3rd person Turning Animations HDT

Anon96

So in skyrim if you stand still then point the camera in another direction ,for example looking behind the player so the player is facing the camera, then you push forward the player will pop in the direction you are facing rather than playing some sort of turning animations.

This is incredibly annoying especially if using hdt hair or equipment because the physics gets all messed up when the player 'pops' I have a video showing it. I was wondering if there are any mods out there that add turning animations to avoid this.

http://sendvid.com/ks1sg62a

Guest endgameaddiction

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34508/?

It doesn't work when weapons or magic is engaged though.

Actually after watching the video, I see what you mean. If I'm understanding this right, you are looking for a mod that allows you to backpedal while viewing your character from the front while pushing the forward command correct?

You could look into a head tracking mod such as http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23600/?

This will turn your player's head where your mouse points, so when you press the forward key again, it will smoothen the transition.

Not perfect, but it boosts immersion

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34508/?

It doesn't work when weapons or magic is engaged though.

Actually after watching the video, I see what you mean. If I'm understanding this right, you are looking for a mod that allows you to backpedal while viewing your character from the front while pushing the forward command correct?

I've actually tried both of these should have said at the top sorry. It's hard to explain what I'm looking for but if you watch the video when the player turns to walk in another direction there is no animation for that. So rather than playing a turning animation like most games then moving in the direction he simply just moves in the direction creating a sort of popping effect where there is no animation.

I think the video shows this off quite well. The first thing I do in the video is look behind the player with the camera. Then I push forward so the player will move in the direction that the camera is pointed which is right behind him. So what happens then is rather than the player turning around and walking forward he 'pops' so he is facing the other direction. What should happen here is the player should play a turning animation. This would solve all the problems that this issues causes with HTD objects attached to the player most notably hair

Guest endgameaddiction

Yep. I see what you mean. There's no fluid animation when turning. Not like you see in W3 with Geralt.

I don't know any mods that cover anything like that.

yeah I have this problem too. wish there was a way to transition the character's animation forward like how it does when you run backwards.

Yeah it really is an annoying thing especially when it makes the hdt cloak or hair spaz out. Im surprised no one has mad a mod to fix it yet (or if they have it's not more popular) I mean it does sound like an easy fix all that's needed would be some turning animations.

i've been looking for something like this for years. there's some decent options for improvements in turning with weapons and magic out...

https://www.google.com/search?q=skyrim+turn+animation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

but nothing i know of to help with a natural realistic turning animation when sheathed. i think i use some XP32 turning anims iirc. the best i liked. and yeah, it's a jerky, instantaneous movement mess when using hdt. i had an xml for awhile that made the boobs swing out like a whip when fast turning like that lol

• 4 months later...

its abit late but.. im currently studying behavior and making a mod that integrate DS combat system, each creature will have their own unique combat behavior, no longer hack and slash.

yea~ the turning animation annoyed me a lot. i think i have found a way fix it while making all the edits on the behavior. but still need to do some time and more testing as i don't have HBT. oh ya, i'll include a fix for the un-immersive dragon flying rotation speed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

its abit late but.. im currently studying behavior and making a mod that integrate DS combat system, each creature will have their own unique combat behavior, no longer hack and slash.

yea~ the turning animation annoyed me a lot. i think i have found a way fix it while making all the edits on the behavior. but still need to do some time and more testing as i don't have HBT. oh ya, i'll include a fix for the un-immersive dragon flying rotation speed

Mate, if you get it working I'll worship you.

• 11 months later...

Don't mean to resurrect this after about a year of inactivity... but one thing I've noticed about this problem. 

If you have immortality activated, then find a random other character and get them to do a kill move animation on you, while causing some fairly wonky other animation behaviors, it has caused me to have a turnaround animation. It is most likely because of the "dead body collision" mod I have (I'm like 85% sure).

One way to force someone to use a killmove animation would be like this:

open the console and click on someone. So it's "npcID.playidle 1hmkillmoveD 14"  with replacing the npcID with the id that appeared when you clicked on them. Just have to stand in front of them and they'll do the animation. If they don't, just type it again.

Upon doing this, you lose all active effects on your character including racial boosts. It also messes with headtracking, crouch animations (I ended up with one leg straight out in front of me), the possibility for you character model to start flying and having a midair seizure, arms phasing through your body... among some of the few I caused to occur in the process of typing this out. 

To reset yourself back to normal, you should click on your character then type "push actor away 14 1" then your back to the normal, no turn animation way. But without any of your active effects....so it's not really worth doing. Just thought I'd share that there is a way to enjoy turn animations if you just feel like exploring and not fighting.

It would be nice if someone could actually create the animations for this. I've been searching everywhere attempting to find someone that has fixed this. I'd do it myself but the most I know how to do is install mods and make minor changes in creationkit and tesvedit to mods that other people have created. I can't even get bodyslide to work correctly and I have no idea how the majority of the features in creationkit work, so it's a fairly hopeless cause for me to attempt to make animations. But seeing as how really very few people voice their concerns for this problem, I doubt there will ever be a fix. 

• 1 year later...

I happen to be the victim of the whole opposite. I have a problem with my character who does turn around when I turn my camera and then move. It looks cool with HDT-SMP armors, but every weapon or torch aren't linked to my character when he turns. To put it in a nutshell : my character is turning, whereas my weapons and torches are popping, so that it makes a weird floatting effect on my equipment each time I turn around (and I do a lot)

But the real issue I have to face is that I really don't know from which mod this comes from, and it bothers me. I tried to install a mod to add headtracking to my character to follow the camera so that I couldn't turn my camera without the character, but it doesn't really work.
If someone is interested, I would be happy to share my load order for further investigations on this issue.

(Sorry if I'm not writing properly, English is not my native language :/ )

EDIT: The turnaround thing is actually part of hdt physics. It only occured for women characters, so I went into data>skse>plugins>hdtskinnedmeshconfigs and removed both "cbbe-tbbp.xml" and "cbbe-feet.xml"
It removes the turnaround animation unless I use a hdt-smp armor, in which case the animation occurs.
My weapons sheathed are still buggy when I use an hdt-smp armor, but at least I figured out where the problem came from. Maybe someone better than me may find a solution that doesn't involve suppressing files without knowing what he's doing. (and as far as I know, I was the only one concerned by this issue anyway)

Archived