Blender Export Help

Fallout NV:

I'm trying to edit window glow meshes for Prospectors Saloon trough blender (it's an activator labelled item), but when I export it it turns out as a completely different and actually, simply static object. Any advices? I have the picture of both objects in NifSkope (labelled accordingly) side by side (Note the drastic change in tree structure) and my export settings I use in Blender (I use Blender 2.4 please note)

Thanks.

Hi.

The Blender import/export scripts do not support animated meshes. You will always loose the NiControllerManager node and its sub-nodes that contain the animation sequences.

You will always have to use NifSkope to re-create those blocks manually, which requires quite a bit of experience because there are so many ways to screw it up.

The easiest way to modify a mesh in an animated Nif file is probably to take the mesh you exported, copy its NiTriStripsData nodes (just those, they contain the actual mesh data like vertices, faces, UV map,etc.) and paste them over the respective nodes in the original file.

In your example pic that would go like this:

Open both the original and your exported file in two different instances of NifSkope. Go to the exported one, right click on the NiTriStripsData (6) node and select Block → Copy.

Then go to the original, extend the NiNode (27) until you find the corresponding NiTriStripsData node there, right click it and select: Block → Paste Over.

Repeat until you have copied all your changed meshes into the original. Then save the file with a new name and you should have a working Nif file.

Good luck.

PS: If you export environment meshes like this, you should activate the “Use BSFadeNode Root” button in the export settings and turn off “Export Dismember Body Parts.”

EDIT: Added picture as visual aide

post-30568-0-14891600-1464358468_thumb.jpg

Hi.

The Blender import/export scripts do not support animated meshes. You will always loose the NiControllerManager node and its sub-nodes that contain the animation sequences.

You will always have to use NifSkope to re-create those blocks manually, which requires quite a bit of experience because there are so many ways to screw it up.

The easiest way to modify a mesh in an animated Nif file is probably to take the mesh you exported, copy its NiTriStripsData nodes (just those, they contain the actual mesh data like vertices, faces, UV map,etc.) and paste them over the respective nodes in the original file.

In your example pic that would go like this:

Open both the original and your exported file in two different instances of NifSkope. Go to the exported one, right click on the NiTriStripsData (6) node and select Block → Copy.

Then go to the original, extend the NiNode (27) until you find the corresponding NiTriStripsData node there, right click it and select: Block → Paste Over.

Repeat until you have copied all your changed meshes into the original. Then save the file with a new name and you should have a working Nif file.

Good luck.

PS: If you export environment meshes like this, you should activate the “Use BSFadeNode Root” button in the export settings and turn off “Export Dismember Body Parts.”

EDIT: Added picture as visual aide

attachicon.gifexample.jpg

Well, thanks a lot. I really appreciate the help and the effort (with the pictures). I already know a few things about paste over functions so I shouldn't have any more problems if it works, either way - many thanks.  :)

Archived