Hi,

I try to create a small quest based on "Hidden Peaks of Solstheim".

The goal of the quest is conquering the four hidden peaks one by one in four stages.

The problems are:

The quest doesn't start.

If I use setstage quest 10 command and reach one of the peak by using fast travel, it doesn't complete the stage, and pass to the next stage.

Here it is my settings for the quest:

Hidden Peaks of Solstheim.7z

If You can help me anyway, I'll appreciate...

Post your esp here, without it is complex to understand what is going on.

And please give the max possible amount of description about how the quest should work for the first stages.

are you sure its not "started" e.g. "sqv YourQuestEdtiorID" where it says the state (running or stopped)

there are two best ways to start it (imho):

1) "[x] run on start" on the first page of the quest dialog. however, if your save already has the quest in it from before you checkmarked this you will need to start a new game or dump all the mod forms with savetool from the save.

2) piggy backing off your MCM script's OnGameLoad event.

i would also suggest not ticking "run once" in the event you need to reboot the quest. again this must be done before the quest is in the save. the proper sequence to reboot a quest is Reset() Stop() Start(), and that alone. the reasonable thought of stop-reset-start does not work, aliases will not get filled,  etc. 

How are you kicking it off? Usually the player has to speak to someone or read something for the quest to get going.Have an npc or a note and have the setstage attached to the dialogue or the reading.

Here they are my .esp, .pex, .seq files and a text file that includes all the information.

Hidden Peaks of Solstheim.7z

Thanks...

How are you kicking it off? Usually the player has to speak to someone or read something for the quest to get going.Have an npc or a note and have the setstage attached to the dialogue or the reading.

There is no NPC. No dialogue.

are you sure its not "started" e.g. "sqv YourQuestEdtiorID" where it says the state (running or stopped)

there are two best ways to start it (imho):

1) "[x] run on start" on the first page of the quest dialog. however, if your save already has the quest in it from before you checkmarked this you will need to start a new game or dump all the mod forms with savetool from the save.

2) piggy backing off your MCM script's OnGameLoad event.

i would also suggest not ticking "run once" in the event you need to reboot the quest. again this must be done before the quest is in the save. the proper sequence to reboot a quest is Reset() Stop() Start(), and that alone. the reasonable thought of stop-reset-start does not work, aliases will not get filled,  etc. 

Here it is my Quest Data:

post-779020-0-99543600-1464250022_thumb.jpg

I've not check your other suggestion. I'll try them.

Thank You...

Here they are my .esp, .pex, .seq files and a text file that includes all the information.

attachicon.gifHidden Peaks of Solstheim.7z

Thanks...

There is no NPC. No dialogue.

so how are you having it start?

I just want the PC conquers the Peaks one by one.

And when the PC reaches to a peak, a message shows up on top that the stage accomplished.

Do you have any suggestion?

I just want the PC conquers the Peaks one by one.

And when the PC reaches to a peak, a message shows up on top that the stage accomplished.

Do you have any suggestion?

set a triggerbox at the peak of each one and set them to increment the quest stages.

Archived