Stellaris adult mods?

froste

Btw, just to follow-up on my Stellaris anime mod, I've had to postpone it because I've just been so busy modding CKII that Stellaris has taken a back seat. I'm working on a pretty ambitious Lover's Lab adult CKII project atm that I'll be releasing in maybe a few weeks once Reaper's Due has settled down.

While Stellaris is much better for modding in terms of portraits, its hard to mod in stories/events for it like I can CKII, and those me are my favorite things to do! At first I didn't know how to mod CKII events, but now that I'm comfortable with them, modding in Stellaris seems kind of silly in retrospect when it's done so much better in CKII. It'd be different if Stellaris was more popular than CKII, or CKII is dying, but the irony is CKII is probably more popular than Stellaris, and now that Reaper's Due is released, I don't see that changing anytime soon, if ever. I'm seeing a lot of people who hated CKII now coming back in droves due to simply its performance fixes, not to mention everything else it changed.

It probably isn't a bad idea to wait on modding Stellaris anyways so it gives Paradox more time to release DLC. It's still vanilla in the DLC department, unlike CKII which is bursting at the seams.

So, taking a look at it--that works...frighteningly well.  :D I'd never even made the obvious connection that Lilith's (Kagami) artwork would supply you with a large number of internally-consistent (at least among the female characters) looking characters. Speaking purely on the matter of visual consistency, you could even pull from a few Bishop games (for example, to generate generic population portraits)--something you probably already figured out. 

Well done! You've made a lot more headway than I ever did--back when the game first game, I told myself I'd make a Ctarl-Ctarl species from Outlaw Star--I generally got all the basic mechanics (names, unique government, etc.), but got hung up on artwork and unique events (editing options...geeze, makes me grateful for things like Bethesda's Construction Kits. Going through INI files with Notepad++ just isn't for me) and eventually gave up. It wasn't even supposed to be "adult themed" (barring that placeholder portrait for a sort of ancient Ctarl-Ctarl Empress, I just didn't want to use Aisha specifically) but I could never figure out what I'd do graphic wise. If I could figure those out maybe I could finish it...

What you've gotten so far looks great. As I mentioned, I'd get so hung up on "internal consistency" that I'd have to set up a game where 'Anime Lilith' were the only human species, and everyone else would either be the same species or perhaps the most abstract plant/fungus/mollusk species. I'm definitely going to be following your progress, I can't wait to see what you put out (it's making me regret not getting into CK2, but I suppose the sci-fi setting does lend itself more to most of Lilith's games than the Middle Ages...?). 

post-39632-0-79202700-1483480295_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived