Stellaris adult mods?

froste

Your pop's ethos can shift in game, but the ethos you chose at the beginning are your empires guiding ones, they are static and unable to change in the slightest. So if you dont start as a militarist, you lock yourself out of the heaviest bombardment. And even if a majority of your pops have different ethos, it wont affect anything. It doesn't make a lick of logical sense, but at least you don't randomly become pacifistic or worse randomly loose every ethos but xenophobe.

Maybe you could tell me then, what's the point of having multiple portraits for my pop's? Is that something that matters, or do you think I should just divert all my portraits over to leaders and rulers and use one portrait for my entire pop? Can pop's somehow be promoted to leaders or rulers, otherwise I'm not seeing the point of having portrait pop diversity.

i was under the impression that leader portraits and pop portraits were all pulled from the same pool?

Your pop's ethos can shift in game, but the ethos you chose at the beginning are your empires guiding ones, they are static and unable to change in the slightest. So if you dont start as a militarist, you lock yourself out of the heaviest bombardment. And even if a majority of your pops have different ethos, it wont affect anything. It doesn't make a lick of logical sense, but at least you don't randomly become pacifistic or worse randomly loose every ethos but xenophobe.

Maybe you could tell me then, what's the point of having multiple portraits for my pop's? Is that something that matters, or do you think I should just divert all my portraits over to leaders and rulers and use one portrait for my entire pop? Can pop's somehow be promoted to leaders or rulers, otherwise I'm not seeing the point of having portrait pop diversity.

i was under the impression that leader portraits and pop portraits were all pulled from the same pool?

I can set conditionals on how the portraits are used, depending on where I have them in my text file. Right now I have three separate pools -- rulers, leaders, and pop -- but if the pop seems trivial, I'm thinking about diverting all my portraits except one away from the pop pool into leaders.

You're right in the sense though they all pull from the same resource files, but you can specify conditionals to tell the game where those resources are used. I could even copy the portrait pool by having both leaders and pop share the same pool, but that would result in a ton of duplicate portraits.

Universal Federation

Fanatic Militarist

Xenophobic

But why would you create Xenophobes?

They are currently kind of broken, especially in regards to Genemanipulation.

The good news about Stellaris is those options can be adjusted in-game, similar to traits in CKII. As for why I picked it, I literally haven't started a single game yet, other than for testing purposes. No joke. I don't know how to play the game. I'm modding it first. Business before pleasure :D. I have no clue about the current meta, other than the first few minutes I've started a new game for testing purposes. Once I'm satisfied with my portrait content, I'll start and finish a full game, then release the mod.

Well, the not-so-short is that Xenophobes main features, Tolerance for Slavery and Purges, are pretty much the same as as Collectivist's, but Limited to Xenos. It also comes with a few additional downsides, an intolerance for Subraces of your own race (as the game actually doesn't quite seem to do "Subrace" instead of "Similiar Race") and for Synths, and a mediocre unique building. Only reason I'd currently pick it over Collectivist is if I was roleplaying something uncollectivist/individualistic-but-Xenophobic or really wanted the ability to purge Undesirable conquests without Collectivists Limit on Democratic Government forms.

Some exception of this can be made for FANATICALLY Xenophobic, as those can at least make full use of Xeno Slavery (the Tolerance for which stacks multiplicatively, instead of additively with regular Slavery Tolerance)

But then again, I've been accused of rollplaying over roleplaying in the past, and there's some serious Internet-Fights over Xenophobias value)

tl;dr: Downsides, easily replicable upsides

Anyway, waiting with baited breath for your work.

I'm importing Anime Lilith portraits into Stellaris. I was thinking of posting it to Steam, but I guarantee it would be taken down on account of how some areolas are popping out and the engorged character nipples, so it will be a Lovers Lab exclusive.

The problem with Stellaris is unless you have a shit ton of portraits, you're at the mercy of the game automatically assigning duplicate portraits to leaders and populations, so the more portraits you have, the better your chances of not seeing duplicates, so I'm not releasing it until I've got a crazy amount of content. Unfortunately, just with the math of it all, you're going to see duplicate portraits eventually, but at least none of them will take on the appearance of your ruler.

It's laughable how easy it is to get portraits into Stellaris. In CKII, it took me over 200 tries loading into the game before it worked. In Stellaris, I just downloaded someone's day-one mod that accomplished exactly what I wanted and refined it. It loaded so easily, at this point I'm intentionally breaking it to see what I can and cannot get away with! The only tricky part is for those who aren't familiar with Photoshop, getting your own portraits into Stellaris will be harder, as every character needs to have a transparent background and be fairly big in scale.

I'd also like to say you're doing good work over there; I'm loving how that's looking, and simply seeing that being done in the game makes it seem much more viable to me now that the game could have some really fantastic adult mods.

Keep it up! biggrin.png

P.s. (and please eventually play the game a bit tongue.png it'll give you some extra context to work with to help flesh your mod out even more/better)

I can set conditionals on how the portraits are used, depending on where I have them in my text file. Right now I have three separate pools -- rulers, leaders, and pop -- but if the pop seems trivial, I'm thinking about diverting all my portraits except one away from the pop pool into leaders.

You're right in the sense though they all pull from the same resource files, but you can specify conditionals to tell the game where those resources are used. I could even copy the portrait pool by having both leaders and pop share the same pool, but that would result in a ton of duplicate portraits.

Other than simple variety there is no use for multiple pop portaits in the vanilla game. There are some damn fine potential uses for it, but that would be on a mod by mod basis.

I currently have 55 portraits. It's becoming apparent making these is a lot more time consuming than CKII portraits, provided the portraits aren't cut out for you already. All the characters need transparent backgrounds, so to anyone who makes their own, unless you feel like cutting out backgrounds for each and every character, I recommend finding graphic rips from games with either backgrounds that are already transparent, or solid color backgrounds you can magic erase quickly, otherwise I hope you like using the pen tool. Plus, the characters have to be somewhat big at 330x330 pixels, so visual novel characters are ideal.

If it's real people, the best bet would be photo shoots of them behind green screens, or white screens. I'd like to eventually do a portrait pack with real people, but that will be a while longer yet.

Diversity is the spice of life. A red head, a brunette, a blonde, someone a little punk or gothic. :)

I suppose one thing to consider - when playing the game, I end up looking at my population a LOT more than I'm looking at my ruler, and perhaps even more often than my science officers.

Of course, I'm assuming by pop - that we're talking about the images that represent your citizenry when you look at a planet's land allocation. Which, as I mentioned - is far more frequent an occurrence than looking at my ruler, mayor, admiral or general. The only one that compares in visible frequency is the Science leaders for your tech and the science vessels.

I currently have 55 portraits. It's becoming apparent making these is a lot more time consuming than CKII portraits, provided the portraits aren't cut out for you already. All the characters need transparent backgrounds, so to anyone who makes their own, unless you feel like cutting out backgrounds for each and every character, I recommend finding graphic rips from games with either backgrounds that are already transparent, or solid color backgrounds you can magic erase quickly, otherwise I hope you like using the pen tool. Plus, the characters have to be somewhat big at 330x330 pixels, so visual novel characters are ideal.

If it's real people, the best bet would be photo shoots of them behind green screens, or white screens. I'd like to eventually do a portrait pack with real people, but that will be a while longer yet.

Do you run into the issue where when they've a white background and you use the fuzzy select tool that highlights and allows you to delete the background, that it leaves a little white border around them?

I get that all the time, but I use GIMP instead of Photoshop, and I've often wondered if that's just the drawback of using a free tool.

Do you run into the issue where when they've a white background and you use the fuzzy select tool that highlights and allows you to delete the background, that it leaves a little white border around them?

I get that all the time, but I use GIMP instead of Photoshop, and I've often wondered if that's just the drawback of using a free tool.

With Photoshop Layer Masks and a bit of practice it generally takes meer minutes to remove any complex background from an image. Still, greenscreens are and will always be the easiest and/or produce the best results.

I have tested some real people nude portraits for Stellaris. See the attachment for fairly refined edges and transparent patches inside the hair where the background was.

I have also added some custom female diplomatic voice files so the girls don't always greet me with the standard mammalian grunts when I open their screens.

As for events, I haven't touched those yet but they seem to be practically the same stuff as in CKII. I like the idea for scientist events, I also think interaction/abduction events when interacting with Pre-FTL species provide good options for an adult mod.

Sweet, that looks great. I love how moddable these games are, and the hi res portraits are sexy... I'll agree with pre-FTL stuff, sounds fun.

Diversity is the spice of life. A red head, a brunette, a blonde, someone a little punk or gothic.

Ooh, what if they were all separate species though? A species of freckled redheads, another of busty brunettes, another pale and raven-haired, another olive goddesses, another hot blondes...

It looks trivial to make a single gender, and with the portraits separated into easily distinguishable species we could have an entire galaxy of nudist space lesbians fighting and making up. :)

Sweet, that looks great. I love how moddable these games are, and the hi res portraits are sexy... I'll agree with pre-FTL stuff, sounds fun.

Diversity is the spice of life. A red head, a brunette, a blonde, someone a little punk or gothic.

Ooh, what if they were all separate species though? A species of freckled redheads, another of busty brunettes, another pale and raven-haired, another olive goddesses, another hot blondes...

It looks trivial to make a single gender, and with the portraits separated into easily distinguishable species we could have an entire galaxy of nudist space lesbians fighting and making up. :)

Having multiple species populations on a planet can lead to a lot of headaches. Even if you're playing peace loving whores, another species can still get uppity when they have to share the same planet, and then you've revolutions and drags on production.Thus why my whores are happy to negotiate first, but if they have to go to war, they wipe a planet clean before inhabiting it.

Having multiple species populations on a planet can lead to a lot of headaches. Even if you're playing peace loving whores, another species can still get uppity when they have to share the same planet, and then you've revolutions and drags on production.Thus why my whores are happy to negotiate first, but if they have to go to war, they wipe a planet clean before inhabiting it.

There's a reason I love a bit of genetic re-engineering to make them more compliant.  Then again, I prefer to be the alpha of the "relationship" so I'm a smidge biased on that front.  Ok, really biased due to playing on the alpha side of things.

I have an anime Portrait Pack right in front of me, and yet I see myself going "I think I should wait for the one by Remedy".

I am weird.

It's not weird. Remedy's girls are bustier, and more importantly, have puffier nips than the portrait pack on Steam, which makes it about 1000% better!

But seriously the consistent art style is very very nice, that it's a hentai style is delicious icing on the cake.

It looks trivial to make a single gender, and with the portraits separated into easily distinguishable species we could have an entire galaxy of nudist space lesbians fighting and making up. smile.png

I haven't gotten far enough to have multiple species on planets but that's not really an issue for me? I just want to see stuff like my fiery militaristic redheads allying with the intellectual materialistic brunettes to crush the horde of collectivist blondes.

• 1 month later...

For anything adult it would probably be easiest to restrict it to humans or a human-like race. Otherwise all your event pics would need to be generic. (Unless of course, somebody's into talking mushrooms getting it on with talking weeds.) blush.gif Technically plenty of opportunity though. For example:

• Anomalies! Probably the biggest area for adult material. You can get the gender of the science officer of the ship scanning anything too.
  • Losing/winning wars. The fallen empires can execute your ruler if you lose a particular sort of war. I'm sure people here could think of some... "other" things. confused.gif
  • Country events. This could actually be useful too. Say some kind of event that causes birth rates to go up for instance. (Or down depending on ethics!)

I've done some experiments with removing all pops clothing. It turns out that it also works for all alien races -if- you edit their clothing files. It's just...  naked birds? Yeah... not doin' it. laugh.png

I've been tossing around the idea of a doing a few "adultish" anomalies and events related to the Drow. Likely in another plugin. (As aside from nudity the Elf/Drow stuff really isn't adult in nature.  ... Except for all those totally skanky outfits... biggrin.png)

Oh one thing for the CK2 people: is it possible to reference more than one plugin? Meaning: say I want to make a mod that makes use of both Drow and Elves as "masters" so to speak. I ask because Stellaris seems to follow the same setup. So if it works in CK2, it probably would for Stellaris as well.

Really that's the only thing stopping me from trying it out. Ideally I'd like a new plugin to require both mods.

• 4 weeks later...

I can still see potential for leader focused content. Sure there isn't really a dynasty system, but that shouldn't automatically end consideration. I mean you can be a Imperialistic God King, why not have a harem of all the races you've conquered? Also I've been on the internet long enough to know that even the upcoming planetoids will be getting some side glances from a few people.

• 2 weeks later...

moddable animated leader scene is a great thing to have in stellaris. and somehow it reminds me of a game that have many species with its own animated idle scene :

Breeding season

:P so anyone interested to port thsoe to stellaris?

Can't be done. At least with Breeding Season.  The head artist ended up screwing over the entire project and it shut down. This is why you NEVER give an artist 100% ownership of created assets when it comes to these kinds of projects.

Btw, just to follow-up on my Stellaris anime mod, I've had to postpone it because I've just been so busy modding CKII that Stellaris has taken a back seat. I'm working on a pretty ambitious Lover's Lab adult CKII project atm that I'll be releasing in maybe a few weeks once Reaper's Due has settled down.

While Stellaris is much better for modding in terms of portraits, its hard to mod in stories/events for it like I can CKII, and those me are my favorite things to do! At first I didn't know how to mod CKII events, but now that I'm comfortable with them, modding in Stellaris seems kind of silly in retrospect when it's done so much better in CKII. It'd be different if Stellaris was more popular than CKII, or CKII is dying, but the irony is CKII is probably more popular than Stellaris, and now that Reaper's Due is released, I don't see that changing anytime soon, if ever. I'm seeing a lot of people who hated CKII now coming back in droves due to simply its performance fixes, not to mention everything else it changed.

It probably isn't a bad idea to wait on modding Stellaris anyways so it gives Paradox more time to release DLC. It's still vanilla in the DLC department, unlike CKII which is bursting at the seams.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would love to see some adult themed events, edicts, buildings and stuff like that. Not exactly direct stuff but letting your imagination do a lot of the fun work coming up with what's going on based on the policies you have in place.

Anyone interested in hashing out ideas for events or edicts and the like? I have no idea how to mod this game but if someone is interested in trying I'd be happy to help coming up with ideas.

Archived