from the reference into notepad then paste into the target).

6. If you give a vertex the incorrect data you will probably need to just reload the nif and start all over... so save after each successful adjustment (just so you don't have to go back that far if you screw up).

A picture is worth more then just listing it so here's 2...

attachicon.gifRef 1.jpg

Pic Ref 1. Reference highlighted, copy data...

attachicon.gifRef 2.jpg

Pic Ref 2. Target highlighted (paste the copied data).

Remember save (ie export nif) after each successful adjustment, cause there is no Ctrl-Z to undo Vertex Moves in Outfit Studio (unless Cell added that to the latest build).

Note: set the brush to increase, decrease, or smooth so you get the circle and dot in the render panel...

Vertex moves are not for the faint at heart, you have been warned....

Thanks! I may give this a shot on a night when I feel like messing with it.

Alright, so the neck gap issue is happening with another mod, "Ninja Outfit CBBE BodySlide" over at:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/59764-wip-bazoongas-workshop-fo4-edition/

I'm again getting frustrated. I have no idea why this is happening. Ousnius said that it is NOT any BodySlide preset, texture replacer, or anything to that nature, but I'm unsure. Why would the outfits be working for some people on their specific presets with their favored textures, but they have the neck gap for me? I really need to figure out what's causing this as I can see a reoccurring issue here that will more than likely rear it's ugly head in the future.

Of course, any insight on to the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Alright, so the neck gap issue is happening with another mod, "Ninja Outfit CBBE BodySlide" over at:

I'm again getting frustrated. I have no idea why this is happening. Ousnius said that it is NOT any BodySlide preset, texture replacer, or anything to that nature, but I'm unsure. Why would the outfits be working for some people on their specific presets with their favored textures, but they have the neck gap for me? I really need to figure out what's causing this as I can see a reoccurring issue here that will more than likely rear it's ugly head in the future.

Just like with SuitDreams, the conversion was done incorrectly. Instead of using the "CBBE" body directly as the reference, they added a new body "CBBE2" and conformed it to the sliders, which creates the seams when using certain sliders that are near the neck or wrist.

You should never ever conform sliders from body to body, which was done in both of those conversions.

Just like with SuitDreams, the conversion was done incorrectly. Instead of using the "CBBE" body directly as the reference, they added a new body "CBBE2" and conformed it to the sliders, which creates the seams when using certain sliders that are near the neck or wrist.

You should never ever conform sliders from body to body, which was done in both of those conversions.

Roger that, thank you. I was beginning to think I installed something incorrectly, or that I had conflicting plugins, and it was starting to bug me. Why would one create their own, new, body instead of just using the reference?

• 1 year later...

Roger that, thank you. I was beginning to think I installed something incorrectly, or that I had conflicting plugins, and it was starting to bug me. Why would one create their own, new, body instead of just using the reference?

I have done conversion for people for JB and CBBE and I have to admit, over half of the mods I converted I had to remove a CBBE mesh from outfits that was incorrect.  So no matter what someone did with the outfits they would always have screwed up hands, neck seams, and the outfits wouldn't match the selected body preset people would use.  So first thing I do now with any gear that comes out that is BS supported I open up Outfit Studio and check to see if the author's included a second Body mesh that shouldn't be there.

Archived