IMPORTANT NOTICE - this update made to Requirements:

ZAZ Animation Pack v6.11+ (important - install 6.1 AND the 6.11 patch - without the patch, scenes can freeze)

Older versions of ZaZ may be fine too, but 6.1 without the patch is definitely not fine. I've only tested with 6.11

Thanks. The update to 6.11. made it work for me :)

I already thought that Nocturnal had discovered that my toon is no longer a virgin, and would deny virgin training ...  :D

Some more feedback: Just as some other posters already mentioned here, I also think that the anal torch is a bit too much. I personally would prefer a simple anal plug. Maybe in future it could be possible to add such an option in the MCM menu? Of course it is up to you do decide... 

Anyway, many thanks for the mod :heart: , and I am curious what the training will bring in the future.

The torch is something Nocturnal came up with being an expert in darkness and shadows, of course she would come up with a way to light your way, while still having two hands free, AND protecting your anal virginity all in one device.

I do actually have a 2nd Anal device in the works. Something unique, not sure you will like more but I promise it will be even more in line with the theme of Nocturnal.

If anyone has ideas.... something more subtle than shoving a torch up your butt?

Dashsa was building a plug till she left, see link.

For me the anal torch is a bit too much as well. Alternatively you perhaps could perhaps use is (modified) clit piercing.

Optional, the piercing will of course have a light effect, what is positive, but it will making sneaking a lot harder. You could wear clothes to hide the piercing and thus being able to sneak better and avoid other implications of walking around naked (depending on the devious mods installed). But once in a while there is a change to get undressed (apart from jewelry) and getting locked out of your inventory for a while. To make it more fun, the players clothes could be transported to Breeze home (even if you do not own it yet). Meaning that if you have to, you can turn off the light, but there might be a price to pay.

<edit>

My mind still goes wandering back to the anal torch (although I prefer the anal stick with Meridia's beacon)... what if walking around with something like that sticking out (while not being able to get dressed or to sit down) and visiting shrines of Dibella is mandatory to remove locked items?

Post Title: Toys (a new framework) - Seeking Feedback & Ideas

Calling all users of the framework that shall not be named, including the content mod authors. We seek your feedback, ideas, questions, and suggestions, for this new mod.

Toys (a new framework)

A bondage framework mod (esm)

green = must have first release

yellow = not required for first release

(heading speaks for all items not colored)

The Foundation

1. Backward Compatibility Matters
  2. Rock-solid Stability
  3. Simplicity - Lightweight - Fast - Efficient
  4. Fun > Realism
  5. Everything Optional. Nothing Ever Forced
  6. Built with SSE in mind. One codebase for both
  7. Solid Documentation for Modders & End Users
  8. NO...
    • No Animation Filter
    • No menus, or pop-up messages for Toys
    • No pop-up message ever, unless you have "Tips for First Time Users" ON in MCM
    • No tedious, repetitive methods of escaping from Toys
    • No events where you are stuck in place without a way to skip the scene

The Toys

• No chance of Toy breakage (there will be no hidden/broken Toy syndrome)
  • Mod authors can make custom Toys with minimal effort (once they have the model)
  • Single "Armor item" (the model asset) in CK (exception if doing a "Transforming" Toy)
  • Single Manipulation Function that takes care of Equip, Swap, and NOT removing Toys that should not be removed
    • includes not removing things equipped by the framework that shall not be named
  • Toy can be marked "universal" which means other mods are permitted to remove/replace
  • Toys on NPCs, Cosmetic only, no fancy stuff. If does not work, it won't be supported

Small Library of Toys

• Toys with models from ZAP, models from Heretical Resources, and a few others
    • The basics, where permission has already been obtained
    • We seek modelers willing to contribute
    • We seek mod authors wanting to add Toys, or a Bondage Shop
  • The goal is NOT to have gigabytes worth of hundreds of Toys. Instead, content mods add their own Toys
    • possibly a "registry" type concept, much like "animation packs" added to Sexlab

Keys for Toys

• No menu to remove a toy, ever! No pop-up messages. No struggling, cutting, or lock picking
  • Basic Key-based removal option
    • Keys can be universal, maybe provided by Toys framework, or unique, only from content mods
    • We seek mod authors willing to add content giving universal key options
  • Examples:
    • Toy that can be removed freely anytime
    • Toy that needs a universal key that you somehow acquire
    • Toy that needs a unique key, only from the content mod, often tied to a quest

Transforming Toys Escape Mechanic

• A Toy, including custom Toys from content mods, can "transform" based on Arousal Level, and/or Orgasm. Uses MCM settings
  • A transformed Toy can optionally, have a different model (it looks different). You will hear it and see it change
    • For example, the Toy can appear melted (translucent), or changed, like it's disintegrating, or weakening
  • A Transformed Toy can optionally fall off after some time, OR, optionally, be removed without a key, OR, optionally, be removed if having the correct key
  • Examples:
    • Toy that melts (transforms) due to arousal, becomes translucent, and in this state, can be removed without a key
    • Toy that transforms upon orgasm, looks broken, and then falls off. "Your powerful dragonborn orgasm, blows off the Chastity Belt!"
    • Toy that transforms due to arousal and orgasm, it may not look any different, but due to transformation, the correct key lets you remove it
    • Toy that transforms due to arousal, and cannot be removed because in this state the key does not work

Toy Story

• There will be no quests within the framework. However mercplatypus and I are already working on a separate Tutorial/Demo Content Mod called Toy Story. Toy Story will...
    • Introduce/demo Toys mechanics to End Users
    • Serve as a Test Harness for all to use. It will exercise all of Toys' features
    • Serve as sample code for modders. Documentation will be within the source code
  • Toy Story will include a Tribute to Zad the lost original Quests of the framework that shall not be named

Arousal

• Standard integration with Sexlab Arousal. MCM options to tweak

Effects

• Some effects for Toys, particularly certain types of Toys. TBD
  • Orgasm Effect (the visual and sounds)
  • Fondle Thy-Self
  • Delayed Orgasm
  • Exhausted
  • potentially many other handy things, like visual effects and sounds to use
  • Each of these can be tweaked or turned off in MCM

Utility

• Busy check function, serve as a common check where mods "check-in" to say they are busy and check for other mods busy, such that we don't override each other's scenes. Would do its best to check for busyness from all mods, checking for active sexlab scenes and active scenes in the framework that shall not be named
  • Scene initialization/termination. Includes the busy check, stripping, player controls, freecam

Dependencies

• Sexlab (and the mods it requires)
  • Sexlab Arousal
  • Soft Dependency: any version of the framework that shall not be named. This is to "play nice" with other mods. Not sure it's possible

Project Stages

1. Feedback/Ideas. Happening right now
  2. Public Alpha. Test, and fine tune features using the feedback
  3. Public Beta. Features mostly frozen. Go for rock-solid stability

I estimate this to take between 3 and 5 months, to reach first full release, including Toy Story.

My thanks to mercplatypus who is helping me with this project, focused on (but not limited to) Toy Story.

IMPORTANT NOTICE - this update made to Requirements:

ZAZ Animation Pack v6.11+ (important - install 6.1 AND the 6.11 patch - without the patch, scenes can freeze)

Older versions of ZaZ may be fine too, but 6.1 without the patch is definitely not fine. I've only tested with 6.11

Thanks. The update to 6.11. made it work for me :)

I already thought that Nocturnal had discovered that my toon is no longer a virgin, and would deny virgin training ...  :D

Some more feedback: Just as some other posters already mentioned here, I also think that the anal torch is a bit too much. I personally would prefer a simple anal plug. Maybe in future it could be possible to add such an option in the MCM menu? Of course it is up to you do decide... 

Anyway, many thanks for the mod :heart: , and I am curious what the training will bring in the future.

The torch is something Nocturnal came up with being an expert in darkness and shadows, of course she would come up with a way to light your way, while still having two hands free, AND protecting your anal virginity all in one device.

I do actually have a 2nd Anal device in the works. Something unique, not sure you will like more but I promise it will be even more in line with the theme of Nocturnal.

If anyone has ideas.... something more subtle than shoving a torch up your butt?

Dashsa was building a plug till she left, see link.

For me the anal torch is a bit too much as well. Alternatively you perhaps could perhaps use is (modified) clit piercing.

Optional, the piercing will of course have a light effect, what is positive, but it will making sneaking a lot harder. You could wear clothes to hide the piercing and thus being able to sneak better and avoid other implications of walking around naked (depending on the devious mods installed). But once in a while there is a change to get undressed (apart from jewelry) and getting locked out of your inventory for a while. To make it more fun, the players clothes could be transported to Breeze home (even if you do not own it yet). Meaning that if you have to, you can turn off the light, but there might be a price to pay.

<edit>

My mind still goes wandering back to the anal torch (although I prefer the anal stick with Meridia's beacon)... what if walking around with something like that sticking out (while not being able to get dressed or to sit down) and visiting shrines of Dibella is mandatory to remove locked items?

Well at this point I now have completed (for whenever next release is made public), a Virgin Anal Skeleton Key. If you know the lore, Nocturnal is famous for her Skeleton Key, so why not use it to protect anal virginity, then grant the Dragonborn a more powerful version of it later, that unlocks stuff etc. as a quest reward.

It's in the screenshots. When it's equipped, instead of producing light, it causes your character to give off a subtle ghostly visual effect. Can see that in the pictures too.attachicon.gifScreenShot25.jpgattachicon.gifScreenShot40.jpg

wow, that is looking good! I am curious already as to what the next version will be.

I've updated the 2nd Post in this thread with Future Plans.

You can get a better idea of what this Mod is going to include.

Wow, that looks very promising!

And personally, I would like the skeleton key a lot better, because it does not burn my clothes and my hair all the time, and .. it is a key after all.

Still better -- if I am allowed to dream -- would be a lock with a removable key. :lol:

Hi, few issues:
-Nipple guard is/are transparent for me- (im using slavetats, slavetats are fitted to my HDT body) so i see flying tatoos and another stuff but body is transparent.

-My pc was in chastity with plugs, in cage all was fine but then (during apply tourch and piercing) i got back my old chastity stuff (unequip doesynt work)? (chastitiy and plugs came from pure DDi)

Can you add nipple guards as simple nipple shields, without body mesh?

And once one question, it's possible to replace tourch with something more hmm ...conventional? ;)

I cross fingers for updates, sorry if i doubled here reported issues.

Hi, few issues:

-Nipple guard is/are transparent for me- (im using slavetats, slavetats are fitted to my HDT body) so i see flying tatoos and another stuff but body is transparent.

-My pc was in chastity with plugs, in cage all was fine but then (during apply tourch and piercing) i got back my old chastity stuff (unequip doesynt work)? (chastitiy and plugs came from pure DDi)

Can you add nipple guards as simple nipple shields, without body mesh?

And once one question, it's possible to replace tourch with something more hmm ...conventional? ;)

I cross fingers for updates, sorry if i doubled here reported issues.

The nipple guard is not my asset. Hard for me to change it. I'm also using Slavtats, and HDT body but not seeing this problem. Do you have the problem if no Slavtats in use? I'd like to figure out the source of the problem and recreate it. I like that it's body mesh as it will hide other items and as part of my intent. Thanks for the info... it might not be the best asset for me to use, or at least make it more optional (not forced to wear or part of the intro). Anyone else also seeing this problem?

The stripping of standard devious devices should have worked but I'm working on improving, including not proceeding if mod cannot remove items in slots it needs to use, such as when custom devious devices are there and should not be removed, like something from captured dreams.

In the next phase of the quest, you will have the option to replace the torch with the Virgin Anal Skeleton Key... see Future Plans.

As soon as I saw this, I had to download and check it out. Not very often DD-based mods try to incorporate them into a story, and the idea of being forced to remain virgin, particularly while being teased, was quite appealing to me.

Well, I progressed the vanilla shout quest till I got the first shout, used the shout when the quest told me to, ran to Whiterun, heard the Greybeards shout to me, went to see the Jarl, and no courier. Ran outside, back in (shouting periodically), fast traveled to Riverwood, ran back to Whiterun, walked to Dragonsreach, walked back to Whiterun gate and headed outside, walked to the stables, took the carrage to Windhelm, and ran to Riften while shouting, and walked around. No courier showed up throughout that whole (mis)adventure.

Decided to use Additemtool to give myself the letter, and the quest started. Progress? Not quite. Shouting didn't trigger any scenes, even though I tried inside cities and in the forests outside of Riverwood. I thought about trying to set the quest stage manually, but couldn't figure out the quest ID.

Now, I am using Individualized Shout Cooldowns http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52648/? in case that makes a difference in how shouts are detected. Soon, I'll be starting a new save without Maria Eden 2.0 for troubleshooting a different mod, and I'm going to remove the Shout cooldown mod when I do, just in case that changes anything wiht SLaV.

Regardless of the troubles I'm having, this mod looks epic, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it develops in the future.

========

In regards to your Future Plans, I'd like to see alternative to the torch, yes. Your Skeleton Key sounds fun, though I haven't played Skyrim long enough in one save to get to most of the lore (yes, I reset saves regularly to experiment with new mods).

If you plan on getting into punishments for loosing your virginity, I'd like to have the option of spankings, whippings, and public punishments. Having the Dragonborn locked into ZAZ furniture and forced to endure humiliation at the hands of random passerby's could be quite interesting. Likely would have to keep it short to prevent players from getting bored. I know Prison Overhaul has some kind of passerby interaction, though something like that might be outside of the scope of SLaV. Perhaps have Nocturnal offer the Dragonborn some kind of "reward" for choosing particularly harsh punishments, such as branding (using Branding Device of Doom? The mod includes rather harsh screams, and might be too extreme for most people.) Could just magically apply brands/tattoos without a device, if the branding device is too extreme.

I only suggest this, because I'm a bit of a masochist, and there's not very many mods I've found that offer consensual pain/punishments, and SLaV seems to have a logical option. Though again, if these suggestions aren't something you want to incorporate, just let me know and and I'll try to keep them on track in the future.

EDIT: I can try formatting my stuff to make it more readable, but my brain is frazzled after a full day of working retail. Just let me know if you need me to clean this post up.

As soon as I saw this, I had to download and check it out. Not very often DD-based mods try to incorporate them into a story, and the idea of being forced to remain virgin, particularly while being teased, was quite appealing to me.

Well, I progressed the vanilla shout quest till I got the first shout, used the shout when the quest told me to, ran to Whiterun, heard the Greybeards shout to me, went to see the Jarl, and no courier. Ran outside, back in (shouting periodically), fast traveled to Riverwood, ran back to Whiterun, walked to Dragonsreach, walked back to Whiterun gate and headed outside, walked to the stables, took the carrage to Windhelm, and ran to Riften while shouting, and walked around. No courier showed up throughout that whole (mis)adventure.

Decided to use Additemtool to give myself the letter, and the quest started. Progress? Not quite. Shouting didn't trigger any scenes, even though I tried inside cities and in the forests outside of Riverwood. I thought about trying to set the quest stage manually, but couldn't figure out the quest ID.

Now, I am using Individualized Shout Cooldowns http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52648/? in case that makes a difference in how shouts are detected. Soon, I'll be starting a new save without Maria Eden 2.0 for troubleshooting a different mod, and I'm going to remove the Shout cooldown mod when I do, just in case that changes anything wiht SLaV.

Regardless of the troubles I'm having, this mod looks epic, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it develops in the future.

========

In regards to your Future Plans, I'd like to see alternative to the torch, yes. Your Skeleton Key sounds fun, though I haven't played Skyrim long enough in one save to get to most of the lore (yes, I reset saves regularly to experiment with new mods).

If you plan on getting into punishments for loosing your virginity, I'd like to have the option of spankings, whippings, and public punishments. Having the Dragonborn locked into ZAZ furniture and forced to endure humiliation at the hands of random passerby's could be quite interesting. Likely would have to keep it short to prevent players from getting bored. I know Prison Overhaul has some kind of passerby interaction, though something like that might be outside of the scope of SLaV. Perhaps have Nocturnal offer the Dragonborn some kind of "reward" for choosing particularly harsh punishments, such as branding (using Branding Device of Doom? The mod includes rather harsh screams, and might be too extreme for most people.) Could just magically apply brands/tattoos without a device, if the branding device is too extreme.

I only suggest this, because I'm a bit of a masochist, and there's not very many mods I've found that offer consensual pain/punishments, and SLaV seems to have a logical option. Though again, if these suggestions aren't something you want to incorporate, just let me know and and I'll try to keep them on track in the future.

EDIT: I can try formatting my stuff to make it more readable, but my brain is frazzled after a full day of working retail. Just let me know if you need me to clean this post up.

I just now tested it with Individualized Shout and it was no problem for me. Going to keep it installed so I am always testing with it incase it can later go bad. This is a great mod to use too so I want to be compatible.

A working example is:

1. Shout anywhere

2. Change locations, such as fast travel to Whiterun if you were not already there.

3. Courier shows up - quest starts. In a few cases I've had to fast travel to a 2nd city, then the courier shows up

4. Read the letter - quest progresses

5. Now first time you shout anywhere, the quest is going proceed with a scene starting

Assuming that's not working...

• go to the console before step 1 above
  • Type sqv VirginStoryMain
  • The second last thing it displays swill be "Current Stage"
  • Before Step 1 (your very first shout after loading the mod for the first time), you will see that Current Stage is 0
  • After your first shout, it should be 10. If it's not changed to 10, mod is not detecting your shout for some reason and I'd love to know why.

If this first shout is not incrementing the stage to 10, then checking more is pointless as we already know the shout is not being detected.

As for future plans, one of the things I have always wanted to see more of is use of the furniture. For next release I have what I'm calling Shouting Mini-Encounters done with its first 2 main types of encounters, and one of them will be lots of furniture and whipping. I've tried branding doom a while back, but thanks for mentioning it I should think about how to incorporate it in a subtle way.

========

I just now tested it with Individualized Shout and it was no problem for me. Going to keep it installed so I am always testing with it incase it can later go bad. This is a great mod to use too so I want to be compatible.

A working example is:

1. Shout anywhere

2. Change locations, such as fast travel to Whiterun if you were not already there.

3. Courier shows up - quest starts. In a few cases I've had to fast travel to a 2nd city, then the courier shows up

5. Now first time you shout anywhere, the quest is going proceed with a scene starting

Assuming that's not working...

• The second last thing it displays swill be "Current Stage"
  • Before Step 1 (your very first shout after loading the mod for the first time), you will see that Current Stage is 0
  • After your first shout, it should be 10. If it's not changed to 10, mod is not detecting your shout for some reason and I'd love to know why.

If this first shout is not incrementing the stage to 10, then checking more is pointless as we already know the shout is not being detected.

As for future plans, one of the things I have always wanted to see more of is use of the furniture. For next release I have what I'm calling Shouting Mini-Encounters done with its first 2 main types of encounters, and one of them will be lots of furniture and whipping. I've tried branding doom a while back, but thanks for mentioning it I should think about how to incorporate it in a subtle way.

I'm cramping and can't sleep, so I'm trying to figure this out. If you happen to read this and there's only a bit there, it's because I'm editing this post.

So, AS:LAL still doesn't work for me. I have checked the prereq's, but figuring out why I CTD after Character Creation isn't something I understand. May end up posting something on the skyrim mods reddit later, but that's quite possibly beyond the scope of your mod. (Yes, I still dub your mod "SLaV" for now.) In the meantime, using "coc ctest" then loading a quick-start save I found on the nexus allows me to get right to the end of the "Dragon Rising" quest, and access to my first shout. This clean save also starts me inside Dragonreach before the first courier encounter (which is usually triggered from the handful of other mods I have that create courier events... possible conflict? unlikely to have a conflict, see below)

Right off the bat, I notice shouting doesn't cause VirginStoryMain to progress beyond stage 0. Tried giving myself the "Become Ethereal" shout via the console, but... no words for the shout would appear, and I couldn't spend Dragon Souls on it. Yay.

Moving on, I noticed that some of the shouts were being modified by "Revenge of the Enemies: No Scripts Edition". Remove mod, rebuild bashed patch, load clean save, setup sexlab, saved, reloaded, try shouting:..... quest state doesn't change.

Restored the save I just made, manually started the quest via "startquest virginstorymain", walked outside to Whiterun, still no change.

Restored the save I made again, this time using "setstage virginstorymain 10", and i got a letter as expected. Yay. So the quest proper works, but not the detection of the shouts. Gonna have to see if the shouts can be acquired through normal gameplay later. Tired now.

And yeah, you mentioned it was probably the detection of shouts in my save, but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't "something else" preventing your quest from running. (and I want to explore your quest now, as opposed to later).

I just installed and tried out the mod, and all seems to work fine until I try the second shout. Now my problem isn't that the second shout thing doesn't trigger the next event, but it's that it partially does, it locks me into a cage, but then nothing at all happens. No dialogue, nothing.

I waited for an hour, then all of a sudden I was in chains and a torch appeared in my ass, yet no dialogue, no Nocturnal, nothing, so I quickly quitted the game and uninstalled the mod, which sucks cause I really like the ideas of this mod.

I just installed and tried out the mod, and all seems to work fine until I try the second shout. Now my problem isn't that the second shout thing doesn't trigger the next event, but it's that it partially does, it locks me into a cage, but then nothing at all happens. No dialogue, nothing.

I waited for an hour, then all of a sudden I was in chains and a torch appeared in my ass, yet no dialogue, no Nocturnal, nothing, so I quickly quitted the game and uninstalled the mod, which sucks cause I really like the ideas of this mod.

First thing to check is this:

Important Notice

An update made to Requirements:

ZAZ Animation Pack v6.11+ (important - install 6.1 AND the 6.11 patch - without the patch, scenes will freeze)

If you have the latest Zaz with 6.1 installed, and the patch 6.11 applied on top of it, and you've checked through all the other requirements, and this is still happening, I'd sure like to look further and find out the cause.

I wish so badly that i would be able to play the mod but i can't get it to detect shouts. I'm running it with almost only the bare-bones requirements and i have no idea why it won't pick up the shouts

I'd like to try and find the source of this problem. You are the 2nd person reporting "not detecting the shouts". But first lets make sure it's really not detecting them.

A working example (first time loading game with mod installed) is:

1. Shout anywhere (any shout should work)
  2. Change locations - example: fast travel to Whiterun if you were not already there
  3. Courier shows up - quest starts (might need to travel to a 2nd city before the courier shows up)

If that's not working, to see if even the first shout was detected...

• The second LAST thing it displays is "Current Stage"
  • After your first shout, Current Stage should be 10. If it's not changed to 10, mod is not detecting your shout for some reason and I'd love to know why

First thing to check is this:

Important Notice

An update made to Requirements:

ZAZ Animation Pack v6.11+ (important - install 6.1 AND the 6.11 patch - without the patch, scenes will freeze)

If you have the latest Zaz with 6.1 installed, and the patch 6.11 applied on top of it, and you've checked through all the other requirements, and this is still happening, I'd sure like to look further and find out the cause.

I have both the update and patch already installed, as well as all requirements.

Haven't tested it again, but I'll give it another shot.

I wish so badly that i would be able to play the mod but i can't get it to detect shouts. I'm running it with almost only the bare-bones requirements and i have no idea why it won't pick up the shouts

I'd like to try and find the source of this problem. You are the 2nd person reporting "not detecting the shouts". But first lets make sure it's really not detecting them.

A working example (first time loading game with mod installed) is:

1. Shout anywhere (any shout should work)
  2. Change locations - example: fast travel to Whiterun if you were not already there
  3. Courier shows up - quest starts (might need to travel to a 2nd city before the courier shows up)

If that's not working, to see if even the first shout was detected...

• The second LAST thing it displays is "Current Stage"
  • After your first shout, Current Stage should be 10. If it's not changed to 10, mod is not detecting your shout for some reason and I'd love to know why

Unfortunately i've already gone through these steps earlier and i didn't see any kind of error or anything in the console, just that the "Current Stage" was always at zero no matter how many times i shouted or even used different shouts, and after forcing the current stage to 10 through the console i still get the letter but still no shout detection.

I've the same as above, only not even as far.  Courier note, second shout, Nocturnal appears, and the scene freezes, with the ethereal Nocturnal standing by.  Checked all the requirements, but I am running a shed tonne of mods, so something's probably conflicting, though it's not on the list.

Checked sqv VirginStoryMain in the console.  It hangs up on stage 20.

I have both the update and patch already installed, as well as all requirements.

Another thing to consider, if you use the Free Camera feature of Sexlab (default key is F11 I think), this will cause any scene (other Mods too), to sometimes pause. Not a bug, you just toggle back to proceed.

If it's not that, and if you know how to provide a papyrus log, I'd like to see.

Unfortunately i've already gone through these steps earlier and i didn't see any kind of error or anything in the console, just that the "Current Stage" was always at zero no matter how many times i shouted or even used different shouts, and after forcing the current stage to 10 through the console i still get the letter but still no shout detection.

Do you use any other mod that alters shouts? I don't use anything fancy, just a built in game feature that lets you register for an event (the shout in this case). But if another mod were doing similar and then de-registering....

If you know how to provide a Papyrus log, I'd be interested to see too.

I've the same as above, only not even as far.  Courier note, second shout, Nocturnal appears, and the scene freezes, with the ethereal Nocturnal standing by.  Checked all the requirements, but I am running a shed tonne of mods, so something's probably conflicting, though it's not on the list.

Checked sqv VirginStoryMain in the console.  It hangs up on stage 20.

In your case, you're stuck or paused in the scene, not having any problem detecting the shout. And Stage 20 is normal (looking at that is not relevant as you reached the Scene just fine).

Things for you to look at are, is the Zaz patch mentioned above installed, and all other requirements. And the thing I mentioned above about Free Cam.

And ya, you could just be script overloaded.

Another thing to consider, if you use the Free Camera feature of Sexlab (default key is F11 I think), this will cause any scene (other Mods too), to sometimes pause. Not a bug, you just toggle back to proceed.

If it's not that, and if you know how to provide a papyrus log, I'd like to see.

I completely forgot how to get the logs working. I think it was a tweak in the skyrim.ini file, but I don't see anything regarding logs in mine.

Just tried the latest version of the mod, and still problems. This time, I got Nocturnal to appear, but then nothing happened afterwards. No dialogue whatsoever. She just stood there, doing nothing, while I'm stuck in the cage.

I really like the idea of this mod, but if it keeps up this pace of not working properly, I'm gonna have to forgo it completely.

And I still can't get any papyrus logs cause I can't remember how to get them activated.

Just tried the latest version of the mod, and still problems. This time, I got Nocturnal to appear, but then nothing happened afterwards. No dialogue whatsoever. She just stood there, doing nothing, while I'm stuck in the cage.

I really like the idea of this mod, but if it keeps up this pace of not working properly, I'm gonna have to forgo it completely.

And I still can't get any papyrus logs cause I can't remember how to get them activated.

I'm sorry for your troubles, but when it comes to animations and scenes freezing, it's very likely got nothing to do with this mod. To maybe help I need a papyrus log. If there's a conflict I can try to make the mod more resilient. Lots of that already built in.

I've just now, added a How to Get Papyrus Log, to the FAQ section of this Mod's page. Also completely understandable if you'd rather not spend the time, but I do appreciate your help if we can figure this out.