36 minutes ago, effrenatus said:

I have read the description and the faq, but one answer I could not find:

I am at the point in the main quest where I can go back to Nocturnal to be reborn, but Dibella‘s voice has told me not to do anything that Nocturnal sais.

How can I live a life as a non-virgin, for example under Dibella‘s reign? I am afraid I will not be able to go on without having to report in and getting punished all the time. You wrote about a choice - HOW do I choose Dibella?

Or can I not choose before I went through all the quests?

Thank you for helping me to understand! :smile:

You need to be punished and rebirthed, in order to progress through all the quests. This is because Nocturnal and Dibella are both involved in completing parts (they are playing off each other). Nothing stopping you from losing virginity promptly after rebirth though.

After the main story parts are complete (details), you could turn off "reporting in". Can do this anytime but if main story has not completed you will have placed that on hold).

i went and read the faq, but didnt see  the answer i was looking for so i will ask here. with reguards to the interactions with nocturnal, is the DB considered/implied to be submissive to nocturnal?

if yes, might i make a suggestion. after helping save cassia, would it be possible, in the future if you dont have plans for it atm, to address nocturnal as mistress?

reason i asked this is that, if i remember right, you agree to server her willingly, for cassia's freedom and i feel that at that point the player becomes submissive to nocturnal.

2 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

i went and read the faq, but didnt see  the answer i was looking for so i will ask here. with reguards to the interactions with nocturnal, is the DB considered/implied to be submissive to nocturnal?

if yes, might i make a suggestion. after helping save cassia, would it be possible, in the future if you dont have plans for it atm, to address nocturnal as mistress?

reason i asked this is that, if i remember right, you agree to server her willingly, for cassia's freedom and i feel that at that point the player becomes submissive to nocturnal.

The Dark Brotherhood do not revere Nocturnal, the thieves guild do.  The Dark Brotherhood worship Sithis who is a whole different story.

13 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

Nocturnal attempts to make the Dragonborn submissive. As the player you can resist, or not, but you will also be torn between Nocturnal and Dibella thus end up switching between virgin and non-virgin. If you try to stay in either state, you wont be able to complete the main story. But after completing you could remain in one state if you use MCM to turn "reporting in" off. By default, you will be forever in a cycle of losing and regaining virginity.

When you save Cassia, you only agree to disable the dwermer devices to stop draining Nocturnal's powers. This could occur, before the main story has ended, thus you may "need" to serve Dibella again.

10 hours ago, negativeion1992 said:

Just to be clear, more "Restraint" happens under Nocturnal, yes?

Yes for sure, but as explained immediately above, you will be switching between both in order to complete the main story.

Nocturnal provides all but 2 of the devices. Dibella does not ever force you to wear her's, nor does Nocturnal when you are not in "virgin training" (which can be about half the time, and not at all if you eventually turn off the "reporting in").

In one case a Dibella device key is taken by Nocturnal and Nocturnal locks you into it until you complete a quest. If doing a quest for Dibella, you can still wear devices from Nocturnal, and this is what Nocturnal wants you to do.

So in other words, you could choose to always wear devices if you want to. Completing the main story gives access to more devices as you go.

Your mod looks fabulous! However, before I start a new game and include it I have a question. I noted that you specifically require ZAZ7 and NOT ZAZ8 (your mod, your call). In that case is there any advantage (or for that matter disadvantage) to adding ZEP and/or TUFP?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

Your mod looks fabulous! However, before I start a new game and include it I have a question. I noted that you specifically require ZAZ7 and NOT ZAZ8 (your mod, your call). In that case is there any advantage (or for that matter disadvantage) to adding ZEP and/or TUFP?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

ZAP 7 is what it's tested with. It might work with Zaz8 (actually its called ZAP 8), but I don't intend to test or support it because I don't trust the author, particularly in future changes to it.

I have no experience with ZEP or TUFP.

I would say install only ZEP, TUFP, or ZAP8 if actively using OTHER mods that actually need any of these. If not they do nothing on their own so why install them. And keep in mind I can't promise anything with ZAP 8. If there's problems the first thing I will say is "try it with ZAP 7".

40 minutes ago, ssamsbji said:

In Virgin training, where can I find the Dragon skull of Nocturnal Ritual Chamber? There are two map points. One is the EXIT hole location of Haemar's Shame and other one I don't know. Where should I go?

Thanks !

You worship the shrine in Haemar's Shame again. That takes you back to Nocturnal's home. The ritual chamber is in there and will have a marker.

On 3/27/2018 at 6:08 PM, VirginMarie said:

ZAP 7 is what it's tested with. It might work with Zaz8 (actually its called ZAP 8), but I don't intend to test or support it because I don't trust the author, particularly in future changes to it.

I have no experience with ZEP or TUFP.

I would say install only ZEP, TUFP, or ZAP8 if actively using OTHER mods that actually need any of these. If not they do nothing on their own so why install them. And keep in mind I can't promise anything with ZAP 8. If there's problems the first thing I will say is "try it with ZAP 7".

To answer my own question I tried to run Shout with Zap8.0+. It consistently CTDd when rolling into Helgen with Ralof saying, "Look, it's General Tullius, and the Thalmor are with him." When I switched to Zap7 (as per your advice quoted above) I had no trouble (at least so far at the beginning of the game). I though that you might like to know (or more specifically that someone else like me might want to know).

Thanks for your help and a great mod.

Holy wow, wow! This is one great mod! I don't as a norm roll girl toons.  I was in a bad mood and just for the hell of it grabbed your mod and made one. Started running around and got the quests started.   Before I knew it I was having fun and was in a much better mood. Thank you VirginMarie for all the work you put into it. I was also surprised to see that you still respond to posts. How awesome is that. Any way, Happy gaming.. TTFN

5 hours ago, Tacelam said:

Holy wow, wow! This is one great mod! I don't as a norm roll girl toons.  I was in a bad mood and just for the hell of it grabbed your mod and made one. Started running around and got the quests started.   Before I knew it I was having fun and was in a much better mood. Thank you VirginMarie for all the work you put into it. I was also surprised to see that you still respond to posts. How awesome is that. Any way, Happy gaming.. TTFN

glad you are having fun! :smile:

12 hours ago, Psalam said:

To answer my own question I tried to run Shout with Zap8.0+. It consistently CTDd when rolling into Helgen with Ralof saying, "Look, it's General Tullius, and the Thalmor are with him." When I switched to Zap7 (as per your advice quoted above) I had no trouble (at least so far at the beginning of the game). I though that you might like to know (or more specifically that someone else like me might want to know).

Thanks for your help and a great mod.

To be fair to ZAP8, you'd have to rule out some things before knowing for sure it's the source of CTD's.

For example, if you don't know and/or follow the golden rule, your CTDs could be caused by a corrupt save, and just the larger size of ZAP8 could be enough to trigger the CTD, when the smaller ZAP7 does not. Also if a corrupt save is the cause, you will eventually have problems either way, and it will not be because of any particular mod. (if you have started a new game, none of this needs consideration)

Other possibility... ZAP8 has many more animations than 7, and could be maxing out FNIS (look for errors when generating). And even when not exceeding the max, the author states that FNIS with more animations, is more susceptible to CTD.

5 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

To be fair to ZAP8, you'd have to rule out some things before knowing for sure it's the source of CTD's.

For example, if you don't know and/or follow the golden rule, your CTDs could be caused by a corrupt save, and just the larger size of ZAP8 could be enough to trigger the CTD, when the smaller ZAP7 does not. Also if a corrupt save is the cause, you will eventually have problems either way, and it will not be because of any particular mod. (if you have started a new game, none of this needs consideration)

Other possibility... ZAP8 has many more animations than 7, and could be maxing out FNIS (look for errors when generating). And even when not exceeding the max, the author states that FNIS with more animations, is more susceptible to CTD.

I appreciate your referral to the golden rule but the very fact that I'm in a cart with Ralof in Helen talking about General Tullius indicates that this is a new game. Since it is a news game I think I can rule out a corrupt save as the cause.

I grant that the issue may well be the increased number of animations. I always run LOOT and FNIS before starting a new game. No errors or warnings. 

34 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I appreciate your referral to the golden rule but the very fact that I'm in a cart with Ralof in Helen talking about General Tullius indicates that this is a new game. Since it is a news game I think I can rule out a corrupt save as the cause.

I grant that the issue may well be the increased number of animations. I always run LOOT and FNIS before starting a new game. No errors or warnings. 

If you're loading up all your mods and then starting the cart ride, you really are asking for a heap of trouble

You should play straight vanilla right through to the exit from the Helgen underground, stop before entering Skyrim, create a save there, and use that as the base on which to add all mods, in stages.  You can test your set up to date, from time to time, by coc to various places - the crowded and complex - to see if all is well, and when you have a game set up that looks stable, only then charge out into Skyrim to lay dragons and slay people.  :classic_rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, donkeywho said:

If you're loading up all your mods and then starting the cart ride, you really are asking for a heap of trouble

You should play straight vanilla right through to the exit from the Helgen underground, stop before entering Skyrim, create a save there, and use that as the base on which to add all mods, in stages.  You can test your set up to date, from time to time, by coc to various places - the crowded and complex - to see if all is well, and when you have a game set up that looks stable, only then charge out into Skyrim to lay dragons and slay people.  :classic_rolleyes: 

That's interesting (and I have found mods that I could ONLY safely load after Helgen. However, that would appear to be in direct violation of the above mentioned golden rule (which I don't want to break because then I have no grounds to ask the mod's author for support).

4 hours ago, Psalam said:

Ya I must have been half asleep. Of course you were starting a brand new game. :tongue:

Donkeywho's method is not breaking the golden rule, so long as you don't resort anything. You can safely add mods to the end of your load order mid play through, or upgrade existing mods. Using this method, or an alternate start mod, would likely solve your initial CTD problem. Most people these days use an alternate start mod I think.

That said, I don't trust ZAP8, although it's more about it's future that I don't trust. For example the author is now wanting to go back to using 6.11 as his basis, instead of 7.0. This would completely break this mod and is why I will never create a dependency on it. So I'm not trying to talk you out of using ZAP7 :smile:. If you are happy with the start you already have, by all means, keep on keeping on!

Despite the fact that this is going to make me look like an idiot I am going to share what appears to be (so far at least) the solution to my CTD problems. I was intrigued by your suggestion that it might be an animations issue (to to other problems I had had) and went to the FNIS page on Nexus. On that page Fore explains his suggested approach to the problem. The first step is to alter the Data/SKSE.ini files. What I found was that I not only did not have Fore's suggested settings, I did not even have an SKSE.ini file. I went to the Steam Store (as directed by Google) where they had one for free (which, by the way, incorporated Fore's suggestions). I copied it into an SKSE.ini file that I created and appear to be off to the races. 

As I said, I know it makes me look like an idiot but these threads have helped me overcome a number of problems with mods and I'm hoping that posting this may help someone else.

Once again, VirginMarie, thanks for the help. I should be back to thank you for the mod too once I can really get into it now (all I've done is intimately know a Standing Stone so far).

3 hours ago, Psalam said:

I was intrigued by your suggestion that it might be an animations issue (to to other problems I had had) and went to the FNIS page on Nexus. On that page Fore explains his suggested approach to the problem.

(all I've done is intimately know a Standing Stone so far).

:smile:

15 hours ago, Psalam said:

That's interesting (and I have found mods that I could ONLY safely load after Helgen. However, that would appear to be in direct violation of the above mentioned golden rule (which I don't want to break because then I have no grounds to ask the mod's author for support).

The alternative to this and what most people do is use the Alternate Start - Live Another Life mod to bypass the cart ride.  That way you can load all your mods in a safe quiet cell, do a few save/loads and let the MCM menus populate properly.  Then you can tweak all your MCM menus/import settings where applicable and make a clean "pre-game start" save, and finally talk to the Mara statue and start the game properly.  Much better than trying to force so much activity into Skyrim's engine while it is trying to run a complicated/touchy cart ride scene.