View File

[ <<>> ] Soul Pets [ <<>> ]
[<>] Pet Summons Mod [<>]

created by : Michael Stanich aka Spirit Shard
Site - michaelpstanich.com

[ <<>> ] Latest News [ <<>> ]
Soul Pets 0.2 is released! The framework is nearly complete, just need to add in the pet effects system and finish the progression code (multi-requirement and cross-unlocks) and then I can focus on just adding contents and customization.

WARNING : Make sure to back up your saves before installing Soul Pets! This is a very early version of the mod and some bugs may appear that could harm your save.

Also special thanks to user "CPU" for helping me get over a hurdle I had getting out of my prototyping stages!

______

[ <<>> ] What is Soul Pets? [ <<>> ]
Soul pets is a "pet summons mod" which allows the player to summon pets and level them up through acts, improving their stats, unlocking special effects, and unlocking new pets. Each pet has unique traits which allow them to level-up and have different effects than other pets. The goal of Soul Pets is to add another layer to summons and to create actual scaling to the main summoning system.

[ <<>> ] What's So Unique? [ <<>> ]
Honestly not sure, it's something I was originally going to implement into my other mod, Succubus Heart, but I felt it had a good chance as a stand-alone mod as it doesn't really have anything to do with the Succubus concept. This does mean I've brought over some of the design ideas, such as introducing new ways to progress through the game and possibly open new tactics with a bit of progression. Uniqueness will most likely grow with the mod as it finds a true identity.

[ <<>> ] Mechanics [ <<>> ]
Summon Pets : Summon your pets to fight by your side, or just to 'taste' the local life... =^.-=

XP Systems : Each pet will have it's own level path along with a universal "Trainer" level. As levels progress more information about the pets will be revealed and new pets/effects will be unlocked.

[ <<>> ] What's Included [ <<>> ]
- Docs (Read Me - Changelog - Source Notes)
- Data (Everything for the core mod)

[ <<>> ] Requirements [ <<>> ]
- Dawnguard Expansion
- Dragonborn Expansion
- SKSE 1.07.03 or newer [ http://skse.silverlock.org/ ]
- SexLab v1.61 or newer
- SexLab Creatures Content
- Sky UI 5.1 or newer [ http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3863/? ]

[ <<>> ] Installing / Updating [ <<>> ]
Just copy the mod's data folder contents into your skyrim install's data folder.

[ <<>> ] Uninstalling [ <<>> ]
Disable the mod and create a 'clean save', after that you can delete the Soul Pets.esp and all the files associated with a SuC_ prefix.

[ <<>> ] Known Issues [ <<>> ]
- Sometimes the pets will spawn into walls or off ledges... no idea how to fix this.

[ <<>> ] FAQ [ <<>> ]
I just released this so how would I have questions asked?

Changelog
Soul Pets 0.2
- Code Adjustment which moved everything to global functions for more reliable code
- Removed Dog specific target rape spell
- Removed percentage counter on XP in MCM (felt like too much clutter and didn't work)
- Changed Dog Pet to no longer be essential (You'll need resurrection spell from now on)
- Changed how pets are registered as allies (should be more reliable now)
- Changed Dog's name to Skylo
- Changed Pets now scale with player level by 0.8% (Doesn't effect Health/Magicka/Stamina)
- Changed Pets and Trainer can only level Once per-XP gain (No time restriction)
- Changed Dog and starting spells should automatically be learned upon update
- Added "MessageBox" notifications when leveling (Will be optional in the future)
- Added Trainer and Pet unlocks should be automatic (no longer have to visit the MCM)
- Added pet stats should now updated when summoned or leveled (same as above)
- Added animation sorting from the Succubus Heart mod (without gender restrictions)
- Added Spell : Pet Rape Target (Rapes target with a soul pet, randomly choses for now)
- Added Love and Like traits of Dog in MCM
- Added Rabbit Pet named Koune!
- Added Pet Info which can be unlocked through levels
- Added Trainer Unlocks information (Very much incomplete)
- Fixed MCM showing incorrect XP values
- Fixed mod not updating on version change (Had no effect on actual release)
- Fixed some XP gain values being incorrectly given
- Fixed consensual acts not activating pet or trainer XP
- Fixed orgasms in some cases not rewarding Trainer XP
- Fixed "train pet" starting an aggressive act (is not consensual)
______
Soul Pets 0.1 (initial release)
- Contains Dog Pet with minor progression
- Contains target and self training spell for Dog
- Contains basic XP system for both Dog and Trainer
- Contains incomplete MCM (Only Pet Status page works at the moment)
- Made pets ignore absorption from Succubus Heart (Requires Succubus Heart 3.22+)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/25/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dawnguard, Dragonborn, SexLab 1.61+ and Creatures, SKSE 1.07,03+, SkyUI 5.1+
  • Special Edition Compatible

Doesn't it something the same as Hentai creatures mod?

or untamed?

but anyway will look forward to the mod to see its progression.

Hentai Creatures always breaks my saves X.x and I've never heard of untamed until now. Untamed seems pretty cool but it has a very distinct direction, and won't be a route I'll be taking. Soul Pets isn't really anything original, I just wanted to take a jab at the idea and see where I can lead it. I'll be focusing a bit more on progression and specific pet relations - For example, new summons and spells will be unlocked through progress and pets will also get special effects such as they could drain enemy stamina or they cause Witbane upon orgasms. I'm also trying to learn more about AI packs to attempt to make them act differently as they level but this goes WAY beyond my current plans as it seems rather complex to set-up... and with relations pets will have different preferences, such as the 'dog' (which will be named later) loves to be the 'victim' in an animation and prefers to be with the player, granting them bonus XP. Later I'll try different boons and such, would like to maybe reward the player more for matching these up as well, just haven't figured out exactly what that reward will be tho.

I've obviously only just started to build it so I really don't know where I'll head, but if you guys have ideas feel free to send them my way!

Any chance of extending this functionality to slaves?

I could possibly do it for specific 'slaves'. I do plan on having 'humanoid' pets so they won't all be animals/creatures, but if you're talking about just any NPC I think it would be rather difficult with my current methods, I can look into it tho. If you have any features you'd like to see make sure to send them my way and I'll see what I can do. =^.^=

I'm trying this out with Wildling and Untamed. I have a pack and also the pet. I had cast the rape spell on one npc and it worked.

I snuck up on an enemy npc and cast rape. Before pet could start scene my pack killed the npc. I had also cast rape on another dog, scene did play, now it doesn't.  Now the rape spell won't start. Not sure which casting messed me up.

I tried stop all animations hoping it would reset, it didn't. Anything I should try before reinstalling mod?

Thanks

Any chance of extending this functionality to slaves?

I could possibly do it for specific 'slaves'. I do plan on having 'humanoid' pets so they won't all be animals/creatures, but if you're talking about just any NPC I think it would be rather difficult with my current methods, I can look into it tho. If you have any features you'd like to see make sure to send them my way and I'll see what I can do. =^.^=

I was thinking in terms of some sort of binding ritual: maybe something that marked them with magical tattoos/slave brands and left them perpetually bound in magically-shielded ZAZ furniture, unable to do anything. You leave a slave so bound at a designated home. Once sealed, you can summon them at will for various tasks, eg. lockpicking, combat, sex, prostitution, etc. for a set period of time. Since they operate like standard summons, they will simply return to their binding site if they soak up too much damage. Summoned versions may or may not be bound in various Devious Devices (the magical bonds from Sanguine's Debauchery come to mind). Releasing said slaves from their bondage at the binding site will terminate the contract and render them inoperable as summons.

As for summoning NPCs, I've got plenty of mods that allow you to do that. I don't think it should be too hard to figure out.

This sounds good, however I suggest connecting it to other mods aswell, rather than keeping it basic(By that I mean only beneficial to this mod alone). And provide benefits in both mods when using Succubus Heart with this mod. Such as, when you have an encounter with your pet in this mod, you receive extra/bonus "Stacks" in Succubus Heart. And if using the "Regenerate NPC health when consensual" option, each bit of health given to your pet will convert to XP, allowing you to level your pets faster(And perks relating to them). At a certain level, you'd be able to summon two pets at the same time.

"Summoning" isn't too difficult, no, but other things I have planned require a bit of working around to get working. The 'summons' in Soul Pets isn't really functioning like a summon, rather each pet is a unique NPC with its own ID and summoning them just teleports them to your location. They're more like followers without actually following you. As for the binding idea, sounds like an interesting concept but I'm not 100% sure if Soul Pets is best suited for it, trapping NPCs and converting them to pets doesn't sound bad but the bondage bit may be a bit unfitting, I also worry about adding too many requirements to the mod.

Still on the list tho, won't be something I explore until after 1.0.

A Succubus Heart "requirement" and "sync" version is coming in the future, working on the base framework right now and figuring out how I'm going to link the 2 together. I already know ways to create tags/keywords/spells which share across the mods, for example with the latest Succubus Heart release pets are immune to drain, just trying to figure out some more complex things that would work without making Succubus Heart an actual requirement (since not everyone will want to use both).

As for other mods I'm not sure I'll do much unless I find a 'safe' way to do it (such as using a specific verified version) since I can't control if other people's mods break/switch requirements or cause issues...

EDIT : Post cut off my reply >.>

I'm trying this out with Wildling and Untamed. I have a pack and also the pet. I had cast the rape spell on one npc and it worked.

I snuck up on an enemy npc and cast rape. Before pet could start scene my pack killed the npc. I had also cast rape on another dog, scene did play, now it doesn't.  Now the rape spell won't start. Not sure which casting messed me up.

I tried stop all animations hoping it would reset, it didn't. Anything I should try before reinstalling mod?

Thanks

I use my own tagging system for animations and in this early state I just hadn't actually put in all the verification I normally would (You can look at Succubus Heart's "Combat Seduction" code for what I'm talking about). I'm sure what happened is the pet was tagged as "animating" but SexLab never actually ran the animation therefor the "animating" tag was never removed - making it inoperable. This 'should' be fixed in the next release since I'm ripping the code from Succubus Heart - which doesn't have this problem.

EDIT : Version 0.2 is released with a nearly complete framework. There's 2 interesting bugs I've run into that I don't really know how to fix, 1) the rabbit (and some other creatures) die as soon as they are spawned and 2) Some creatures get stuck in animations because their "aggro" AI is disabled.

1 should be an easy fix if it's from 'falling damage' but if it's just teleporting in general that kills them then I'll need to explore a bit, pets are fine after they spawn and are revived using the new spell, just an annoyance.

2 is a bit harder to manage and I'm not sure if I can fix it. For example the rabbit (or "Hare" as the game calls it) AI looks for predators and not much else, so it gets stuck easily (and doesn't even follow when made a follower >.>).

A Succubus Heart "requirement" and "sync" version is coming in the future, working on the base framework right now and figuring out how I'm going to link the 2 together. I already know ways to create tags/keywords/spells which share across the mods, for example with the latest Succubus Heart release pets are immune to drain, just trying to figure out some more complex things that would work without making Succubus Heart an actual requirement (since not everyone will want to use both).

As for other mods I'm not sure I'll do much unless I find a 'safe' way to do it (such as using a specific verified version) since I can't control if other people's mods break/switch requirements or cause issues...

Would it be possible to make them optional requirements? Have toggles in the MCM to enable/disable any parts of Soul Pets that would have other mods as hard requirements. For example, if you have succubus heart, enable it in Soul Pets' MCM. At that point, more features would become available. For those who don't want to use succubus heart and just use the basic functions from Soul Pets, leave the option toggled off. That way, you could still add extra features to Soul Pets that would require Succubus Heart to work. But the mod would still work fine if you toggle it off, just less features due to the lack of other mods.

I don't know anything about creating mods for skyrim, but many other games i've done so before. I'm unsure if it's a similar process, but that's just a suggestion from my end. 

PS: I look forward to seeing this mods progress, your Succubus Heart mod is well made. It'll be interesting to have a stable, user-friendly pet/summon mod with good MCM layouts.((Not needing 20 key binds to use spells/shouts *Cough* TBS2))

Well the way Skyrim uses assets from other mods is it makes it a masterfile - which makes it required for the mod to work (Crashes at the title screen otherwise). The work-around is to have both mods have the same spell/script/ect so that things work without the other, but this can only be used for so many things before it gets complex.

I can do it, I'm just waiting to have the whole framework built and 'tested' before adding more complexities to the code. That's also why I don't want to add other people's mods tho, since I don't know what they could change and it could ultimately break the mod, SexLab being the exception because there's a built expectation for it.

Hi :D youre mod sounds like good fun, looking forward to download and following the progress.. im curious though if you could maybe do or add something like warlock pets ( like from WoW) and maybe the vampire dog or gargoyle for vampires?

I currently plan to add nearly all creatures in Skyrim (including DLCs) which would include Wolves, Death Hounds, and Gargoyles. If you're referring to custom creatures and such that'd require a SexLab patch and animations, which I'm not sure I can do...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

sooo....is this mod still up?

I like the idea of this mod which reminds me of one of my fave doujinshi  of a summoner girl...tried it in Untamed by summoning a low level wolf from the summon familiar Vanilla spell but even with the "Infinite Sex" option of that mod turned on it feels quite tedious and takes too much time and not much immersion in it...

hope this mod is more interactive...I really like playing summoner characters ^^

I like the idea of this mod which reminds me of one of my fave doujinshi  of a summoner girl...tried it in Untamed by summoning a low level wolf from the summon familiar Vanilla spell but even with the "Infinite Sex" option of that mod turned on it feels quite tedious and takes too much time and not much immersion in it...

hope this mod is more interactive...I really like playing summoner characters ^^

The mod is still being worked on. For a few technical reasons I'm building the integrated version in my other mod first (Succubus Heart found here - http://www.loverslab.com/topic/38187-succubus-heart-402/)and I planned on building the standalone when Special Edition got SKSE support but.. it's taking forever. When I finish the integrated version I'll build the standalone, took a break from Skyrim Modding for quite a while, sorry for the delay! X.x

The mod is still being worked on. For a few technical reasons I'm building the integrated version in my other mod first (Succubus Heart found here - http://www.loverslab.com/topic/38187-succubus-heart-402/)and I planned on building the standalone when Special Edition got SKSE support but.. it's taking forever. When I finish the integrated version I'll build the standalone, took a break from Skyrim Modding for quite a while, sorry for the delay! X.x

so you're just making this standalone version on Special Edition? no Oldrim version?

so you're just making this standalone version on Special Edition? no Oldrim version?

No, I'll be making it for the original and porting it to SSE. I had just planned to take a break from modding until SSE got SKSE, so I just planned to do it all at once. Had a coding itch and got annoyed with UE4, so I started working on Skyrim again.. lol