Combining animations and equipment. Any tutorials?

nosdregamon

I'm experiementing with creating my own poses/animations. I allready found out, how to import FNIS-animations into CK, and they work on their own (console & playidle), but I can't get them to work with self created meshes or with existing ones. 

I tried to analyze "Zaz Animation Pack", but I'm unable to find the point how the assets are connected to the animations. I have simply no clue how to bring them together. Can anybody give me some pointers where to begin?

(Attachements are obviously more "concept art" than anything working, it might well be, that the way I constructed them, is totally unworkable in the end).

post-1082376-0-77551400-1464314227_thumb.png

post-1082376-0-05194500-1464314235_thumb.png

post-1082376-0-93805100-1464314242_thumb.png

post-1082376-0-38490000-1464314921_thumb.jpg

Carried items are Animated Objects. FNIS has a parameter for that ("-o"). 

THe connection is done via a bone descriptor in the ANimObject mesh. I can't give you details, but looking into existing AnimObject meshes will show you the trick.

Thank you.

THe connection is done via a bone descriptor in the ANimObject mesh. I can't give you details, but looking into existing AnimObject meshes will show you the trick.

Will Niskope be the right tool for that, or do I have to "decompile" the .hkx-files?

Thank you.

Will Niskope be the right tool for that, or do I have to "decompile" the .hkx-files?

Dont need to decompile any hkx. Yes you will need Nifskope If you want to rig your own anim object.

CK too, for adding your own anim object, as for ZAP ao they already set up in ZAP.esm, all you need to call it by attaching the ao name in FNIS_"your animation"_list.txt than you generate the list with fnis modders tool. 

I have set up some animations with "FNIS for Modders" and with "for Users" so far (Alternateive animations and basic non-cycling ones so far), I got some basics, however, I'm still pretty new at everything and looking at ZaZ's stuff I still wonder. For example:

A pretty basic *looking* animation of "FNIS_ZaZAnimationPack.txt" is described as

"b -o ZapMilkMachineStruggle01 ZaZMOMBoundFurn11.hkx AOZaZMoMB1BCuffs"

Sounds like a good starting point to see how the integration could work. In Creation Kit under [ObjectWindow]->Miscellaneous->AnimObject->ZaZ-UtimateDatapack, I can find AOZaZMoMB1BCuffs, which leads to: "1BBaseRestAO.nif". That should be our "AnimObject Mesh", right? Looking at this in Nifskope, the only thing that looks like a hint on how to set this all up is "NPC Root [Root] [7]"; but this only a string without any further info, so it leaves me head scratching.

Perhaps I'm just overthinking? Perhaps just import the whole thing into a scene and let HKXCMD run amuk? What's the worst to happen?

EDIT: HKXCMD crashes.

You take it at the wrong way. You dont need to blend an animation with animobject and of course hkxcmd will fail. The FNIS command list will do it for you so when you triggered the animation, the corresponding anim object will show up as well.

Dont be confused with the :

NiStringExtraData "NPC Root [Root] [7]

That string was meant for AO to attach/follow with specific bones, although i found it unnecessary since the AO is completely static and is already well aligned with the correspond animation. I think Zaz put it to make it aligned in game just for sure.

For example :

Have a smoking animation with AO cigarette so line will be : "b -o Smoking Iamsmoking.hkx Cigarette"

For the cigarette AO to follow with the right hand. With nifskope i RC-Mouse on main BSFadeNode/Ninode -> Node -> Attach Extra Data -> NiStringExtraData. Edit the string index and naming it into "NPC R Hand [RHnd]". 

Have a seat animation animation with AO Chair so line will be : "b -o Sitting Iamsitting.hkx Chair"

Chair is static and aligned with animation so i dont need to put a NiStringExtraData.

• 2 years later...

Hallo there and I excuse me for my bad english. I actually speak german.

I want to add an object for the kneel idle. But I have no access.
Reading this thread I installed FNIS. So I use FNIS for the first time.

In the List I added "b -o idlekneelidle_b idlekneelidle_withAO.hkx MyAO" and run FNIS for Modders and then for Users.

But in the Creation Kit under Animation -> Actors/Character/Behaviors/0_Master.hkx -> ActionActivate -> Chair -> IdleKneeling there are only the AnimEvents "IdleKneelingEnterInstant", "IdleKneelingEnter" and "IdleKneelingEvit". No one for the main Animation (idlekneelidle). I don't know what to do now.

I also tried to add the AO for the "IdleKneelingEnter" Animation. Changing the Event with mine in the game nothing happens when I activate the furniture which this animation should play.

I hope there is still someone there who can help me.

Archived