Looking for assistance finishing Daedric Ballet Heels (SOLVED)

Raver1357

Update 2: As it turns out, the solution was fairly straight-forward. By suggestion, I replaced The BSLightingShaderProperty found in the mod with a functioning one from the regular Daedric boots. At first, it didn't seem to work as the textures weren't mapped correctly, but that's because the two polygons somehow got reversed and I put the wrong ones on each of them. Applying them properly fixed the issue, and they now work. I haven't tried external texture mods yet, but they at least work with vanilla textures. I've updated the stuff below with an image and the mod itself.

Update: textures are appearing now, but they aren't mapped correctly. The image below (with a few more a bit further down) show the problem, and the download has been updated to the one pictured.

If this is supposed to be in a different section, I apologize. This seemed like the right one at the time.

Ever since TurboSnowy released that follower wearing ballet heels (and successfully getting them myself) I've been looking around for something similar. They look fantastic, but don't really go with much. So, I tried making some myself, but ran into a problem that I couldn't fix. The model is almost ready to go, looks fine in Nifskope, and loads in-game, but the textures are always black. It's based on the regular boots model, as it was intended as a replacer that uses existing textures to allow it to be compatible with texture mods. I know it's not working because of something I did, but I cannot find a fix for the problem; the guide I was following simply skipped over it. SOMETHING texture related is working, since it has reflections and such, but the texture itself is being difficult. I've tried what possible solutions I could find, without much lluck.

I have some images attached, as well as the models in question if anyone wants to take a look. At this point, I'm open to any suggestions.

post-71184-0-92413100-1464757043_thumb.png

Daedric Ballet Boots.rar

Technical support section is better. but no moving (because it is one of your fist posts.)

Now, open in NIFSkope the tree until you find something with the name BSLightingShaderProperty->BSSHaderTextureSex

Be sure the property has 9 nodes and the second one (1 is the index) has the right path to your mesh.

Technical support section is better. but no moving (because it is one of your fist posts.)

Now, open in NIFSkope the tree until you find something with the name BSLightingShaderProperty->BSSHaderTextureSex

Be sure the property has 9 nodes and the second one (1 is the index) has the right path to your mesh.

It didn't help. I even compared every value I could find to other, similar mods, with no luck. I would guess the issue came from making the model, it was my first attempt and was most likely wrong. Not sure how to go about checking for that, let alone fixing it.

did you export them with 3dsmax by change? Because the BSLightingShaderProperty is exported wrong sometimes, you can fix that in nifskope by copy the BSLightingShaderProperty form a working mesh into it, in your case the daedric boots. Just make sure to delete the old BSLightingShaderProperty first and than copy the new one.

cheers.

did you export them with 3dsmax by change? Because the BSLightingShaderProperty is exported wrong sometimes, you can fix that in nifskope by copy the BSLightingShaderProperty form a working mesh into it, in your case the daedric boots. Just make sure to delete the old BSLightingShaderProperty first and than copy the new one.

cheers.

Some definite progress. Textures appear, but they aren't mapped correctly, as shown below. It does seem to be the actual boot texture, which is both encouraging and confusing. I'm hoping this can be fixed simply, but... I'm not counting on it.

Edit: Comparing again to the regular boots, it seems the two NiTriShapes are reversed. The original has the main boot first and the knee guard second, while the mod has the opposite. I'm guessing that's the issue here, so I'll try to flip them arou...

Okay, I just figured out the problem. Be right back.

post-71184-0-28940800-1464755451_thumb.png

post-71184-0-20891100-1464755456_thumb.png

post-71184-0-33274800-1464755461_thumb.png

Try flipping the 'Has Vertax Colors' flag to No in the NiTriShapeData.

Vertax colors aren't flagged in the BSLightingShaderProperty, and the original meshes didn't have it.

A common cause for textures being black.

Edit:

Your second set are pointing to Daedric Armor in the textures, which is why the textures are weird.

Archived