Blender Issues: nif imports are tiny

Sorry, I accidentally posted this on the non-technical support forum first.

I've been working on this project on and off for a while now, and these files have passed through a number of different versions of blender and I don't know if that could be why this is being so impossible.  Anyways, I'm making a cartoonish wolf character, with like weirdly big eyes and scrawny limbs, but I've been having trouble with getting the meshes out of blender.  I'm gonna use this mod to get the files in the game, so I don't have to make a whole new race, which sounds way more frustrating than this already is.  

I don't know if that helps anyone see where I messed up along the way but my current problem is that when I import a new skeleton to a .blend file it's way smaller than the model!  If I can import it at all, that is.  Sometimes it will give me an error message saying that the root is not a NiNode or something.  I can usually export the file as a nif without the skeleton, just the mesh. Honestly though, i think I might have completely different problems with each one of these files.  this is a nightmare

Archived